tillybaby
Minnow
Minnow
219 Posts

Such a slow download AGAIN

[Post New]by tillybaby on Jan 10, 13 12:42 AM
Why does this happen every collectors edition day? I have only achieved 10% download in 40 mins. yet if I download a game already in my collection it's done in a few minutes,
To say I am fed up with this would be an understatement and it only happens with Big Fish AND only since the new pages have been created. None of their competitor sites have this problem and I think it's time it was sorted out.

Re:Such a slow download AGAIN

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 10, 13 12:47 AM
Yes, very slow again.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 10, 13 12:47 AM
Hi tillybaby and dobbiemijnboekje,

I know that waiting for a game to a download can be frustrating if it takes an excessive amount of time.

If you are sure your Game Manager is working correctly and it is only new games with which you have a noticeably slower download, it is worth noting that this can occur if you are among the first in your region to install the game.

The first time a game is installed using a specific server, that server needs to 'setup' the download if you will, which can add some time to the process. Once a game have passed through a server, it will be quicker to download thereafter.

That being said, please do reach out to the Tech Support Team if you feel like something may not be working as it should, as they will be able to offer specific advice.

Finally, as this is a tech issue, I will be locking this thread but feel free to repost that issue here so we can keep all tech related queries together.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/10/2013 at 12:48:16 AM PST

LadyLark
Minnow
Minnow
285 Posts

[Post New]by LadyLark on Jan 10, 13 12:47 AM
Strange, I had no download problems here. Mine actually was faster than usual on the BFG servers. I stepped away for coffee and when I came back it was done. I'm not sure why you're having this problem.

Go to: