njewer
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

The Airship

[Post New]by njewer on Jan 16, 13 12:14 PM
Does anyone else find this level frustrating and unnecessary or do you find it adds more fun to the game???

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Re:The Airship

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 16, 13 1:47 PM
Hello njewer, thanks for your feedback about the game!

I just wanted to explain why I decided to put the airship level into Tribloos 2 in the first place.

If you've played the first game you might remember the bonus levels in that were identical group clicking games (I actually don't know the term for these!) And it was the thing I was most unhappy with.

I wanted to put something in that took advantage of the level building mechanic (eg. the airship deck on the left in this case) but that was a little more involved with the story. I was pretty excited when I came up with the idea that they could drive an airship (I still think it's pretty cool myself).

I'm sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this as much - in anticipation I did put in a mechanism to actually skip this level (and any of the other bonus levels) which you can do by exiting to the level select screen and going to the next area.

Thanks again for playing the game, I hope you enjoy the building levels more!

peutetre
Clownfish
Clownfish
883 Posts

[Post New]by peutetre on Jan 16, 13 3:53 PM
I'm also not a fan of the airship (or any of the other "minigames") and greatly appreciate the "skip" button!!! I never understood the need to put these minigames in the story even though they're common. I can't think of an instance in which they were positively received. But, hey, the game is GREAT and there's a "skip" button so all is good.

Valyna
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by Valyna on Jan 16, 13 4:17 PM
peutetre wrote:I'm also not a fan of the airship (or any of the other "minigames") and greatly appreciate the "skip" button!!! I never understood the need to put these minigames in the story even though they're common. I can't think of an instance in which they were positively received. But, hey, the game is GREAT and there's a "skip" button so all is good.

Ditto

jey12345
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by jey12345 on Jan 19, 13 7:42 AM
Frustrating! Hate it! It's too arcade-y for a TM game, and I'm just not coordinated enough to get through it fast enough for a gold. And apparently you can't get your last "completed everything" flag without all levels being gold. This is the only one I can't get.

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jan 19, 13 7:56 AM
I like it - its frustrating - yes. But fun when you finally beat them One thing I didnt get though was the last minigame - I had no idea what to do. But somehow the thing exploded and that must have been the goal

Great game

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Jan 19, 13 12:12 PM
Love Tribloos 1 & 2 ....but detest the Airship . That's one Gold and one trophy I'll just have to live without.

I don't understand including arcade-style mini games when the theory of the game we bought is peaceful and much more about strategy than lightning speed with the mouse. But at least there's a Skip button for all the mini-games.

Looking forward to Tribloos 3 even bigger and better -- but without arcade-style games that mess up a clean sweep of trophies.

Slavicdiva
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by Slavicdiva on Jan 20, 13 5:53 PM
I also detested the airship, but I actually liked all of the other minigames. I thought they were quite clever! But the airship game is both too twitchy and too frustrating for me.

I got gold on all of the other levels of this game, and really enjoyed it - but I am giving up on the airship, at least for now.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 21, 13 1:28 AM
Hello all, well I'm certainly taking your comments on board here. I'm hearing very loud and clear that this level isn't a favorite

For those having trouble getting gold I would very much recommend looking for sipason's video on youtube which shows a....work around...for getting gold

Okay, so for the next game I can safely say there won't be anything "arcade" like!

Slavicdiva - glad to hear you liked the other bonus levels though. How did everyone else find these?

Badut
Herring
Herring
345 Posts

[Post New]by Badut on Jan 21, 13 8:28 AM
Hi Aymes - first I think its so nice that you come in here. Great move

And then to answer your question - I think the other minigames where really good - and its okay with a little different gameplay to take the heat off. Which is one of the reasons why the airship wasnt popular - it sooo didnt! he he he

So please include them in the next game - which I will be looking forward to

Oh, oh, oh - pleeease no spot the differences or hidden objects

[Post New]by 88catherine on Feb 19, 13 5:38 PM
I finally got gold on The Airship level after watching the video on you tube from sipason's video. It only took me two times to get gold after watching the video. I love to get gold on all the levels and get all the flags too. Thanks for the videos Sipason and thanks Aymes for the great games, I can not wait for The Tribloos 3.

Destinye
Guppy
Guppy
191 Posts

[Post New]by Destinye on Mar 25, 13 12:40 PM
Yes very annoying! I loved the mini-games in Tribloos one though! May be alone in that too lol!

Go to: