bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Reviews for The Tribloos 2

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 14, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of The Tribloos 2? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the The Tribloos 2 page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBiwa

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Reviews for The Tribloos 2

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 14, 13 12:35 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBiwa

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 13 1:59 AM
Morning, all...

So, hmmm... when I first had a look at the screenshots I thought: oh no, not another kiddie game. But then I looked at the video and saw that it was a building game.

So I downloaded the demo, and to my surprise, I enjoyed the few levels I played so far.

You are in the woods, and wood is your main building material (for the time being, anyway. Don't know whether other materials will be added later on). You build houses, and sawmills, and later on windmills to make flour, so you can bake bread, etc.

This is a really cute builders game, and there is no time limit. You can win gold stars or silver or bronze for being quick, and you can win achievements, but there is no rush. You can take as long as you like to play each level.

Off to get it.

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 14, 13 4:51 AM
so last year there was this awesome little gem released as a soft release called "The Tribloo,s" it was a awesome fun long addicting builder TM,,

well, at another forum i belong too,, the devs Andy and Rich, (cant mention the company name) have been working very closely with us,, finding out what people like and dislike in a builder tm,,,,,they are really awesome

75 Normal levels in the "campaign"
5 Bonus levels (one at the end of each area as before)
15 Challenge Levels -

i was able to play the full game while in beta, ,, and man is it good,,,,you can chain tasks, add or remove workers, timer is only for medaling,,you can continue after timer runs out,,,,,the story is deeper...the Tribloo,s adorable, ..there is even a screen grab for each level, (some people play challanges , and this feature lets you show your scores,

the game is quite long, the challange levels very fun

Builder lovers are in for a treat,,,,,and now that its released you all are in for a treat,,,wtg Andy, and Rich, and congrats on getting tgt, instead of a soft release

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 5:21:24 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 14, 13 6:09 AM
Good morning everyone Honey Hush ! The cute little fuzzy blue dudes are back and better than ever can I get a AMEN ! I was sooooooooooooo excited to see this little gem when I signed on this morning I thought I was gonna have to call 911 cause my heart almost jumped out of my chest. I absolutely loved the first one and have been waiting for this one to make an appearance and finally here it is YEE-HAW !

This is the cutest and one of the most fun games I've ever played. I love the way the game is set up to play almost like a platform game but it is far from a platform game it is one heck of a building game that is fun and challenging but not to the point you can't make it through each level although you may have to do some planning but have no fear this game is full of fun.

The graphics are just adorable the little guys are so cute and the houses are and buildings are just as cute and I love the umbrellas. There is so much color and so much life in this game it's just an amazing little builder game for any builder lover and yes I have already bought it there is no way I was gonna pass this one up. It's just as fun if not funnier than the first and there have been some changes the art work is so cute and well done and these little dudes just hustle all over the place I love watching them run around and climb the ladders and each house you build you add to your workers so things can get done much quicker.

There are achievements you can win and there is no timer so your not in a frenzy to beat the clock although if you want you can replay the level you are awarded with bonus time gold, silver or bronze but your building and task are not timed and you can keep rolling even if the bonus clock runs out and you can replay the level if you so wish. This game is super fun and way too cute to pass up and if you loved the first one your gonna love this one I know I do and I know exactly how I'm spending my day that's right with the Tribloos on their island having me some serious building fun ! So I'll just run down my check list here got my trusty hammer, some nails, a wrench or two, and my hard hat oh yeah I'm in business and I'm off to hammer heaven with the Tribloos ! Give the demo a try it's so worth it ! Thank you Bumpkin Brothers you've done it again and please keep'em coming we love them and you did a great job so thank you and thank you Big Fish for another building adventure. Have fun everybody !

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 14, 13 9:17 AM
Hey! ...Kudo's out to this first page of those that are excellent reviews...I to passed up the first game as I thought it was an 'arcade' game without even trying although listed in TM genre!...Big "BOO BOO" on my part! This time it was front and center as the TGT! WooooWhooo!

Did try it and did review on game page and did a post to the dev's...and said 'thx' to BFG for offering such a really really really 'fun' game!

Valdy and GMAC made be even 'laugh' more with the explanations (sp?) and sealed the deal on me purchasing!
ClassyDash...long time no see! but got a 'giggle' ... I believe u made me believe it is 'CUTE' in a good way?
Bella...always I agree sometimes those 'soft release' games are truly GEMS! but it had the #1 spot today! Yeah!

O! My! ....gotta go!...a new TM adventure is looking for my 'hot key' which is BUY!

Thanks dev's and BFG

Lets...

barbiecats2000
Catfish
Catfish
1,668 Posts

[Post New]by barbiecats2000 on Jan 14, 13 12:31 PM
While I do find this a cute game and will probably buy, I'm having a really difficult time trying to get the gold starting after the 2nd level I think. I've play the next four levels over and over but can't do better than bronze and I've tried it all the different ways I can think of.

I'm pretty good at TM games but this clock is not very generous. I'm going to play on for now and see how it goes until trial runs out - about 18 more min. The game is not at all difficult to play but my little blue guys can only run so fast.

Is any one else having the same issue getting gold?

Edit after finishing trial:

Still don't care for the short clock to get gold. This small thing helps us feel better that we're playing a game instead of working.

What I do like about this game other than the things already mentioned (no need to repeat) - I like the instructions before each level thus far and I like the fact that you can look over the screen/situation before the clock starts.

This is a very cute game and a buy for me. I've decided to just enjoy and "Try" not to worry that I simply cannot get gold.

BTW - Never knew there was a 1st one. Will have to check that out.

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 1:22:50 PM PST

[Post New]by CasualGamePlayer on Jan 14, 13 2:45 PM
This is such a fun Builder/TM game. I loved the first Tribloo that came out last year and I think it was a great and very underated game and am happy they made another one!
Anyone unsure of Building/TM games this is a great one to start with as the instructions were clear and no timer so for those who like to go at a more relaxed pace you can. The gold levels are a challange but not impossibly so and the Tribloos are so cute and hardworking.
There seems to be loads of levels, I think someone mentioned over 70? Fabulous! Usually we are lucky to have 40 levels so what a treat, it bodes well for lots of fun.
All I can say is I have bought it and am enjoying it so much and can't recommend it highly enough.Am tired from working all day but this is just too fun. Also I am writing a review for the front page as well as I hope this game won't be overlooked- and BF will continue to bring out more of these kind of games. I love hidden object/adventure games but I love variety too.

debraljensen
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by debraljensen on Jan 14, 13 2:47 PM
I like this game. It is fun. Good graphics

DMH5321
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by DMH5321 on Jan 14, 13 6:28 PM
This is a very cute and challenging game. Even if you are not interested in gaining all gold, you will not coast through bronze. You will be challenged to figure out how to proceed to have all your resources needed to even make it through the level. I restarted Level 11 many times before I worked out the strategy needed. Kudos developers for creating a game that is a challenge for many different types of players. Fight for the gold or the silver or use your brain to make the best use of your resources,

[Post New]by BookfreakBethi on Jan 14, 13 9:32 PM
I just posted my first review ever. I gave Tribloos 2 of course! Since it's my first, I don't know how long till it posts, but this is what I said:

Try it, I bet you'll be HOOKED!

It was difficult to stop playing this game long enough to write this review! Tribloos 2 is fun and addictive, and it is obvious a lot of time and love went into the making of this game. Gameplay is smooth, and you can race the timer, or relax and just enjoy the cute graphics. People are always asking for something different from BFG, well here you go! Even if you are not normally a fan of builder or time management games, you owe it to yourself to give this one a try. Big thanks to the devs for an awesome game, and to BFG for bringing it to us!

Like Bella said in her review, if you like it, you need to post a star review, and let BFG know we want more games of this type!

I liked the first Tribloos, but I really missed some nice graphics. Hats off to the devs, for such a big improvement. GREAT JOB GUYS!

lym_1609
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
431 Posts

[Post New]by lym_1609 on Jan 15, 13 6:01 AM
2x the fun, just as good graphics and animation, just as cute tribloos, and not easy to score gold. Was hoping for easy or no timer mode. Seriously need a walkthrough as I have tried some levels 4x and still cant get gold

Edited on 01/15/2013 at 6:01:54 AM PST

[Post New]by TopazMystique on Jan 15, 13 7:45 AM
barbiecats2000 wrote:While I do find this a cute game and will probably buy, I'm having a really difficult time trying to get the gold starting after the 2nd level I think. I've play the next four levels over and over but can't do better than bronze and I've tried it all the different ways I can think of.

I'm pretty good at TM games but this clock is not very generous. I'm going to play on for now and see how it goes until trial runs out - about 18 more min. The game is not at all difficult to play but my little blue guys can only run so fast.

Is any one else having the same issue getting gold?

I'm right there with you on the short clock, barbiecats2000! Although I'm not great at TM games, I still buy ones that are fun for me. I have learned to NOT replay levels in a demo because it seems that a LOT of TM games make the first levels easier and then radically ramp them up later in the game.

Although I found the timer inconsistent in 1 (maybe it was just me or my logic), I was able to get gold on 8 of the first 14 levels & silver in levels 3,4,5,7,12, & 13 on the first try. Normally in TM games, the levels get harder as I go along... not sporadic like this.

But there were some other things that I really didn't care for in 2 after demoing both games.

I usually demo games for 40 minutes and reserve the last 20 to use later on when I am ready to buy the game to make sure my tastes haven't changed in the meantime. I have found in the past that I sometimes got swayed by "popular opinion" and bought games that I regretted later. With these 2, I didn't want to quit at 40 minutes for 1 but only made it through 15 minutes in 2 (1 gold, 1 silver & 1 bronze in that order). Maybe trying them both at the same time was the wrong way to go.

Aside from the short timer, what I didn't like about 2 compared to 1:

1. Although the background graphics in 1 seemed more simplistic than 2, I think the other graphics were more detailed... buildings, Tribloos, etc.
2. The thick font in 2 made it seem like Trey was "shouting" at me even though it wasn't in caps.
3. The dark colors of the Tribloos seemed more like splotches of color rather than little animals.
4. I much prefer the bubbles above the houses for the number of Tribloos that can work on any given project rather than the x/y format. Bubbles are much easier to take in at a glance.

I am pretty sure I will get 1 but probably not 2. Just not as much fun for me as 1.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 15, 13 11:42 AM
The little blue folks are back! I am a diehard Tribloos fan, having replayed T1 many many times. T2 has superior graphics and many new types of buildings and obstacles. These new challenges mean that figuring out the correct strategy before you click to start the timer is more important than ever.

Just the word "timer" can turn me off if it means I cannot advance in a game or relax enough to have fun. No such worries with T2! It does not cut you off or force you to replay levels in order to advance through the game. It is purely a means of determining Gold, Silver, or Bronze.

I love strategy/builders/TM games which feature this type of non-lethal timer. That way any pressure I feel to replay to achieve all Gold is purely self-inflicted. I do agree it was easier to get Gold on most levels in T1, but I'm looking forward to these new challenges.

Plus, this is a totally non-clicky type of game. Much more strategy than speedy clicking. Thank you for that!

Bought it. Mouse hand taking it pretty easy, got my Thinking Cap on. Away I go with T2.

Edited on 01/15/2013 at 12:30:29 PM PST

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Jan 15, 13 12:41 PM
I mistakenly left my review for this game on the original Tribloos thread (oops!) so here it is again:

I don't usually care for the "tell your people to run around and build things" games, but this game is SOOO cute that I've been seduced by the little blue guys into buying it! And also about a million thanks to aymes for posting the strategy guides to the levels (for Tribloos, although there may be guides for this game too). I'm going to play through first on my own, and see if I get any better with practice, and then I'll go back and see what I should have done in the first place. This is an absolutely delightful little game!

Because this one was so much fun I went back and got The Tribloos too. I can't get over how much FUN they are!

Koalanut
Marlin
Marlin
8,777 Posts

[Post New]by Koalanut on Jan 15, 13 6:45 PM
Got to finally sit down tonight and try this game. What a fun game! I got a few gold, but I really don't do timers, so forget the timer, I am having fun just figuring out the stradegy to finishing the level. It's a buy for me, congrats to the developers of this game on a fun builder!

mtvoyager
Herring
Herring
318 Posts

[Post New]by mtvoyager on Jan 16, 13 10:42 AM
I played for 20 minutes and thought it was a bit simplistic, and although I really love builder games better than all the other kind, I thought that maybe I would pass on this one. But the reviews are so good that I think I should give it another chance.

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 16, 13 12:46 PM
I really enjoy builder games, and although I'm a slow clicker I have been able to complete gold on every level of all the Farm Frenzy Games, all Build-a-Lots, both Royal Envoys, all the MKFTP, all Roads to Rome, all Island Tribe. I'm not setting any time records, and I'm not necessarily doing the most difficult mode, but I am able to eventually get gold on every level in some mode. (Some of you who who know me have seen my posts for slower clickers in some of those other game forums.)

I've tried both Tribloos games, and like Barbiecats I like everything about them except the time set for the gold medals. It's clear from reading some of the posted walkthroughs from the first one that I just don't click fast enough to ever get gold on most of the levels after the first two. And Tribloos 2 has the same issue for me. I can get Silver on level 3, but not gold. Silver is easy. Gold is impossible.

So I'm forced to conclude these were just timed for faster clickers. I appreciate the fact that you can continue to work on a level after the timer runs down, but in other games I used that option to test strategies and learn more about the level. Then I went back and eventually got gold. Never being able to get gold even on an "easy" level is just too frustrating.

So I'm giving both of these a miss. I suggest the developers do like Roads of Rome and offer different modes, like Easy, Normal, and Hard. In most cases the only difference is the amount of time you get. But it does mean even a slow clicker can get all gold at least on the easy or normal modes, and those who want a harder challenge can go for all gold on the Hard mode. If you offered an option where I could eventually get gold, even if it meant I had to replay a level several times to learn the optimum strategy, I'd buy both these games.

Robin

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 12:47:41 PM PST

wxman77477
Clownfish
Clownfish
557 Posts

[Post New]by wxman77477 on Jan 20, 13 4:32 AM
Great Game!!! Some of the levels very demanding (Challenge Level 5 just about broke my finger), some of the levels require very specific logic, and all levels fun.

One of these every week would be great. More TMs, less HOGs I say.

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 4:33:07 AM PST

[Post New]by camisinsanity on Jan 20, 13 9:42 AM
I'm loving the game. Its very cute. Family friendly my son loves to watch. I love that you can get rewards without getting gold since my daughter loves. I've been staying up late to get gold. Very challenging but still so fun and addictive. Thanks for the great game.

Go to: