Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

Puzzles not answered

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 17, 13 12:23 PM
I just replayed the game to see if I could find better access to $ and solve other quests. There were some things that really puzzled me, so I do wonder if some things will be left to a sequel???

Could anyone get to a higher level than 13 without playing longer than 12 hours? You can win the game at lower levels but I couldn't help wondering if I could get cooler skills at level 15 & 20. It was frustrating make boards & fighting at the academy for hours with little to show for it.

What was the deal with the town with no entrance??? I talked and retalked to people to see if I could ever get in. I flew around and around to see if a sea monster ever showed up, thinking maybe this was an answer. Again, you still solve the game without entering the dang town.

And finally, what the heck is it with Dusan & his illness? I went back to the lone cabin & got a quest to deliver a letter to the Academy. Got excited & rushed back to the Academy! The guards took the letter from me & nothing else happened. What's the deal with that???

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

Re:Puzzles not answered

[Post New]by kayette on Jan 19, 13 8:47 AM
I had the same experience with Dusan and the letter. I am wondering if there is more to the story of Marcus and his sister?

After doing some experimenting with options, I think Dusan's letter only makes sense if you encounter him before you get the shard from the Academy and chose to fight instead of wait. There seems to be a major storyline split here. Depending on your choice you end up with a slightly different party and slightly different things happen!
Has anyone figured out what the coins you can buy at the pawn shops are for other than taking up space? Or if Cookie's 'gourmet grub' does anything?

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 10:24:34 PM PST

Mamayaya
Guppy
Guppy
150 Posts

[Post New]by Mamayaya on Jan 21, 13 1:05 PM
Huh, I'll try to fight instead of wait with Dusan.

I found no use for the coin but the combat kits you can buy in Xile are great for big fights because it enhances the team's defense, resistance & power.

I gave the gourmet food to the ladies in the rebel camp. They, in turn, give you one sample, which I have to the old man in Oasis. The granddaughter gives you $50 for giving it to him. (The old woman wants fish). You get $50 for that, too.

The cook in the rebel camp will give you a free sample of gourmet food if you don't get one from the ladies.

kayette
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
474 Posts

[Post New]by kayette on Jan 21, 13 4:25 PM
Thanks for the tip about the food! I found out that if you go back to that pub where they kick you out at first, the guy at the bar will send you to check on the grandparents too! But then the girl at the pier won't talk to you so you only get the reward once. After that he will sell you food and drink.

Go to: