Hay Pile

[Post New]by juuudi on Feb 19, 09 8:27 AM
Can anyone tell me how to light the hay. I have tried and tried and cannot get more than a puff of smoke. Thanks!

LizzieK
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,190 Posts

Hay Pile

[Post New]by LizzieK on Feb 19, 09 9:14 AM
juuudi wrote:Can anyone tell me how to light the hay. I have tried and tried and cannot get more than a puff of smoke. Thanks!
The object of this insane game is to hold the magnifying glass in a very small specific range where it is focused to cause the straw to burn. You do this by pressing and releasing your left mouse button, over and over and over and over and over.

You have to figure out what spot is the most effective and creates the most smoke. Then you have to try to develop a rhythm with your mouse clicks to hold the magnifying glass in that spot long enough for the straw to catch fire.

This is probably the worst mini-game I have ever seen in a game. There have been many complaints in the forums about this mini-game.

Good luck!

star4721
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Hay Pile

[Post New]by star4721 on Apr 1, 09 10:36 AM
I too am having an incredibly difficult time getting the bale of hay to burn; I also don't know what to do with the grey totem. I've turned & turned the levels to no avail.

HELP!

[Post New]by lhw1948 on Apr 20, 09 10:50 AM
I CANNOT GET THE HAY STACK TO CATCH FIRE!!!! GRRRRR I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME, BUT I CAN'T GET ANY FARTHER ..........HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by lhw1948 on Apr 20, 09 11:11 AM
I GOT IT!!! FINALLY

[Post New]by denizorge on May 26, 09 2:13 PM
I though the dratted mouse was going to be the end of me but ohhh no. I think I have hay fever from trying to light this. Grrrrr.......

I think I'll take a break and try again next week, month, year ... A shame because I was enjoying this game.

[Post New]by cappycorn on Oct 21, 10 10:29 AM
lizziek is right. this is THE WORST mini-game ever!!!!!

AvgSpock
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,044 Posts

[Post New]by AvgSpock on Nov 11, 12 10:42 PM
I have to agree that this is a most annoying mini game! I wish there had been a skip for this! My finger is so sore.

I finally did it, too. I found it very helpful to concentrate on the light beam and smoke as LizzieK suggested . Thank You!

After that, I found it helped to watch that the gold lens part of the magnifying glass stayed lined up with the black area behind it and aimed to keep it there.

Deski
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by Deski on Dec 22, 13 6:15 PM
Playing game on kindle fire. Any suggestions for getting hay to burn. Glass just bounces up and down. Doesn't stay still long enough to focus and burn. thanks for the help.

Go to: