kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

Side Quests / Jobs

[Post New]by kayette on Jan 15, 13 11:00 AM
I haven't done all of the jobs I see posted but for anyone struggling to get equipment at the early stages, I recommend you try doing some. One reward is a nice mithrill sword! When you explore each area a little you run into all sorts of opportunities!
What other rewards have people found?

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Re:Side Quests / Jobs

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 15, 13 9:33 PM
I've found that quest but the flower shop doesn't offer to sell me flowers. I can't pick them up either. NeNe (girlfriend maid) just says "hm mm mm" when I visit her.
I wonder what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 15, 13 9:36 PM
Oh, The only rewards I've found otherwise is cash for jobs. The fence, the chickens, the caravans, helping the Oasis grandparents (very little money), and, of course, the slow grind of working with the boards in old dock. You do get $25 to deliver mail, also.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jan 16, 13 5:42 AM
I bought a teddy bear from an Old Man in a shop in the snow area for the maid.

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 16, 13 8:12 AM
Great idea! Thanks for reminding me about the Teddy!!! I'll try that.

korialib
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by korialib on Jan 16, 13 9:53 AM
I have built the fence, spoken to David and he has asked me to catch the chickens, how do I get to the other side of the fence? i am stuck in the fenced area.

ganonsbane
Catfish
Catfish
1,595 Posts

[Post New]by ganonsbane on Jan 16, 13 9:56 AM
Stand just south of david & go though the house. You have to press enter to open the door.

HTH

korialib
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by korialib on Jan 16, 13 10:02 AM
thanks for that I was getting a bit annoyed with this bit

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 16, 13 11:15 AM
I got the mitril sword but I didn't need it because I'd already worked the boards long enough to buy the dragon & hero swords. If you don't need the mitril sword, it is worth $$$.

After your defense is built up enough, fighting the assassin gets you 50 exp. & $50. If you don't have good defense, he'll kill you quick. So, you got to do the dreaded boards at Old Dock!

The quest of the little old lady with the four sons get's you $100. That was kind of fun finding out just who those sons were.

Training room #5 at the academy helps build up your experience so you can take on the tougher enemies. That's on the snowy land area that has the airship - Xile, I think the island is called. You get there from the Oasis.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jan 17, 13 8:08 PM
So far the caravan guard job seems to make the most money, $250.00 plus $44.00 drops from each of the two groups. Doesn't take long with a group of four that have some armor and weapons. Zahra with two good weapons does pretty incredible amounts of damage on average.
Add: I'd rather take the mail back and forth between the two towns for $25 a trip than spend all that time making benches at the start! I have found another good piece of armor that you can find somewhere in Freeport after you disguise yourself and before you get on the ship.

Edited on 01/19/2013 at 10:56:07 AM PST

Go to: