dzzzy
Flounder
Flounder
2,473 Posts

Re:MCF 2012... Picman's official clues and intrigue

[Post New]by dzzzy on Nov 7, 12 8:16 PM
My last post of the night. Here is another solution (and sorry Eoarod, I didn't try psychic as a solution). Also, my apologies if the post is quintupled, my internet is having problems.

CLOSERS GOAL FINISH

Go fishies! See you tomorrow!!!

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 8:18:45 PM PST

[Post New]by Crystalscove22 on Nov 7, 12 8:23 PM
manndiee wrote:Just to cover bases, I tried to translate "KILGVXG BLFI WRTRGH" into Vulcan, Klingon and Romulan. No Luck!

Drats! Foiled Again!!

I did have a thought...one that I can't work out mathematically, but has anyone tried translating the LETTERS into NUMBERS ...adding them up somehow and coming up with a possible MAP location via : latitude & longitude or something along those lines?
I know its probably a stupid idea, but I just keep thinking of yesterdays phrase / clue; use the map.
Thats all..now I'm off to bed and I know when I wake up tomorrow the "Super Master Detectives' will have figured it all out...Goodnoght and Good Luck

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 8:24:59 PM PST

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 7, 12 8:27 PM
crystal - it's sure not stupid!! No - I don't believe anyone has tried that specifically! Give it a go!

Now I have: Reunion dupe vacant

Which also fits allll our speculations - but still is not a darn sentence!!!

Soooo - does Hondo prefer cookies? Cake? Beer? Undying gratitude?

purplealikat
Herring
Herring
395 Posts

[Post New]by purplealikat on Nov 7, 12 8:54 PM
See? I TOLD ya! I leave and the clue is posted. Sheesh! My hats off to you all....we've got smart fishies in the pond!

Enamorte
Guppy
Guppy
131 Posts

[Post New]by Enamorte on Nov 7, 12 9:08 PM
Hello, everyone...I haven't got a solution to the puzzle, but I came across something today that I found really interesting.

I just watched a show about the Stefan Michalak case, it's a very famous case of UFO sighting. Michalak encountered what was supposedly a UFO out in the woods and later on he became ill, showing symptoms similar to radiation poisoning.

I had been thinking of aliens since Hondo's use of the in one of his previous posts. It seemed out of place. Perhaps aliens have something to do why everyone disappeared from Shadow Lake.

Something to think about, anyway.

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 7, 12 9:08 PM
purplealikat - posted; yes - solved; sooo no

I've come up with tons of other ideas I don't like...I'm tapped out...who's tapping in???

As a cipher just...so...many...options!

I think I'll stand on my head and look at it from another angle!

Hopefully our friends across the (big) pond will attack this with fresh minds full of morning in a little while!!!

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 7, 12 9:21 PM
Played with the letters numbers translating in different languages but I don't get anything that gives me a good answer. I will rest a little and work on it some more later. I tried so the answer could have been mystery case files 9 but can't add it up

MJ_Mystery
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by MJ_Mystery on Nov 7, 12 9:28 PM
Afraid I have nothing to add at this moment to solving the clues we have been given today. I need to get to bed, it is 10:27 my time and I need my sleep. Good night all and I'll see you all tomorrow.

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 7, 12 9:37 PM
Enamorte wrote:I just watched a show about the Stefan Michalak case, it's a very famous case of UFO sighting. Michalak encountered what was supposedly a UFO out in the woods and later on he became ill, showing symptoms similar to radiation poisoning.

I had been thinking of aliens since Hondo's use of the in one of his previous posts. It seemed out of place. Perhaps aliens have something to do why everyone disappeared from Shadow Lake.

Oooh, good job making the connection between radiation poisoning and aliens! Looking at the girl on the pier again has made me think of "Close Encounters". The light is too bright to be of natural origin...and there seems to be an unearthly greeny glow to it. The girl seems like she might be in some sort of trance, what with the way her head is hanging, with arms limply beside her, as if she's been involuntarily drawn to the pier by an irresistible force.

Wondering: "This Hondo"... Has he been cloned by aliens?!? And could there be be an alien spaceship behind the farmhouse in the FB concept art?

The plot thickens!

Edit: Some paranormal groups also investigate UFO/alien sightings

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 9:41:06 PM PST

bekair
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by bekair on Nov 7, 12 10:00 PM
Very UN common to have words with no vowels.

The puzzle or cipher has only has one VOWEL (actually 2) the letter I

Can we assume the grouping would be as printed IE a 7 letter word, a 4 letter word and a 6 letter word ? PROBABLY NOT! BUT maybe.

If you skip 2 letters back, or 1 forward you run out of letters on a qwerty keyboard.

No HARD consonant's like MMM or NNN yeah 1 K - but that's all and only 1 T.

I don't THINK BFG would use something like ENIGMA on a spec thread for a computer game, but MAYBE, if so - without a key you are sort of sunk - ERGO (as Batman would say)

Where, or WHAT is the key ?

bbt

playzmuzic
Minnow
Minnow
250 Posts

[Post New]by playzmuzic on Nov 7, 12 10:33 PM
Can you use Hondo's birthday key again, or was that a one trick seahorse?

[Post New]by mcf_square_eyes on Nov 7, 12 10:35 PM
Been great not having to work today so I have caught up on the last 20 pages. Congrats to the clever clue bustin' fishies. Everyone is soooo dedicated to our collective MD work, I think you are all fintastic!!!!

I've had a crack and all I can say is Picman's fogginess has nothing on my cipher filled head o' mush I've also looked at the keyboard cipher Bekair and got zip! Frequent letters, azerbaijiani to English translator.....so on and so forth.

I think a little nudge (or maybe a big, fat shove ) in the right direction would be really helpful. Picman, Hondo.......

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 7, 12 10:35 PM
So...we're learning about 19th century authors, geography, Greek, and now ciphers...

I'm now back to liking Protect your digits (which I believe dzzzy hit on first!) - it didn't seem to give any of us an "Aha!" - esp. as we came up with Protect four digits as well and a million other options

But because I'm having soooo much fun chewing on this bone...I went back to where I started - looking at various types of ciphers. We decided it wasn't Caesarian - and were all looking at "simple" letter replacement - but that gives us the aforementioned "million" answers - because it seems there's no such thing as "simple letter replacement" without a key & we don't seem to have one (or are collectively missing it - this is totally possible )

However - if you use an Atbash Ciper...you yeild only one answer:

Protect your digits

This is the first actual cipher I've tried (aside from Caesarian - which does not work in any of its 26 variations ). Other specific ciphers might yeild other singular answers...but I at least feel like this is "something" to get one answer vs. thousands!

Has anyone else tried other specific ciphers???

Edited on 11/07/2012 at 10:45:37 PM PST

ramps01
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by ramps01 on Nov 7, 12 10:44 PM
Protect your limits?

Eoarod
Flounder
Flounder
2,391 Posts

[Post New]by Eoarod on Nov 7, 12 10:48 PM
Oh - and don't think I didn't look at Tengwar (both Sindarin & Quenya) and Dwarven lolol - I'm trying anything I can think of!!!

Rainbow722
Flounder
Flounder
2,404 Posts

[Post New]by Rainbow722 on Nov 7, 12 11:00 PM
STUDIED HURT NOBODY
PROTECT YOUR LIMITS
NOBODY STUDIED CULTS
PROTECT FOUR LIMITS
PROTECT FOUR DIMITY
CHARMER PATH LUXURY
CHARMER LUXURY WASH
REASON S HAVE TICISMS
LUXURY PATH CHARGER

Whew!

samspunker
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by samspunker on Nov 7, 12 11:11 PM
playzmuzic wrote:My brain started to hurt five pages ago... good job everyone who can actually keep up!

You still have a brain? Mine melted about 3 days ago!

sunfish09
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,595 Posts

[Post New]by sunfish09 on Nov 7, 12 11:29 PM
Eoarod I get protect your digits too. That's the only one who makes a little sense right now

Plotbunny
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,042 Posts

[Post New]by Plotbunny on Nov 8, 12 12:04 AM
If it turns out to be " Protect your digits " does that mean we should be on the lookout for something/someone who bites?

Edited on 11/08/2012 at 12:05:56 AM PST

[Post New]by crazycatfishlady on Nov 8, 12 12:24 AM
Plotbunny wrote: If it turns out to be " Protect your digits " does that mean we should be on the lookout for something/someone who bites?

If we find ourselves at the end of a pier, in a gossamer-thin nightgown, during a late New England fall, my guess would be frostbite

I wonder if "digits" has a double meaning. Maybe we have to protect fingers, toes, and numbers (a code?).

Go to: