bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Reviews for Reality Show: Fatal Shot

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 18, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies!

What do you think of Reality Show: Fatal Shot? We’d love to hear all about it, as would many of the other fishies in our pond! You can now share your review on our website, just pop over to the Reality Show: Fatal Shot page here.

Unsure how to submit a review? Please check our help article Big Fish Game Reviews for more information.

After sharing your review on our website, please feel free to repost your review in this thread!

Remember, a lot of fishies that will be reading your review will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include the words SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post .

To help other players get the most out of your review, you could add a note stating if you played the trial or full version and how far you have gotten in the game.

If you’re experiencing technical issues with this game, be sure to swim over to the support thread dedicated to the game here.

**If you are seeking game help, the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the Game Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion'!

Happy gaming!

bfgTokoro

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

Re:Reviews for Reality Show: Fatal Shot

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 18, 13 12:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to add to the OP: This thread has been reserved for reviews only.

If you have any questions about someone else’s review (even if you feel that their review contains incorrect details about this game) please contact that user directly via PM instead of replying to or quoting their post as this can develop into a discussion that is not suitable to the review thread.

While the reviews in this thread are first and foremost helpful to other players, they also tell us and all who were involved in making this game, what you liked/disliked most, what you’d like to see more/less of in future games, etc. This can only help us in continuing to provide better games, which is what we all want!

We want to ensure that everyone who visits this thread can easily find the reviews that they’re looking for, so the Moderation Team will be proactively removing any off-topic posts (i.e. non-reviews) that pop up in this thread.

For any non-review related posts, please feel free to create a "Comments" thread in this Game Forum if there isn't one already. You can always create a new thread for any game questions or tips.

Thank you!

bfgTokoro

oldchris
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by oldchris on Jan 18, 13 12:41 AM
I think once again a game classed as Hidden Object has no actual Hidden Object scenes!!!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 18, 13 12:42 AM
If you would like to check out the reviews for the CE version of this game, just click here!

Hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 18, 13 12:43 AM
Morning, all...

This is another one of ERS' games that play like a HOG, but without the HOS (hidden object scenes).

There are 3 gameplay modes: Casual, Hard, Advanced.

There is voice-over.

There is a choice of custom and system cursor.

There is widescreen, but the main play area is just full screen, and the sides have coloured borders.

Your Diary is at the left.

The Inventory can be locked to stay open or unlocked to move down until needed.

Your Goals are at the right.

Also at the right is your Hint button.

Puzzles can be skipped.

I am very happy to see that both Hint and Skip button only take about 35 seconds to fill in Casual mode. Thank you for that, ERS.

You will also get an Ultra-Violet light, which is next to your Diary at the left. You will need it from time to time.

--- --- ---

The further it got in the game, the more bored I became. In fact, halfway through the game, I had completely forgotten that the hobo Sam (whom I love) was part of the game. While he was around, the game went at a decent pace, and it was interesting. But all of a sudden, he was gone, and from the moment I stepped into the studio, the game started to go downhill.

I also didn't care too much for most of the puzzles, unlike the ones in the latest "Spirits of Mystery" game, a game I loved playing all the way through. Most puzzles in this game I just skipped. Was bored, bored, bored with them.

And I don't even want to talk about the boring bonus game. The only reason I bought the CE was because I got it in the BOGOF sale. So I can console myself by telling myself that this was the game I got for naught.

biomix
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,854 Posts

[Post New]by biomix on Jan 18, 13 5:00 AM
Once again I agree with Valdy and have my own views as well.

The game has NO HIDDEN OBJECT which takes away from the fun of it for me!!!
I so miss the interaction if get from playing the Hidden objects scenes especially when you they make them so they are different than simply straightforward which is so often the case of late.

I was 30 minutes in and was getting bored. The graphics were not the best and the music was pressing. I felt rushed.

Not for me. I have one coupon left and I am not using it here. Sorry ERS. No Hidden Objects, no Sale!!

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Jan 18, 13 6:41 AM
A few well-done HOs might have improved this game.
Absolutely no challange. I can't believe I've found a
game too easy. Go here, do this, go there, do that,
go back to someplace else and do something.

And the minigames? Only four circles to turn and the
train track is fixed? Then I got to collect cannonballs
to shoot; picked up two, then I suddenly had four
in different colors.

Big disappointment from ERS.

And yes, I also want hidden object scenes in HOPAs

qpr1
Clownfish
Clownfish
733 Posts

[Post New]by qpr1 on Jan 18, 13 7:00 AM
demo took me 40 mins, loved it. no h.o. scenes, i can live with that.!

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 18, 13 7:28 AM
REVIEW ON FINISHED SE GAME on hardcore PURE ADVENTURE GAME
(yet again big fish misclassifies a game - it says at top of page -
PC Games > Hidden Object Games > Reality Show: Fatal Shot)

ERS can be the their own worst enemy sometimes as I have no idea how this could have been a CE purely on length alone. I knew it would be short so I played on hardcore - and didn't use skip or hint, or walkthrough and I didn't skip any dialogue even after I read it all as I want to be fair and it was under 3hrs. Having no HOS in it is no excuse as their Dark Alley's pure adventure game took me 5 hrs.

Saying that, the enjoyment factor was higher in this game for me than dark alley's, the plot, the different locations, the pace of the game, although if they had the length and the same level of 'hardness' (which wasn't hard) as dark alley I would have really loved this game.

This game was a bit infuriating as for once I was really enjoying the plot - simple, clear, straightforward no weird animals or out there insertions - like a junk pile plot. No fantastical plots or witches, demon posession etc but it does have a bit of a dark opening so don't recommend young children to play this which is a shame as this game is easy think they could. I also thought it was one of their better graphics.

I'd class this as a filler game - short, simple but sweet. I like filler games as I play them between hard games but some of those puzzles were so simple it's annoying. The gameplay is easy and very contained so the lack of a transporter map is no loss.

There is 3 choice of modes and you can switch them during gameplay and I strongly suggest everyone should try hardcore.

Hardcore was annoying as it said no black bar tips but I still got some, there is hint and skip button (I think) but it does take a long time to fill. Also there was auto tips on puzzles.

I was annoyed as especially at the beginning, it's insultingly simple the puzzles and it's infuriating as they had some lovely ones which by minor tweaking could have been easy to medium. They have some great thoughts to puzzles but either technically how they do them or by making it so boringly easy, it takes any joy out of some of them.

At the end it was more medium but of the 36 (roughly) puzzles I counted most of these were very easy to easy. Only about 4 or 5 I could class as medium and even those everybody can do so have no idea why they didn't make all of them that hardness. I did love a couple - the yeti and the ball, n

Edited on 01/18/2013 at 8:40:18 AM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 18, 13 7:29 AM
continued

My play time is including the long time I took with the word puzzle which said it was counter clockwise which I did and it was fiddly only to find out it was clockwise!

I thought they missed out on a great opportunity with the red balloons. When you see a red balloon you use your UV light on it. There were only 8 red balloons in the whole game but if they made them less obvious, it could have been like a collectable but still part of the game, make the clues more extra like a background story with the UV light so if you miss one it doesn't matter. I did enjoy it but thought they missed a brilliant opportunity with them.

Thanks to CE reviews saying it had a tied up ending, it's the only reason I bought this as with this DEV I've been burned too often re this, but I felt the ending was satisfactory as a SE player. I think I could guess where the bonus may go but it was tied up enough for me to be happy with it.

I only recommend it for a DD or free coupon which I used because of the length. Unless you are looking for a filler game (simple gameplay and mostly simple puzzles) and don't mind that it's short, then I'd pass.

I normally wouldn't put an active recommendation on a game under 3hrs but as it was very close, and I liked the plot and gameplay even if the puzzles were mostly too easy, I will.

[Post New]by angelofmusic62 on Jan 18, 13 8:34 AM
I can sum this one up with one word: Boring. I was bored by the story, the gameplay, and the puzzles. To those who expected some HO scenes, in all fairness, the words hidden object did not appear in the description of this game. I think we automatically expect HOs from this developer. A few HO scenes here and there may have made this one a bit less tedious. As always, tastes differ, so who all who like this one, enjoy.

bessiegirl
Clownfish
Clownfish
738 Posts

[Post New]by bessiegirl on Jan 18, 13 12:38 PM
Wasn't the longest game...but long enough. I did enjoy it. The game moved along very smoothly..no HOS which was a good break. You picked up your inventory along the way and used it pretty quickly.

The story was interesting, but confusing. Never did understand why "Sarah" held such a grudge ("a woman scorned"?) and the issue with her husband's death really didn't make sense and who was the dude who helped her and where did he go?.

Enjoyed almost all the mini games (which is odd for me)...easy and fun, but some were confusing mostly because the instructions were not clear, however the skip and hint both recharge very quickly (I play on casual mode...not into frustration), so I could skip the ones I didn't understand and keep moving along.

Scenes were clear and crisp and the voice overs were enjoyable. Music was appropriate. Usually I turn both of these off because they can get annoying, but these were nice. Has cut scenes, but they were not bad. Certainly did not find it boring. I played the SE.

All in all I would give this a 4 out of 5. Nice to have an easy flowing, not too long game now and then...game took me with demo time, a little over 2 hours.

Edited on 01/18/2013 at 12:40:39 PM PST

[Post New]by brossack on Jan 19, 13 4:37 PM
Big disappointment - no hidden objects at all. I finished this in under 2 hours. It seems alot of the supposed hidden picture games have less to do with hidden objects and more to do with puzzles. I don't mind paying $6.99 for a game but I expect it to last a couple of days - and I work full time - but lately alot of these I breeze through.

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jan 20, 13 9:16 AM
Just by reading the paragraph in the download section for this game...it seems like a CSI show I recently saw on TV..lol

[Post New]by Underthebridge on Jan 20, 13 10:07 AM
Played the demo...got as far as the vampire scene..couldn't handle anymore, I thought this said it was an HO game..not one so far. No buy for me..also ERS does really well but this one was a ...and what was so reality of the thing...puppets and cardboard people aren't real. .I do see that Cricks was in it..he is always cool. sorry DEV's and ..this one should have just stayed ON the drawing board or put in archives...

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 21, 13 5:09 AM
my my.. we all are so difficult to please....no hidden objects or too many hidden objects !!!
it must be so hard for the developers to please all!!
Just finished the Demo I am going to buy, I found this fast moving and got some laughs , graphics great and love the stage scenes ... I for one am beginning to get bored with the HOS so am happy !!!
A negative.. so far the mini games are really too easy but suits my mood today taking a break in snowy scotland so will while away an afternoon by the fire !!!!!
Thanks again ERS another good game

kelsie2
Guppy
Guppy
171 Posts

[Post New]by kelsie2 on Jan 23, 13 6:43 AM
Ooops sorry ERS the minigames seem to be getting harder I amstuck on the Yeti,
refuse to quit , will solve it !!!

[Post New]by SadJeannie on May 8, 13 1:27 AM
I like the fact that everything moves so fast. Moving from one room to another, opening up a mini-scene to look at objects, clicking on objects to pick them up, moves fast. Some games, when you pick up an object, it takes a full couple of seconds to show you the item you picked up before taking you back to the scene, and I find that frustrating. Maybe I have ADHD, I dunno. But I think that when games add extra seconds like that unnecessarily, it tries my patience.

Seester2
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by Seester2 on Sep 28, 13 6:23 PM
I thought this game was well done, but not long enough and a bit boring. Finished it in just a couple of hours. Some of the mini-games were super easy, and others were super hard, so there was a bit of a balance there. No map...but you didn't have to backtrack too far, so that wasn't too much of a big deal. Not one of my favorites, but good enough. I give it a 6 out of 10.

sandicats5
Clownfish
Clownfish
573 Posts

[Post New]by sandicats5 on Oct 21, 13 10:23 AM
finished the game. wasn't the greatest game I ever played but since I bought it I played it to the end. some hog could have made it better. started out okay then just kind of lost it for me.

Go to: