Timed Mode

[Post New]by bonnie7000 on Jan 12, 13 7:25 PM
I finally finished level 100 today but because I do not own all the buildings I opted to replay the last epoch. I was lucky enough to buy one building I didn't own. I kept playing because I need to buy more buildings. Well I lost my three lives again and it sent me back to level 80. I lost the building I bought along with all the resources I had. I have been sent back to level 80 at least 5 times and it is very frustrating. Three lives is not enough and it takes for ever to earn a life. It looks like I will never finish the timed mode. Does any one have any suggestions that might help me?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Timed Mode

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 13, 13 9:18 AM
Hi Bonnie, it sounds like it won't let you buy all the buildings then unless you manage to amass enough resources in one repeat of the epoch to buy everything. You would have to start over under a new player in order to get all the buildings otherwise. Congrats on getting through level 100-there are only the 100 levels so you did "finish" the game even if the city isn't complete.

[Post New]by bonnie7000 on Jan 19, 13 4:36 PM
I tried this game on the timed mode a second time. I got thru level 100 again but I did not have all the buildings again. I had more than the first time but not all It sent me back to level 82 this time but it took away some of my lives I guess I was not meant to win the time mode. I will not play it for a 3rd time in the timed mode. I may play it again in the relaxed mode. Are there any games similar to this one that I can play in the relaxed mode?

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Jan 19, 13 4:55 PM
About similar games with a relaxed mode, that's probably a better question to ask in the Chat Chat Corner since there are a lot of fishies who prefer to play without a timer running and it's easier for questions of a general nature to get noticed there.

If you want to try to get the city built in relaxed, I have seen posts from others saying that they had the same problem in untimed mode as well. I haven't tried playing the relaxed mode in Cradle of Egypt so am not sure what's going on there as far as the resources are concerned. I have noticed that it really helps to get a lot of treasure chests early on (within the first 25 levels) so you can build up a lot of resources fast. To get a treasure chest you have to match the same tiles four times in a row without missing a move. Then clicking or dragging on the treasure chest will give you additional resources. I like to spend a little extra time in the early part of the game and try to get 5-10 chests on a board. You can get chests at any time in the game, it's just that as the boards get more complicated it's harder to do. Hope that helps.

NellGwyn
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by NellGwyn on Feb 1, 13 2:12 PM
Same here. I played this game 3 times and still failed to get all the buildings. It is extremely frustrating. The game itself is a lot of fun but can get very discouraging. Glad to see others are in the same boat (well, not glad but at least I'm not alone).

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Feb 1, 13 7:54 PM
Welcome to the pond, NellGwyn

If you follow the strategy in my post above this should not be an issue. I've been replaying over the last few days and bought all the buildings by level 54 in my current run through the game. it gets really hard to get treasure chests after about level 50 or 60 with the exception of a few relatively open boards late in the game. But if you work on collecting several chests per board in the first 25-30 levels you should be able to buy all the buildings by level 100, as long as you don't constantly buy time. Hope that helps.

Pretty_gamer
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Pretty_gamer on May 31, 13 12:51 AM
Well, after I saw people discussing difficulties with lives I made sure I had about 10 of them by level 54. The trick is - I collected resources when I had just 1-2 tiles left and enoughg time for that.
It helped a lot. And I got all the trophies from the second attempt. I played first in Relaxed mode and enjoyed the gaem and then got the missing trophies in Timed one.

Go to: