Stuck at Chessboard

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 9, 13 4:08 PM
I got the last figurine and went to the junkyard and put it on the chessboard. But I still can't play the chess game. It says the pieces won't move. I have the Oragami Tulip and the Curator's Mask in my inventory, but don't know what to do with it.

When I got the 4th figurine, it said, Now I have all the figurines to Win Kjuu's chess game for him (or something like that.) Now when I click on Hint, it says that I should put my figurines on the chessboard. I already did that and don't have any figurines in my inventory.

Am I doing something wrong or is this another glitch in the game?

What do you do after you put all 4 figurines on the chessboard? There are 8 figurines on the board right now.

Thanks for any help.

Edited on 01/10/2013 at 12:45:20 AM PST

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

Re:Stuck at Chessboard

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Jan 9, 13 4:10 PM
I had the same problem. I am in the middle of redownloading now.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 10, 13 12:36 AM
Hi, Cathy.

So you had the same problem. Are you going to reinstall the game and then start over, or just see if it works using the same profile?

Good luck.

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Jan 10, 13 2:21 AM
Redownloading didn't work on the same profile. I think what may have gone wrong is that I put the chess people on the board as I found them instead of waiting until I needed them to play the chess game. I will probably start it over again at some point but I bought a few games at the holiday sales so will wait a bit and see if they offer an update. I also had to control-alt-delete to leave the game sometimes when the menu would not pull up so the game has a couple of problems on my computer.

[Post New]by Dominick_Fontana on Jan 11, 13 12:54 AM
Hi, Cathy.

Well, I uninstalled and then reinstalled and it didn't solve the chessboard problem. I also put each figurine on the chessboard as I found it. It sounds like that is the problem because after I put on the 4th one the Hint said, now you can put all the figurines on the chessboard. Well, I don't think I can fix this problem, so I am not going to start the game over at this point. I'll wait to see if they have an updated version and then I'll try that.

I also had the problem where the Menu stops working.

Good luck.

Edited on 01/11/2013 at 12:55:38 AM PST

suesue2
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by suesue2 on Nov 2, 13 4:49 AM
I too am stuck and don't know what to do. I can't even find the 3rd figure (dryad) and didn't even know there was supposed to be 4 of them until I read the forum and saw others with the same problem. If anyone out there finds the answer to this, PLEASE let me know. I really don't want to start all over but may have to. Thanks to anyone who can help.

[Post New]by Westnecker on Feb 13, 14 1:17 PM
This same problem happens in the regular edition on the game also, not just in the collector's edition!
You would hope they would give us an update to get past this?

Go to: