bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Reviews for Between the Worlds III

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 16, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Between the Worlds III ? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Between the Worlds III page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Reviews for Between the Worlds III

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 16, 13 12:37 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgBaikal

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 16, 13 1:35 AM
I love this series! Now...I know many will not agree with me and that's o.k. Differences are what makes the world so amazing and colorful! Yes...the objects are small and hard to see. Yes...it can be a very confusing game to navigate. Yes...there are No voiceovers.

This is not a typical hog game. It's more of an adventure puzzle type game with hog scenes. I just think in "Between the Worlds 2 & 3" has some of the best graphics and animations. In "Between the Worlds 1" the graphics and animations are more cartoon like in charactor. But 2 & 3 are so beautiful and amazing to play. I love the storyline! It's different from any other games. If your not familer with this series...try it before you buy it. But if your a fan like myself...it's a buy with no questions. Great job to the developers! Keep up the good work and give us more great games like this. Thank . Enjoy!

Yes: Widescreen
No: Voiceovers
Yes: Hog Scenes
Yes: Custom Cursor
Yes: Task Manager
Sound/Music
Modes of Play: Casual/Hard
Theme: Mystical Magical Puzzle Adventure Journey

I rate thsi game: “FINE SWINE”
Great game! Best graphics and storyline. All the bells and whistles! The best and greatest of games! I love it!
‘ ‘
(o)

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 16, 13 3:26 AM
I agree wholeheartedly with MissLisa. This series is awesome! I loved 1&2 and so glad to see 3 here. I love these devs, they're super! I remember this team saying we as the players know more about this genre then they. To me not so. Yes, this in the Hidden Object Game classification/genre, but the way this team does it, they could have a different type of a H0G genre. Totally different from anyone else. Maybe at least demo it and maybe see for yourself if you like it.

Story: We are on a quest to save a magical world so the inhabitants can live free once again.

Graphics: Gorgeous. I just stop to look at the different things. Superbly done.

Music: Gorgeous. I totally love their music. Not only does it fit the game, but it's upbeat and to me something I love listening to.

Mini games: Not hard or easy just right.

Hint system: I rarely use it so ahem can't really say much.

Kudos again to this team on a job extremely well done!

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 16, 13 3:42 AM
This game doesn't measure up at all to the previous entry in the series.

Unfortunately, it looks quite old. Probably isn't, but sure looks that way. Graphics have a foggy look to them, lack sharpness, and colors are bland.

HOS feature very tiny objects with no pay-off to them. You don't collect anything to use later----you're just doing it to gather "strength". Then you sometimes have to gather objects in the main scene with no idea why.

The story is not well presented----just drop in and start hunting.

The puzzles are either overly difficult or overly simple.

But the biggest drawback is the length of the game----VERY, VERY SHORT. Some have finished the game in less than the demo time. Not good. I usually prefer quality over quantity, but this is ridiculous. And unfortunately, this game has neither quality or quantity. Quite substandard.

Edited on 01/16/2013 at 6:09:21 AM PST

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 16, 13 4:41 AM
sassylassie wrote:I agree wholeheartedly with MissLisa.

Sassylassie:
I'm glad we agree on this great game. I just love this series. I hope more people give this series a chance. I think it's great! I look forward to more games from these developers. It's such a breath a fresh air for a change. It's nice NOT to see a haunted house or a lost loved or a ghostly theme.

[Post New]by jacnlyn on Jan 16, 13 4:42 AM
I ENJOYED THIS GAME SO MUCH AFTER AN HOUR TRIAL I BOUGHT IT ONLY TO FIND OUT 3 MINUTES LATER I HAD COMPLETED IT !!!!

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 16, 13 5:23 AM
Hi there LoveToMissLisa and SassyLassie,
Whilst I agree in general that the graphics etc were OK, and enjoyed the previous games in this series, this one is a BIG disappointment in regarding its length.
Not what we would expect of a game offered here in this regards.
Jaclyn, I had the same experience.
Wish there was a Technical Thread about short game play.
Hmph

pegrass1
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by pegrass1 on Jan 16, 13 5:41 AM
I think I had 2 mins left AFTER i bought this game. WOW what a ripoff. Wasted a free game credit. Although after all the problems I have had lately I should have known.

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 16, 13 7:55 AM
i enjoyed this game but i completed it with 14 mins to spare!!!!

Qismet
Minnow
Minnow
206 Posts

[Post New]by Qismet on Jan 16, 13 9:06 AM
I finished the entire game with 9 minutes to spare. I am what I would call a very average gamer. I freely admit that I skipped the puzzles as soon as possible, but that is standard for me on a demo because I want to find out more what the game is about in the time allowed. Also in these particular puzzles there was absolutely nothing new to puzzle about.

LovetoMissLisa --- your review of this game really surprises me because we usually see eye to eye on games but on this particular one we will have to agree to disagree.
Would like to know if your review was based more on your previous experience with this game series and a brief looky loo at the game? Guess what I am asking is do you feel the same about the game after completing it?

Summing up, this game is extremely short, and although the graphics are pretty good, the story line never really grabbed me. The game seemed to lack any real focus or purpose. I personally would feel ripped off if I paid for this game in any way even if it was a free credit or a DD purchase.

Q

sandthda
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by sandthda on Jan 16, 13 9:24 AM
Not really sure what the other reviewers were talking about but this game was ridiculous - SO glad I didn't waste a credit on this one - finished it with time to spare on demo - YIKES - understand that there's a major difference between collectors editions and regular games these days but that was CRAZY. BFG shame on you for offering this up and I hope you reimburse ANYONE who purchased this game and then finished 2 mins after the demo!!!

minesita
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,975 Posts

[Post New]by minesita on Jan 16, 13 10:24 AM
OK, it is true, veryyyyyyy.... short game!!! .
I finished the demo in casual, I'm not a expert player, and I have 3 scepters, and on my way to have the 4th. one ( I was doing a HOS looking at the last scepter).
Only I skipped some minigames, because I didn't like overall the complete game.
Gingergal, after you finish, I guess you'll be very dissapoint . I know you are a very skillful player !
For people who like it, enjoy !

MEnr56
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,984 Posts

[Post New]by MEnr56 on Jan 16, 13 11:28 AM

WOW, this game has put everyone at either ends of the spectrum -- either hated it or loved it; I don't think that there's even a middle opinion on this game.

Personally, with this game appearing to be too short even for average gamers (like myself) and only 2 out of 16 game reviewers on the title page recommending this game, I think that I'm going to pass on it.

MEnr56

BTW, fishies, thanks for your diverse opinions; they're ALWAYS helpful.

[Post New]by jaymus777 on Jan 16, 13 1:04 PM
ATTENTION :

TO WHOM IT ("MAY") CONCERN:

THIS GAME IS TERRIBLE!!!! ONE OF THE WORST EVER!!!!!!

PLAYING THIS GAME IS LIKE TAKING A TRIP OR A LONG JOURNEY BACK IN TIME TO THE 1990"S GRAPHICS ARE AT BEST MEDIOCURE AND THE AMOUNT OF TIME IT TAKES TO FINISH THE GAME WAIT QUICK DON;T BLINK YOU MIGHT MISS SOMETHING !!!!
THEIR IS NO DOUBT THAT BIGFISH DEFFINETLY FAILED ON THIS ONE
FOR SURE A MAJOR DISSAPOINTMENT AND A TOTAL WAISTE OF MONEY ANY ONE THAT BOUGHT THIS GAME SHOULD BE GIVEN A REFUND!!!!!!

[Post New]by kris_cross48 on Jan 16, 13 1:15 PM
made it before demo time, glad I read the forum and skipped the video sections..which were mostly out of focus..to the point that I took my glasses off and checked them.

To be fair to the developer..looks like a new dev. Probably worked forever on this game. But it is indeed very dated in the gaming, the size of the hidden objects, the cardboardness of the characters...there is a beginning here of fine art work, but the programing is way out of date.
What the shame is, they will not recoup their money, because we can finish it before it is over. And even if they added 15 min. or so, the word gets out fast around here on a game that is too short.
kris

[Post New]by NeoKnot on Jan 16, 13 1:16 PM
I enjoyed the game, but I played the whole thing in the 60 min free trial! Gotta be longer.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 16, 13 2:15 PM
Not a bad game, but very "old school" in graphics. Game play okay, no voice overs, no flow to the game. No explanation of what is going on, or why. Weird game. Did not keep my attention at all...in fact, I couldn't even finish the demo.

From the look of what others have said, this seems to be a very short game, so definitely a no buy for me anyway. Don't care how good a game may be, if it's short, I won't have it because it isn't worth the money.

Too bad, I was looking forward to a new game, but no such luck. As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find it quite enjoyable. Thanks for the reviews.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Jan 16, 13 2:51 PM
In regards to my review of this game: I am not being sarcastic or humorous. I really like this series. If you go back and read the reviews on "Between the Worlds II" you will see the same complaints about the game being to short and not understanding it. I get this game. I think the developers should have put II & III together...not just for a longer length...but to clarify the storyline.

Like I said in my review of this game...and the series...we all have different taste. And I would never exspect anyone...to not try a game for themselves. Decide if you like or dislike it. I like it alot! I get it. It's a very different storyline and there is absolutely NO handholding what's so ever. You either love it or not. And that's o.k!

I respect everyone's reviews on everygame. Demo every game for yourself and decide if you like it or not. I like this series alot! To those who don't...I hope today brings you a game you enjoy.

Kamali
Guppy
Guppy
173 Posts

[Post New]by Kamali on Jan 16, 13 3:25 PM
I couldn't believe the game would be as short as some fishies have said, so I decided to try it, and I completed the game and was thanked by all - with 7 minutes remaining of the trial. Amazing - a game we don't have to pay for!!

Mind you, I did end up skipping the last mini-game, it was a battle and I was getting RSI from constantly clicking the the left mouse button. There seemed to be no end to that mini-game, every time I defeated one lot of baddies a new lot appeared. So, for anyone with arthritis, the final mini-game is not a good one.

Other than that, I quite enjoyed it, but it really should have been a LOT longer.

Go to: