bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 14, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

workers won't work

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Jan 14, 13 10:55 AM
Has anyone had the problem of workers not building the sawmill when you have enough wood? I'm on level 24 and had to uninstall the game. I had 15 pieces of wood and the workers would run right past the saw mill. After the reinstall I managed to build the saw mill but now they won't go in it to make wood. They just run past into their hut. Can someone please help.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:Post any The Tribloos 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 11:19 AM
I hope BFG support don't mind me posting here:

CoordinationNOT, I'm sorry you're having problems with the worker re-alloaction side of the game. I'm pretty sure the issue you came across should not have required a re-installation of the game however.

Can I confirm exactly what happened here - you say that the workers ran right past the sawmill? Did they return to the hut? Could they be assigned to the sawmill job afterwards?

With your experience after the reinstall, again would they go back once they returned to the hut?

I know there are two levels where the path-finding has a little more difficulty (mainly to keep it running quickly!) and sometimes workers need to return home before they will attempt certain other jobs.

Any further information on this would really help (not wanting to step on BFG support's toes here!)

monster2
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by monster2 on Jan 14, 13 12:42 PM
I downloaded the game but it has been activating for about 15 mins now and I can't play it or delete it or anything. It still says it's activating.

Edit: It finally said my trial had ended so I just bought it because I love the building games and the reviews were great. Hope I like it (ha, ha).

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 1:03:16 PM PST

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 1:23 PM
Hello Monster2,
I can't comment on the activating issue (I would definitely recommend contacting BFG Support directly about this in case it happens with another game!)

However I do hope you enjoy the game! Please come back and share your thoughts on it when you've had a go, I'd love to hear how you got on!

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Jan 15, 13 7:42 AM
Thank you Aymes. Your confirmation is correct. When I click on the saw mill the numbers count up, the workers run by, the sawmill counts down, the workers do not enter the saw mill and return to their hut. I can resend them to the sawmill but it is the same thing all over again. I have not been able to get past this issue.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 7:53 AM
Hello CoordinationNOT, thanks for the reply!

It's quite hard to communicate what I believe is happening without the aid of a video or pictures but...Level 24?...I've only just realized where that is in the game!...

[SPOILER ALERT]

Is there any chance they've been hit by steam coming from one of the pipes?

This would cause them to go home straight away rather than go to the sawmill...mainly because they've been burnt and need a rest!

You can tell if they've been burnt as red steam will be coming off them as they're running.

Please let me know.

[/END SPOILER]

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 15, 13 10:15 AM
Hey there Fishies,

It sounds like this is a fun game so far, I'll have to check it out!

For those of you experiencing technical issues it would be a huge help if you would please contact Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

CoordinationNOT: Since this thread is specifically for technical issues with the game, please go ahead and create a new discussion from the main Forum page for the game here. Other helpful Fishies like aymes will be able to find and help you more easily with those questions!

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

elijah5
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,225 Posts

[Post New]by elijah5 on Jan 15, 13 10:20 AM
monster2 wrote:I downloaded the game but it has been activating for about 15 mins now and I can't play it or delete it or anything. It still says it's activating.

Edit: It finally said my trial had ended so I just bought it because I love the building games and the reviews were great. Hope I like it (ha, ha).

Hi monster2,
Mine did the same thing, but what I did was hit the pause button, waited a few seconds and then unpaused it, once I done this, it finished installing without a hitch. Hope this helps. It is a great game.

s65roses
Seahorse
Seahorse
28 Posts

[Post New]by s65roses on Jan 15, 13 11:44 AM
My game has frozen twice. As soon as I get a visual of the "exception error" that comes up again, I will post that right away. I apologize, but I managed to click past it twice without even thinking of posting the problem here.

Still in the trial phase, but will be buying!

Edit: Okay, the exception came up again just now, and it is a Windows Exception that simply says "EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION" and after clicking on it, it shuts the game down.

Edited on 01/15/2013 at 11:45:54 AM PST

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 15, 13 12:02 PM
Hi s65roses,

I'm sorry to hear that's happening! Access violations can have a couple causes, but our help article here has some tips on getting past that:

Access Violation

If those tips aren't helping, you can let our Tech Support Team know what's happening and they can work with you on finding a solution.

Hopefully that helps and you can get back to gaming quickly!

bfgSeine

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 15, 13 12:04 PM
Hello s65roses, thanks for trying the game! Unfortunately I would have to ask too many questions to help with this one and would completely step on bfg support's toes! Definitely recommend you talk to them first about this one.

[Post New]by CoordinationNOT on Jan 15, 13 7:59 PM
Yes they were Thank you for the tip. I've been able to get past the level and enjoy the game.

Thank you very much!!

AliKat611
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by AliKat611 on Jan 15, 13 8:17 PM
Not all of my achievements are showing up. I've baked more than 10 loaves of bread, but it hasn't given me that flag. It hasn't given me the flag for fixing 10 pipes either. It did finally give me the one for clearing scrap piles although I had cleared a lot more than what it required. And so far it's frozen up on me twice.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 16, 13 1:56 AM
Hi AliKat611,

I am sorry that the game is not registering your achievements for you.

As it sounds like the game may not be functioning as it should, my best suggestion would be to first check if there is any updates you can run to help you game perform more smoothly.

The help article here will help you do that.

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to matters.

However, if the issues persist or you would like some help with that process, please feel free to contact our Tech Support by clicking on the green to the right of the page. Those folks will be glad to help an offer more specific advice.

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 1:56:58 AM PST

khandersuk
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by khandersuk on Jan 18, 13 11:10 AM
Three times now I get a fault message which seems to reboot the game. It starts me back at the beginning, where I have to re-enter my name as if I had not been playing already. I did manage to get to the end and was going back playing the challenges and trying to get two stars, but this was only the first time. After that, I can only play partially through the first world when it crashes and starts me over again.

The fault message reads:

Error: Access violation at 0x4FE7726B (tried to write to 0x01CE4500), program terminated

How can I fix this?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 18, 13 11:32 AM
Hey khandersuk,

I know how frustrating those Access Violation messages can be, especially when the game starts over from the beginning.

Since there seem to be a few issues happening, I would definitely write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll be able to take a deeper look and help figure out how to get the game back up and running!

Just click here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by Dillinger1 on Jan 19, 13 5:40 AM
I'm running Windows 7 Home Edition and I can not get past putting my name in. When I type in my name and hit the check mark the game does nothing. I'm stuck there. The only way I can get out of that screen is ctrl,alt, delete. It shows that I'm down to 50 minutes of playing time left. Can you help, I would really like to give this game a try.

BabyNurse123
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by BabyNurse123 on Jan 19, 13 7:59 AM
It downloaded fine, but after I enter my name it freezes. Ive had to shut the computer down completely, twice. Anyone else has this issue? Thank you.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 19, 13 9:39 AM
Hey Dillinger1 and BabyNurse123,

It sounds like you both are running into a similar freezing issue after entering your name!

Not to worry, there are a few steps to try that may help! First, please make sure that your system has the most up-to-date video card driver, as this helps the game to run. Also, running the game as an administrator may help as well, as it makes sure the game has access to the needed files to play. (Just click on the blue text for instructions!)

If those steps don't help or if you'd like some more specific steps, please be sure to write into Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They're great, and will work with you one-on-one to help get that resolved!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

I hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Go to: