Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

Re:Todays DD 10 January 2013

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 10, 13 8:25 AM
UGH..........brown on brown on brown. Might have overlooked
some of the other problems for the sale price, but no way
can I cope with the BROWN. Got to the jungle, and even
that's brown. Must be a first, a brown jungle!!

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jan 10, 13 10:19 AM
Wow, I don't think I have ever seen a one star game review with over 80 reviews! I don't think this will be worth my time to even download the trial.

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 10, 13 12:34 PM
I put my thoughts in the other thread reserved for reviews. It was based on the demo. I did like the built in "strategy guide" (albeit a skeleton one) and they seem to have corrected the problem with the language, but since I'm not a club member, it's not available to me for the DD price. I *might* purchase it later if/when it comes as a COW when I'm in one of those moods to play an easy game since one review does say the gameplay is quite long. There are around 20 chapters and no adventuring at all. The game did freeze up on me midway through the demo and I had to turn off my computer since it didn't let me break out of it normally, but I was able to open it again and play through the remainder with no problems. It's worth playing the hour trial if only to know for sure that you won't like it. I played it because I'm a sucker for lost causes and can't believe that a game could be *that* bad unless I see it for myself. I would have thought worse of it if it was still in its original version but they did an adequate job of correcting the really bad parts of it. I do think it is funny that they use a backwards form of the apostrophe for contractions and possessives and wonder what kind of keyboard could they have used for that.

Edited on 01/10/2013 at 12:55:57 PM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 10, 13 2:36 PM
This looks like one from the *dark ages* (literally), everything seems to be the same colour of brown and really small items! It also appears to be one HO scene after another. How old is it? Not my style of game anymore, now I look for something brighter and more interactive. I also do not understand their mis-use of language and punctuation - maybe I am too picky but that type of thing really annoys me!

FishyFemale
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,174 Posts

[Post New]by FishyFemale on Jan 10, 13 5:39 PM
I forgot to mention that yes, it is indeed one HO scene after another. You get a fuzzy scene that becomes clear then someone appears to talk with you to get you to do something for him. When you do, you then get the HO scene with 15 or so items in them. None of them in the demo is interactive but there are a few animations in the scenes and then it takes you to a puzzle, some that you can skip and others you cannot. Then the picture changes to become another fuzzy one that becomes clear, etc. The "story" is told only in the dialog and there is no movement for you to do at all. It just progesses from one scene to another. The only work you do is clicking within the HO scenes. It's like flipping through a photo album and you really don't get a feel of participating in this game at all. Like I said in the reviews thread, I'd be ticked if I was paying for a club membership and getting this game offered as a DD when there are SO many others that can be offered for $2.99. At least they should stick to games that have at the very least a three star rating!

Go to: