SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

Re:Post your Midnight Castle (PC) Technical Issues Here Only!

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Jan 31, 15 2:15 PM
Edit: Magic things happen overnight both good and bad this problem resolved itself when I opened the Ancient Park today the Lost Fairy had an exclamation point over her head and I could continue with the game.

HELP!

Today 01/31/15 MC opened fine and I completed a quest I was working on last night; Count Vesnik quest #5 Protection Glasses, completed it then went to the Count to see next quest and he said see Ghostly Messenger who says "wait for next update". Is there an update? Should I uninstall/reinstall game? uninstall BF app reinstall?

HELP!!!!

Edited on 02/01/2015 at 2:43:04 PM PST

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Jan 31, 15 3:47 PM
I have just logged on for today. Knew my game was in trouble because instead of just loading - I had checking cloud, etc showing. Now my game won't shut down or save. I have waited 10 minutes for the game manager box to appear - NOTHING. My desk top shortcut takes me back into my game but when I click to exit - game shuts but does not save as the game manager DOES NOT LOAD. What is happening?

Obviously the exe file is not working.

I started having problems 3 days ago. Day 3 ago - I lost progress 3 times so I shut down my computer & did no play anymore for the day. Day 2 ago - I started trying to save often (I would do 1 or 2 hidden object scenes & then exit ) so if I lost progress I did not lose heaps. Yesterday the exe file was taking longer & longer to shut down &most times did not save my game. Today IT DOES NOT SHUT DOWN AT ALL or SAVE MY GAME (20 minutes & still waiting for the game manager app to appear ).

What do I do? I play on PC - Windows 8.1.

Edited on 01/31/2015 at 3:50:58 PM PST

SweetNellyBly
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by SweetNellyBly on Jan 31, 15 4:44 PM
I've had this happen several times, I just use task manager and then open MC back up to make sure everything is still there which it has been. I used to try waiting it out but it was no use, I think it's tied to BF pop ups regarding games for sale, etc.

JohnTonkin
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by JohnTonkin on Jan 31, 15 5:58 PM
I don't know if this is a glitch or not. I'm playing the new rooms behind the elven forest with ****. I know there are players with higher levels (more experience than I have). I'm showing up as the only player there. Also, I'm showing up as the only player in the HOS in the graveyard behind the Town Chapel.

Also,-- it seems like the number of common tickets required for making items is very high compared to the others and they are actually less common than the others. What gives?
Iceman (level 54)

aussie_Dot
Flounder
Flounder
2,429 Posts

[Post New]by aussie_Dot on Feb 1, 15 12:13 AM
SweetNellyBly - the game manager (task manager) would not open so could not get anything back.
I ended up getting a technician to service my computer - apparently I had internet connection problems & when it reset several other things including the game manager were stuck in some sort of loop so nothing happened when you clicked on the icons. I am not techno savvy so that is the best I could get from what the technician said.

The issue appears to be resolved now - just hope it keeps working properly. Thank you for your interest.

Edited on 02/01/2015 at 12:25:05 AM PST

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Feb 1, 15 8:28 AM
Nice to see the developers actually listen to comments Thanks BF for making the daily quests better, by adding things in further areas. It makes it much more enjoyable

Clairelle
Lobster
Lobster
87 Posts

[Post New]by Clairelle on Feb 1, 15 1:53 PM
After transformation of Lord Chamberlain into the head vampire he has no more his skullstick. But he makes the same movements like with the skullstick. Is this a failure of my tablet or intended by programming?

chris_2_4
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by chris_2_4 on Feb 2, 15 10:44 AM
chris_2_4 wrote:Nice to see the developers actually listen to comments Thanks BF for making the daily quests better, by adding things in further areas. It makes it much more enjoyable

HOWEVER - it is unfair to make part of those daily quests to do things like open that egg thing in the ice world, for which you need to collect those stones - and you can't get those stones because - unless you are on an actual quest - the HOS don't give you what you want; whether you follow a route to them or click on the item in the information list. Really, that has been a long time in fixing; please get onto it

[Post New]by SuzeM6 on Feb 3, 15 11:50 AM
Hi
I'm stuck on level 26 where I need to get into the church to speak to Valeria's spirit. I have the 10000 coins needed but the lock won't open. Any ideas?

moonfell
Guppy
Guppy
197 Posts

[Post New]by moonfell on Feb 3, 15 5:23 PM
not really techno issue but I would like to know how delete the friends that I have declined (not being mean just to many to handle in a timely order) I really do appreciate help the these people gave to me.
Gavi-Tn

[Post New]by coopercole on Feb 3, 15 6:37 PM
I make a point of exiting the game every hour or two to make sure my progress is saved however since the last update January 30 I have lost progress three times - my screen goes blank for two seconds and then goes to the game manager - no loss of power or internet connection just BF server. Very frustrating losing thousands of dollars and diamonds each time. Also since that update, if I put the game on sleep to check email or whatever, the game does a complete re-load when I go back to it. Hope these are some issues that can be addressed in the next update.

datsalotta
Clownfish
Clownfish
673 Posts

[Post New]by datsalotta on Feb 4, 15 3:59 PM
coopercole wrote:I make a point of exiting the game every hour or two to make sure my progress is saved however since the last update January 30 I have lost progress three times - my screen goes blank for two seconds and then goes to the game manager - no loss of power or internet connection just BF server. Very frustrating losing thousands of dollars and diamonds each time. Also since that update, if I put the game on sleep to check email or whatever, the game does a complete re-load when I go back to it. Hope these are some issues that can be addressed in the next update.

Hey coopercole and bfg techies!!
I am like you, coopercole, ( is your name like - supercool ) I have noticed how the program reacts differently at log-in's. My game is not always saved.
When logging in, sometimes & sometimes not, it will send a logo to the taskbar. It didn't used to do that.

The game is not always saved when exited and logging in again.

I've posted twice, since the update 30/01, in the "Welcome to MC" discussion. Feb 2 was Groundhog day right? Well I had a groundhog day experience.
I exited the game and when I logged on again I had lost the day's progress and had to repeat what I had just done. I found it amusing but it just happened now.
Today, I "quoted" my own post under Welcome to MC.
Again amusing because I gifted 5 more times!!

A third time would not be amusing. So far I have lost only a day's progress, twice, and repeated it, twice
Hoping this is temporary. Please PM me if and when there is a fix. Thanks
datsalotta

I am PC Windows 7 - 383685 id code

mibs
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mibs on Feb 4, 15 11:13 PM
Hi have had a few days where MC has not closed down but it has just happened again but whereas last time it just took me back to the start of my session this time I lost money and diamonds not very happy about that as they were in the ones that I bought which I allow myself to do every few weeks if I have not saved enough Hope they fix this problem soon permanently

[Post New]by dacastello on Feb 5, 15 2:21 PM
Today the game is no longer returning any stamps from HOS. I have tried restarting the game, but no change. I assume a stamp is returned about every two or three HOS. I have received none after over 20 HOS. Any ideas?

sbaker2318
Manatee
Manatee
4,187 Posts

[Post New]by sbaker2318 on Feb 5, 15 3:00 PM
Dacastello.............the deal with this game is the more you have - the more you get.
So don't EVER run out of anything because then it takes forever for the game to start dropping them again.......if you are low on stamps etc., put them on your wish list and don't CRAFT anything until you get 20 - 30 of what you need....once you have a bunch then the game drops them...........then and only then you may craft.

mibs
Squid
Squid
66 Posts

[Post New]by mibs on Feb 6, 15 12:24 AM
Hi I have been shutting down regularly today to save my progress and I had only been playing for 15 to 20 minutes I had used some of my diamonds and money this time and I have lost then in this unexpected shut down it seems to only happen when I have used them not very happy please fix this and how do I get my gold and diamonds back

una88
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by una88 on Feb 6, 15 11:10 PM
This game has been initialized
I am a Korean gamer.
The game had been running well up to on the 14th.
Were carried out were initialized be running to play this game today.
Give me back my game level.

Not in order to start again from the beginning.
There was no change in the computer between 14 and 15.
Finally had the game in 14 days, 15 days in the morning was the first time you run this game.
Give me a solution!!!!

If you do not find a way to put returned intact
Please tell us how you can start from scratch

Games look at my complete quests and gameplay time is left intact and only start from level 1 level again.

ladyjake
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by ladyjake on Feb 8, 15 10:09 PM
My gifting is not going through. I click on a gift I would like to make, the usual response happens but no thank you card comes up, the number of gifts I have to give stays the same, and though I have tried again later, the results are pretty much the same. Is this just me or are others having this problem also? I am on Windows 7.

(edit) As of 6 am I was able to get those gifts to go through. Hopefully all is now well. Thank you BFG,

Edited on 02/09/2015 at 6:13:58 AM PST

[Post New]by vicqui on Feb 10, 15 2:43 AM
I keep going backwards! I had just finished level 22 when i had to find two more objects that i had alsready found. this has happened before and is very annoying. any ideas why this happens?

Beckster5569
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by Beckster5569 on Feb 11, 15 1:26 AM
Ok, this morning I had two quests open. I checked on both of them before starting my any HOS just to make sure what I was looking for. Only have a few minutes so I wanted to play the "right" HOS. On one I needed just an Eight Pointed Star by itself to finish the quest. On the other one I needed the spyglass from the bear in the tavern (2 - Eight Pointed Stars needed here) to finish that quest. I even looked at my Daily Quest and all I need for it was the Harps in Bloom and to Feed my Pet. So why did the Crypt give me a Murderer's Eye? Nothing that I have open even needs one of them. I was playing on my PC. I am also going to post this in the tech issues discussion and maybe someone can look into it. I don't think that I am the only one having this problem.

Go to: