bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Victim of Xen

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Jan 9, 13 12:29 AM
Embark on a journey across continents in the Role Playing Game, Victim of Xen. Follow Will as he becomes a victim of circumstance, after the frivolous royal witch, Xen, turns him into a girl. As you search of a way to reverse the spell, you'll get pulled into something much more treacherous. Explore a dynamic story set in a rich world full of war and intrigue, with a dash of quirkiness. Fight monsters, complete jobs and get ready for adventure.

vonniefaye
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

Re:Victim of Xen

[Post New]by vonniefaye on Jan 9, 13 7:30 AM
Well, so far all I have been able to do is kill a bandit, and deliver some mail from one town to another. I am not impressed with this game. Even tho I am a RPG junkie, I think I will pass on this game. Even if it was a DD wouldn't entice me to add it to my collection.

lynne8179
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,322 Posts

[Post New]by lynne8179 on Jan 9, 13 8:33 AM
love this one! has a great sense of humor and is enjoyable! takes a bit to get started but it is good once it does!

[Post New]by Bigfishette on Jan 9, 13 10:26 AM
I really like RPG games and it's rare for BFG to offer them. Played demo until it finished. Got me really curious as to what happens. But will pass as no journal as to tasks and can't see enemies coming.

Nijimasu
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by Nijimasu on Jan 9, 13 6:12 PM
I gave this half an hour, and I know that it's not really fair to judge an RPG from such a short time, but I have a backlog of more enticing RPGs to play.

The "adult" angle of the game might appeal to many players and the story seems promising so far. Money is hard to come by and you seem to walk around without armor and weapons for a while. I don't mind random encounters but wish that I could see the enemies' stats. The look is stock RPG Maker.

[Post New]by Shitzadorina on Jan 10, 13 4:06 AM
Much like lynne, I too like this game. Been playing for 3h. I do wish they had a quest log (it would have helped a lot), as well as some better graphics for the battle sequences themselves, but I really like the humour and unusual twists.

My observations for those having issues playing are:

Read the conversations, the hints are all there.

There is an infinite money source in this game quite early. It may take a while getting what you need though.

Go to: