mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

I know i should'nt post this here BUT...

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Jan 20, 13 11:08 AM
I am playing "Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time" and have ran into an issue i cant seem to resolve. First, please know i DID check the game forum and could not find the answer to my problem and am so close to finishing i took a change to come here.

I am in the shed for the second HO scene and have got everything but the final thing which is a fish hook. I see the fishhook BUT my cursor suddenly disappeared so i cant click on it. AS i have no cursor in that scene i have to use excape to get out of game!!! I have closed my GM and rebooted but when i start game again it picks up in the HO scene with NO cursor...HELPPPPPPPppppppppppppppp

Rumbitothecore
Shark
Shark
13,560 Posts

Re:I know i should'nt post this here BUT...

[Post New]by Rumbitothecore on Jan 20, 13 11:18 AM
You could send a DR felix report to see if the techs can help.. here's the link on how to do it..

http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1688

or though it is annoying you could start a new profile.

Sorry i can't be more helpful.

Jofer
Shark
Shark
11,519 Posts

[Post New]by Jofer on Jan 20, 13 11:20 AM
I just went and looked through the tech threads on this game - SE and CE versions - and sounds like it was a pretty glitchy game for alot of folks. There was at least one other post I saw with disappearing cursor issue - but no answers in the tech threads except for being told to send in a DR Feilx report and go to tech support. So you may have to do that.

[Post New]by okletmewin12 on Jan 20, 13 11:41 AM
hi mommabear ~ sorry you are having this issue but like rumbi said, you can send in a dr felix report to CS and while you're waiting to hear back you may as well start game over with a new profile

i know it's a pain with being so close to the end, but you'll be ahead of the game (no pun intended!) if you start afresh now in case there isn't a fix for it

plus, think how smart you'll feel when you start again and know exactly what to do all the way through

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Jan 20, 13 11:55 AM
Jofer... i also checked and saw someone else had the same problem... but they didnt go back to say if they found a fix for it. I was hopeing that maybe someone who did work around it would tell me how they did it... thank you for trying to help

Okletmewin12... thanks for the advice but am still hopeing i wont have to start over... i played the first 2 games in the series last week and i just have this one and one more to go before i finish the series.

For anyone who likes a really good HO series these games are great (well except for num 3)

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Jan 20, 13 12:10 PM
mommabear, have You tried to uninstall the game from Programs and Features on Your computer and then re-install it? sometimes it gets the glitch out, and You will not have to start over

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Jan 20, 13 12:22 PM
Mommabear the post that you did find about the diasappearing cusor did you try to PM the person that posted it? Maybe they did find a way around it but didn't come back to post it. It's worth a try Good Luck!

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Jan 20, 13 12:30 PM
annita33... what a great idea!!!! i didnt think to do that...thank you so much

mommabear1945
Guppy
Guppy
169 Posts

[Post New]by mommabear1945 on Jan 20, 13 12:33 PM
harlequen... guess i will have to try your advice if no one else comes up with a way to work around it.. thank you for replying

annita33
Narwhal
Narwhal
34,725 Posts

[Post New]by annita33 on Jan 20, 13 12:35 PM
You are very welcome mommabear I have done it before and have gotten help and made some friends. I really hope it works out I know you don't want to have to start the game all over again I have done that too.

bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Jan 20, 13 1:27 PM
Hi mommabear1945,

I'm sorry to hear that happened! As other Fishies have mentioned, it may help to uninstall and reinstall the game. In most cases, unless you're running Windows XP, your game data will be preserved so you can pick up where you left off. You can find more information about doing that here on our help article:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If that's not helping, please feel free to get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be more than happy to troubleshoot that with you so you can finish the game!

Also, just so we can keep all game related topics in one place, I'll be moving this discussion over to the Echoes of the Past: The Citadels of Time Forum and locking it. Please feel free to post any technical issues with the game in the dedicated technical issues thread here.

I hope that helps!

bfgSeine

Go to: