Help with Achievement Please?!

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jan 8, 13 11:54 PM
I just started playing this, and I'm such a nut for getting all the achievements. But there's 3 in the same vein that I can't figure out what it means or how to get them.. please help if anyone knows!

The 3 that I'm referring to are called "Thorough", "Precise", and "Sniper". The description for the achievements say to, respectively: Use 5 (then 7, then 10) clicks while searching for hidden items.

I've tried all kinds of stuff... randomly clicking (which it then "scatters/ freezes" your cursor and says not to guess).. I tried getting 5 exact items in a row, within a certain amount of time, etc... and I've tried these things in both the regular HOS and the ones where you have to find the item by the picture.

I'm not getting anything for these achievements.. I don't really understand what they want me to do. Has anyone been able to figure this out? It's going to drive me bananas if I can't get them! lol

mcurty
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,991 Posts

Re:Help with Achievement Please?!

[Post New]by mcurty on Jan 9, 13 8:50 AM
I got all those achievements, but don't know how I did it. The notice just popped up as I was playing that I received the achievement.

I'm thinking that they don't have anything to do with hidden object scenes, but may refer to just finding hidden objects as you play the adventure part of the game. If you've just started, maybe you need to continue on finding things and when you clicked around enough to find some things you will earn the achievement?

Sorry I can't be of more help.

ETA: I just replayed to the middle of Chpt 2 and I have those three achievements that you are questioning. I don't know how I got them though.

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 9:24:50 AM PST

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

[Post New]by LizzieK on Jan 9, 13 10:03 AM
I played the first hidden object scene and got all 3 of these achievements. There are 10 regular objects and 2 objects within other things. To get the achievements you have to click on 5 of the 10 regular hidden objects in a row with no misclicks. Then you get the popup for Thorough. Then click on 2 more with no other clicks in between and you get Precise. Then click on the remaining 3 regular objects, that gives you 10 in a row with exactly 10 clicks and you get Sniper. Then I click on the golden horseshoe. Then I clicked on the two "more hidden" objects.

There didn't seem to be a time limit for finding the items but you can only use 10 clicks in a row in the scene to get all three of these achievements.

You can get this achievement in any of the hidden object scenes if you don't get it in the first scene.

Edited on 01/09/2013 at 10:24:50 AM PST

[Post New]by blueeyedgirl1301 on Jan 9, 13 4:19 PM
Thanks so much! Will definitely try this!

ChocPeng
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

Help with Achievement Please?!

[Post New]by ChocPeng on Jan 16, 13 7:01 PM
blueeyedgirl1301 wrote:I just started playing this, and I'm such a nut for getting all the achievements. But there's 3 in the same vein that I can't figure out what it means or how to get them.. please help if anyone knows!

The 3 that I'm referring to are called "Thorough", "Precise", and "Sniper". The description for the achievements say to, respectively: Use 5 (then 7, then 10) clicks while searching for hidden items.

I've tried all kinds of stuff... randomly clicking (which it then "scatters/ freezes" your cursor and says not to guess).. I tried getting 5 exact items in a row, within a certain amount of time, etc... and I've tried these things in both the regular HOS and the ones where you have to find the item by the picture.

I'm not getting anything for these achievements.. I don't really understand what they want me to do. Has anyone been able to figure this out? It's going to drive me bananas if I can't get them! lol

I achieved all of these on the very first HOG by clicking on 10 items in a row without any random clicks. Random clicks in HOG are never going to be a good thing.

Actually, I started the game three different times due to mistakes I'd made in other areas, so when I achieved these goals, I clicked on all of the items in that HOG without any extra clicks. Every click I made was an item, so if there were 12 items to find, I made 12 clicks for the entirety of the HOG.

I hope this helps you.

Go to: