1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

Giving up

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jan 12, 13 12:26 PM
I have made 3 attempts to finish level 25.

So many fires, plenty of prefectures, suddenly losing supplies when they were working fine. It is so frustrating. The houses don't seem to recognise new structures, roads around each building, paved with plaza paving etc etc

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Giving up

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 12, 13 2:02 PM
I only just gave this game a go, and enjoyed it until I reached level 6. From then on fires started to appear. And it's not just the odd fire here and there, but they are there constantly. That really put me off.

I am not in the mood to speed-click my way through a game.

No fun, no buy.

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jan 12, 13 2:33 PM
Hi Valdy

I've been able to overcome it in the earlier levels, you just need to remember to build prefectures with road access to the various buildings. Think of it like a fire station with a with only pedestrian firemen, you need them nearer, and more of them, than we have them in the real world. When you can build barracks the soldiers deal with the ones that are lit by vandals.

I've really enjoyed the game until this level, it really tests your mettle.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 12, 13 3:34 PM
Thank you for the info, Grandma. I have put those firehouses around the area, but the tutorial said that if I wanted to put out the fire immediately, I would have to click on the building myself. I assumed that if I didn't click on the building, it would just go up in flames. Is that not the case? Will the fire go out by itself if I leave it to the fire brigade?

[Post New]by lesleyvance501 on Jan 13, 13 12:43 AM
I played the game until the fire level and also got fed up with it, but then I read about the prefectures. I might be going overboard with it, but every third or fourth house is a prefecture in my games and I have no problems with fires. Also, I have learned to start with production (and lots of prefectures especially near the woodcutters) and get more than one trade house and keep them trading and the money comes in then pretty good too.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 13, 13 1:12 AM
Thanks for the info, Lesley. I will give the game another go, seeing that I don't have to click on a building on fire so long I have a firehouse near by. That was the only thing that put me off.

And why do there have to be so many fires? Developers always go over the top when they are adding either thieves or fires or earthquakes, etc.

The reason I like this game is because it reminds me of "Sim City", which I used to play on the Nintendo (or was it the Mega Drive? Can't remember). And I loved the game. Played it a million times. Those were the days. *sigh*

ETA: Just wanted to say that I now placed firehouses near every housing estate and wood cutters and bakers, etc, and so far didn't have a fire. So, does that mean that I don't get fires as long I place the firehouses near the buildings? Here is hoping!

Edited on 01/13/2013 at 1:47:02 AM PST

[Post New]by 27colleen on Jan 19, 13 12:12 PM
Just finished the game yipee!!!!

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jan 22, 13 11:08 AM
Yes I read all the tips on here and finished. Now I am half way through another game. Thanks for all the tips

[Post New]by puppydogtails on Jan 26, 13 4:44 AM
If the buidling is just smoking and you have the right building near by, you can watch as he/she starts toward the fire. They will put it out. If it does a 'poof' sound and becomes inflamed and he/she has already past you will have to put it out. With the new version released on Jan. 24 with improvements, you can get an army right away. Don't forget to mine ore, for armour and weapons for them. They will handle the bad guys that come into town to start the fires. The more army you have the better. The more firehouses you have placed in the correct areas works wonders to stop the fires and gives you time to do other things. But in the new version, if the army all dies, you may have to run around and put out fires to help the 'fireman' a little more. They don't stay within their mapped area, so it is important to have enough of them.

Go to: