aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Any Questions - Ask the developer (that's me!)

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 2:16 AM
Hello everyone, thanks for visiting the forums for our latest release.

If you have any questions or comments at all about the game please let me know and I will do my very best to answer!

Hope you enjoy it.

-Andy

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 12:23:35 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:Any Questions - Ask the developer (that's me!)

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 13 2:24 AM
Hello Andy, and welcome to the Pond...

This is a really nice builder game.

There are a few spelling mistakes in the speech bubbles, but the game itself is a lot of fun to play.

Valdy

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 2:29 AM
Ooh, spelling mistakes? Ooops! Have you got a quick example I can check? Wondering how they got in there, I was sure we'd done a spell check

Glad you like the game Valdy! Thanks for the feedback

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 2:30:40 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 13 2:34 AM
Sorry, Andy, can't quite remember. But those were pretty much right at the beginning of the game. One word had an i in it that should have been an r. And some of the words start with a capital letter (in the middle of a sentence). Nothing major though.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 2:36 AM
No problem at all! I was just curious, might be able to submit a fix for these soon

Thanks again for the feedback, if you have any other comments please let me know.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 13 2:43 AM
OK, I just went back into the game and started with a new profile. It was in the tutorial: One of the speech bubbles said:

Great! Each house repaied gives you 5 more workers.

That's what it was: the word "repaired" is missing an r. And a lot of words in the tutorial have capital letters, but as I said, nothing major.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 2:50 AM
Ah Brilliant, thanks for that Valdy. It explains a lot as I did the tutorial text after I sent it to my writer friend for a check.

Hopefully you shouldn't find anything after the tutorial, but I'll get the rest re-checked just in case

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 3:02 AM
Valdy, just read your review - thank you so much for that!

Thought it worth adding a bit of info about the other resources:

- There are many resources in Tribloos 2. They're mostly specific to the area you're playing in although Wood is pretty much a constant there is also rock and tools (as before) as well as rope, balloons and many more (don't want to give too much away!)

As usual all are explained as you go, but you won't have seen all of the resources until you hit (about) level 62 (from memory anyway)

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 14, 13 4:53 AM
hi guys,
nice to see you, congrats on your new game,, remember builder lovers,, do a star review if you have time, so BFG can see how many people are getting hooked on them..

awesome that T2 is out.....

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 14, 13 5:11 AM
aymes wrote:Valdy, just read your review - thank you so much for that!

Thought it worth adding a bit of info about the other resources:

- There are many resources in Tribloos 2. They're mostly specific to the area you're playing in although Wood is pretty much a constant there is also rock and tools (as before) as well as rope, balloons and many more (don't want to give too much away!)

As usual all are explained as you go, but you won't have seen all of the resources until you hit (about) level 62 (from memory anyway)

Thank you very much for that extra info, Andy. Those other resources are something to look forward to.

Oh, and I added my review (with the little extra info on other materials) on the main game page as well.

Edited on 01/14/2013 at 5:18:19 AM PST

gmac1007
Clownfish
Clownfish
569 Posts

[Post New]by gmac1007 on Jan 14, 13 6:17 AM
Hi aymes I just wanted to pop in and say THANK YOU ! for another awesome game. I absolutely loved the first one and I'm loving this one as well. You guys did a awesome job and I was so excited when I saw it this morning I was just at your site the other night trying to find out when it was coming and signed up for your newsletter so you can imagine how excited I was to come here this morning and see that it had finally arrived. Already bought it there is no way I was gonna pass this up it's just as fun if not funnier than the first and you guys should stand up and take a bow ! Job well done you deserve all the praise and support you get you've more than deserved it ! Please keep them coming these are great games and just off the chart fun so please keep bringing them to us. Awesome job guys and thank you so much !

jinocchio49
Flounder
Flounder
2,255 Posts

[Post New]by jinocchio49 on Jan 14, 13 6:40 AM
Hello aymes! I just want to say thanks for a really fun game! I just love them little blue fellas! I am so much enjoying sending them on their many tasks and keeping
'em jumping (so to speak). I so love the fact that the game is not timed. I got gold on a couple of levels, then fell to bronze, which is where I am now. These old fingers just can't move like they used to, so the game is truly user friendly. Keep 'em coming, aymes, and I'll keep playing!

Jin

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 6:44 AM
gmac, just what can I say? Such touching words to a budding game developer as myself. I'm actually near speechless. Thank you so much for your review and comments, it all means such a lot to us

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 6:46 AM
jinocchio, really pleased that you enjoyed the game! (I'll try to include jumping next time!) Thanks especially for the time-based comment, it's something I really believe in for Tribloos Really hope you continue to enjoy it!

bella81762
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,424 Posts

[Post New]by bella81762 on Jan 14, 13 7:20 AM
well even with ie problem my star review went thru....., again...awesome game, and awesome devs...

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jan 14, 13 8:14 AM
Great little game but why does the timer go so very quickly? I always like to try for gold on these games but most are not possible. This is certainly a very different game to the other types of builders and it is a great game to play. I am enjoying very much especially as I have not seen the 1st edition. All I can say is that if the gamers can only comment on your spelling then you have a winner. Well done.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 8:33 AM
Hello niviem, thanks for the comment! The timer will move at different speeds for each level. As there is no actual time restriction on finishing a level I wanted to pose a bit of a challenge to achieve Gold.

Something I have started working on is a guide to the game which is planned to help you achieve gold on each level. I should have the first part of this posted tonight.

I hope you enjoy the rest of the game, thanks for giving it a go!

letsdoit
Shark
Shark
10,483 Posts

[Post New]by letsdoit on Jan 14, 13 9:04 AM
AYMES....Hey! I just did demo and am hooked!

The first game (sorry not sure what year it came out!)... I just took a look at the screenshots, thought 'Oh another arcade game?' (am not good at those) and thought again that is was in the wrong genre under TM!...Yes! without even trying!...duh!

Well after being a member + gamer for three years I have developed a more 'look and see and try' routine...so glad that stuck in my routine...its does unlock a lot of games to my purchasing and this game now is a great surprise and so glad I did the 'try it'!...Gotta go get it because am 'smiling' all the way!

Luv your dev name! ...and thanks Aymes and all who developed this game...and thanks to BFG for offering it to the gaming site!

signed with + ... Lets...

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 14, 13 9:24 AM
Hey letsdoit, thanks for trying it out, glad to have hooked you!

I think the previous game's graphical style didn't help too much (I drew it all!) But I used everything I earned from the first game (well, about 95%!) into paying a really good artist to help with this one to reduce the "arcade" look to it. Someone even compared the first game to...Donkey Kong :o Not sure if I should have been flattered or not!

Anyway, really great to hear that you enjoyed it, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 14, 13 12:23 PM
Hi Andy,

Thanks for jumping in to the Pond and spending some time with our Fishies.

I'm going to add a sticky to this thread now so it will stay near the top of this Forum to make it easy for everyone to find.

Hope you all are enjoying the game and this conversation with its developer!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: