1812 Moscow Dancer in Bedroom Wardrobe?

[Post New]by geor1947 on Jan 13, 13 4:27 PM
I am having a problem in the Wardrobe in the Bedroom 1812 Moscow. I play the Hidden Object game in the Wardrobe and can't proceed , when I check in the strategy guide I am suppose to get a dancer in the wardrobe Hidden Objects game, but there isn't any , am I the only one?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:1812 Moscow Dancer in Bedroom Wardrobe?

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 13, 13 4:33 PM
Hi there geor1947,
If you haven't found it yet ...
click on the music box on the lower left hand side of the screen.
Cheers

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 13, 13 5:07 PM
I'm having the same problem. The Strategy Guide shows the dancer as being inside the wardrobe, but I've played that HO and didn't see either the dancer or the puzzle piece that's needed to open the door downstairs.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 13, 13 5:11 PM
I went back to the bedroom in 1812. The wardrobe is no longer available. There is no dancer or music box in the lower left corner (or any other for that matter). And there is no way to move forward.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 13, 13 5:19 PM
Hi there sonofstar,
I recollect that you visit each HOS twice in this game - at varying times.
My suggestion at this stage if you think you have completed all you can in 1812, is to check the other times/places on the time machine to see what else you can do. The green ! exclamation marks are helpful here.
I hope you manage to continue on.
Cheers

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 13, 13 6:26 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there sonofstar,
I recollect that you visit each HOS twice in this game - at varying times.
My suggestion at this stage if you think you have completed all you can in 1812, is to check the other times/places on the time machine to see what else you can do. The green ! exclamation marks are helpful here.
I hope you manage to continue on.
Cheers

There are no further green ! marks anywhere on the time machine and it keeps sending me back to 1812. No, it is truly stuck. In fact, I went and restarted the game, played all the way back through to this point, followed the Strategy Guide very carefully, saw the box but it would not open for me, there was no dancer and I'm back in the exact same spot I was in before. I can go no where.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 13, 13 6:33 PM
Blast. I didn't have the same problem and was hoping there was something else to do.
Hm, maybe time to contact CS to see if this is a programming glitch.
Sorry it doesn't seem to be working for you.

sonofstar
Herring
Herring
361 Posts

[Post New]by sonofstar on Jan 13, 13 7:32 PM
I restarted for a 2nd time. There is a trick and I have gotten past this.

You have to go after the mechanism parts in a very specific order. Open the wardrobe and play the HOS scene first. I never did get the box to open or get the dancer and I didn't even see the mechanism piece. However, once I completed the HO scene, I acquired the 1st mechanism piece. Then I went to the bed and got the second mechanism piece. From there I was able to open the other door and move forward with the game.

There is definitely a glitch since this time I got the first mechanism piece without its being part of the HO.

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 13, 13 7:43 PM
Boy, you are persistent. Don't know if I'd have the patience to try 3 times.
I'm pleased to see you managed your way around this .... though I do know that I checked the bed etc in the room before I did the HOS (always do when I play).
Maybe the SG is incorrect? I don't know as I didn't use it, but there have been anomolies or errors with the SG in other games.

I hope your work-around is good advice for others.

Good luck with the rest of the game.

Cheers

Lilly214
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by Lilly214 on Jan 14, 13 3:00 AM
I join the rest of you having this problem. Got the one part on the bed, then went to wardrobe,got the 2nd. Tried going back to bed to put 2nd part but was no longer available. No "green" areas left. Can't go any further. I hate having to restart, not a happy camper right now.

cinnix
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by cinnix on Jan 14, 13 12:15 PM
Well... dagnabit !! Count me in. So very frustrating when you get into a rhythm in the game to have to deal with coming to a complete halt. I realize it is impossible for the glitches to occur at certain times but doesnt it always seem that it happens after you are well into the game. geeez. It wouldnt be so bad if you had to restart in the first quarter of the adventure... but now, it seems like a monumental downer to have to restart the game.
I'm with you, Lilly...
Not A Happy Camper #2

[Post New]by scghou32 on Jan 14, 13 5:17 PM
Same problem here. Can't go any further. I don't usually buy collecters versions, and you can be sure I won't again.

sunnyglow
Clownfish
Clownfish
804 Posts

[Post New]by sunnyglow on Jan 14, 13 5:48 PM
Same problem. I am noticing that the latest BF games all have some type of glitch in them. This is very frustrating since they are relatively expensive at $13.99 per game. I really don't feel like restarting the game with the uncertainty that the same thing will happen. I think they create these games very quickly with very little testing. I will be wary of this dev in the future. Very infuriated at this point.

gskremser
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

[Post New]by gskremser on Jan 14, 13 6:21 PM
I, too, am having the same problem. Very frustrating! Really not happy that they'd release a game without making sure it's not glitchy like this one is! Argh!!!!!

nintendomo
Seahorse
Seahorse
30 Posts

[Post New]by nintendomo on Jan 14, 13 7:54 PM
Same problem here. Only 1/2 of the medallion, no green exclamation marks. Can't do anything. My objectives only have to explore Moscow. I am joining the Unhappy Camper Club. Seems like all the games lately have major glitches.....

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 14, 13 8:04 PM
Hm, I didn't have a problem with this and I KNOW I found the first piece on the bed, along with the tie for the wardrobe/window before I played the HOS.
However, I am not sure that I obtained the second piece in the first HOS in the wardrobe as you do visit the HOS there twice. I suspect I toyed with the chessboard, and chicaned outside and checked out the yard before I returned.
If this is a programming fault, please check out the Technical Problems post to see if there is a solution, run a Dr Felix report and send your results to CS.
I am out of ideas.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 15, 13 2:37 PM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in here and let you know that it does look like the issue with the dancer was a glitch with the game. But the good news is we've just released an updated version that should get everything fixed!

You can read about how to get the PC version here and about the Mac version here.

If you continue to have trouble even after getting the update, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can see what else might be going on.

I'm also going to go ahead and lock this thread now, since we like to keep posts about tech issues over in the main thread here. If you run into any other tech trouble, please let us know over there.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: