bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Death Pages: Ghost Library Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 20, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

Re:Post any Death Pages: Ghost Library Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jan 20, 13 2:06 AM
Another painfully slow download. Five minutes short of two hours so far and it has still only downloaded 490MB of the 700MB file. No doubt the download speed problem explains why up to now there is only one review and no other comments - no-one other than Valdy (what is your secret Valdy, please tell us!) can get into it yet.

cbtx
Stingray
Stingray
5,030 Posts

Re:Post any Death Pages: Ghost Library Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cbtx on Jan 20, 13 2:13 AM
Like Valdy, I have had no problems with d/l speed. (Knock on wood!)

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 20, 13 3:01 AM
Heya JoyWales,

I'm sorry to hear about the cursor issues you are experiencing with the game .

As the cursor is a visual aspect of a game it could indeed be that your video card or some of the software required to display the game are having some issues. To make sure our games can run smoothly it's important to keep your machine up-to-date. You can easily check for your newest software available by following the stepes you can find here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Jan 20, 13 3:13 AM
the game downloaded pretty quickly for me but is hopeless to play. It is painfully slow, the cursor responds almost in slow motion and the moving around and zooming in on active zones takes an age..... unplayable for me. Anyone else having similar issues?
I'm a bit dismayed as I have a brand new, extremely powerful and extremely fast computer (i5 processor 8 G RAM operating Windows 8) - any ideas Big Fish?

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Jan 20, 13 3:54 AM
HoneyVegas wrote:the game downloaded pretty quickly for me but is hopeless to play. It is painfully slow, the cursor responds almost in slow motion and the moving around and zooming in on active zones takes an age..... unplayable for me. Anyone else having similar issues?

I have had this issue with a few of the recent Elephant games but it can usually be resolved by switching off 'Special Effects' in the Options menu. Hope that helps.

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Jan 20, 13 4:23 AM
I usually have slow downloads when others do, however today this demo was done in 5 mins! I did recently uninstall and reinstall the GM on the advice of CS; I also updated to IE9 as apparently the GM relies on IE for downloads, although I use Firefox as my browser. I have had no slow downloads since.

HoneyVegas
Seahorse
Seahorse
36 Posts

[Post New]by HoneyVegas on Jan 20, 13 4:30 AM
thanks MinnieK - I'm afraid that made no difference, the game doesn't seem to like my new computer, it even takes ages to get through the loading screens - I'm stuck I'm afraid unless BF can give some tips?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 20, 13 5:40 AM
Heya HoneyVegas ,

As the game seems to be extremely slow, it could be that some of the drivers on your computer could do with a few updates. Even if you have a brand-new computer, this doesn't always mean that the newest software is installed as these are installed at the time the computer is manufactured and not when it is being purchased. You can find some easy steps on how to get your computer up-to-date by clicking here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/20/2013 at 5:40:29 AM PST

mikado1
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by mikado1 on Jan 20, 13 6:24 AM
I have the same problem with very, very slow download, but I won´t give up. It´s still 40 % left to download after one hour, but I hope it will be worth it.

darksprires
Squid
Squid
77 Posts

[Post New]by darksprires on Jan 20, 13 7:50 AM
The game will not download for me. It won't even start to download. Looking at the comments here, I don't think I will bother to solve the issue.

phisherman
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by phisherman on Jan 20, 13 10:39 AM
Another annoyingly, painfully slow game. I know, its my computer. No matter, I did not like the game anyway.

Cursor swims

[Post New]by Heavenlyrabbit on Jan 20, 13 11:17 AM
Downloaded very quickly onto my iMac.

The cursor is extremely sluggish and seems to swim around the pages. Exception is hidden object scenes. Would love to buy this game but until this is resolved, I won't be.

This isn't my computer. It's the game.

robbinrn
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by robbinrn on Jan 20, 13 12:58 PM
For those of us having issues with the sluggish cursor movements---I had to update my directx (9.0) and it worked fine after that. Hope this helps.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 21, 13 3:59 AM
Heya Fishies,

robbinrn - Thanks a lot for posting that fix! DirectX is one of the software component used to process and display the game, so making sure it's up to date can definitely improve your gaming experience!

phisherman - As you are sure that it is your computer, making sure that all drivers and software are up to date could help to make this and other games a bit faster. You can find some easy steps on how to get your machine up to date here. Please mind though that many newer games now have higher minimum requirements, which could cause older computers to not be able to handle these games anymore.

Heavenlyrabbit - Just to make sure all elements of the game can be displayed properly, making sure you have all recent updates installed could be a first step to solve the problem. You can find some steps on how to do that here. Also, it seems that there have been a few recent issues related to certain video cards on Macs. To see if you are affected by this you could have a look at this thread.

For all the Fishies that are experiencing problems with their download, this help article has some tips and tricks on how you can get your download to start up and work better.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by hawkitty on Jan 21, 13 7:15 AM
Very slow download speed here also. However, I was able to play the game through without any problems. Until the bonus chapter. The game stops responding in the middle of it. I have to use ctrl+alt+del just to get the task manager to come up so that I can shut the game down. I have tried going back in several times and it still stops at the same point. Trying to re-install and see if that will clear up the problem, but it will be a while since the download on this one is soooooo slow.

Finally got the game re-installed and that seemed to fix the problem.

Edited on 01/21/2013 at 8:09:22 AM PST

PaulaSan
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by PaulaSan on Jan 21, 13 9:46 AM
This game downloaded fine, but says my trial has expired and I haven't even opened it! Never had this happen before and I've played a lot of BFGs.
What do I do in this case?
Any help?

celticwolf55
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by celticwolf55 on Jan 21, 13 10:47 AM
How can I get the 'skinny' page to widen out? It looks like the page is squeezed into a skinny frame. Also, where in the heck is the button for special effects in the options page. I saw nothing about that, only a gamma button.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Jan 21, 13 12:55 PM
I don't know what's going on with Elephant, usually a reliable dev., with a few glitchy moments now and then. This game is almost unplayable on my old XP computer -- it opened in widescreen and fullscreen mode (together), so that there were black bars and the opening BF logo was elongated. I unclicked the widescreen option after it had loaded, then experimented with the cursor (the custom and system cursors detached from each other and the custom cursor was really lagging in catching up, while the system cursor was useless by itself), I unclicked custom cursor for a while, and could play a tiny bit faster, then re-clicked it; took off special effects then put them back. The gameplay was slow, sluggish, even in the HOS. At about that point I lost patience in what looked like an interesting game that I might have purchased if not the CE certainly the SE, but with all these problems is unplayable. My download, by the way, was fine. It usually is. Other than having an old graphics card, all the programs (DirectX, etc. are up to date).

Today, (1/23/130 I updated all of my Adobe programs (I did DirectX last week), and re-installed the demo, and while no longer opening elongated, it still had the floaty cursor (I checked) and some scenes were very, very slow on all actions. Still pretty much unplayable. Sad.

Edited on 01/23/2013 at 3:51:18 PM PST

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 21, 13 3:28 PM
could only play about15 min. cursor is too floaty & jerky & movement is very slow.

Go to: