Cazzle18
Guppy
Guppy
146 Posts

Re:Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove info and speculation!

[Post New]by Cazzle18 on Nov 25, 09 1:00 AM
it's 8.53am in the UK (and it's a sunny Autumn morning - makes a change from the heavy rain we had last night - feel so sorry for the families in North Yorkshire and Cumbria who have been flooded out of their homes ) - I am in the middle of downloading - well 74% through !!! Just wanted to say HAPPY THANKSGIVING to everyone in the US !! (I can't believe it's a year since I last wished the same !!) . My son can't wait to get home from school to play DG - but, he has Karate at 4pm - so maybe I might have chance to finish the game before he gets home !! My daughter is more anxious about how many sleeps it is till the advent calenders come out lol !!!
I have told my hubby I will not be moving from my chair today - I cleaned the kitchen from top to bottom yesterday (even rearranged all the cupboards) ...he stood there scratching his head for ages - wondering what I was up to !!! I will just feel a lot less guilty now lol !!!
Happy playing everyone
xx

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 25, 09 1:12 AM
Gee, leave it to Picman to release it early. It's 4am here and I just started my download. I'm at 15%.

jupiter51
Herring
Herring
383 Posts

[Post New]by jupiter51 on Nov 25, 09 1:13 AM
WOW!!!!!

The only other thing I have to say is:

I LOVE IT!!!

I just wish it wasn't so late and I wasn't so sleepy.

But I sure have something wonderful to look forward to in the morning!!

Thanks BF!!!!

[Post New]by flamebroiled on Nov 25, 09 1:15 AM
34% downloaded. Can't wait till its done.

Melunz36
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Melunz36 on Nov 25, 09 1:37 AM
firekat7 wrote:
Melunz36 wrote:YUP! Works just fine! Beginning was pretty awesome! Enjoy when you get there!

Thank you Melunz for taking precious time away from your game to let us know!

My pleasure, I love these games!

[Post New]by tsuptsup on Nov 25, 09 1:41 AM
I found it a little bit annoing that you cannot buy this exclusive vesion with game credits.

Now when every game is 6,99 for everyone - what are benefits for the club members? why to be a memeber?

tsuptsup
Club Member since 2006.

bedheadkg
Minnow
Minnow
221 Posts

[Post New]by bedheadkg on Nov 25, 09 1:44 AM
If you weren't a member then you wouldn't be able to buy the CE at all, it's an exclusive for members only. The standard version is out early Dec.

Dying of impatience here, left it downloading while I walked my daughter to nursery school and came back to find the internet had disconected at 12% so I'm now sitting waiting for it to finish.

100thMonkey
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by 100thMonkey on Nov 25, 09 1:57 AM
THIS GAME IS FANTASTIC (as expected!). It's almost 2am and I have to s l e e p but I am enjoying myself SO MUCH it's tempting to stay up all night. I'm not one of those fishies that can go real fast through it. I'm savoring every detail! Thank you so much, BFG, for your talent, humor and devilishness! Blessings,

[Post New]by jamminjan62 on Nov 25, 09 1:59 AM
Downloaded in about 30 minutes, and was pleased to note that it saved the progress I had made while in beta! However, now the hint button doesn't work . Going to sleep now, hoping it will self-correct while I sleep lol. Lots going on tomorrow, but I will look forward to readiing what everyone has to say. I LOVE THIS GAME!

[Post New]by smellnroses2 on Nov 25, 09 2:01 AM
does any 1 know when they will have the cd for DG available? i prefer to buy cd for all my games so will have to wait for it before can buy game

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Nov 25, 09 2:06 AM
nelliegemini wrote:

Its about 60 miles from Blackpool on the coast, right across Lancashire to Skipton in Yorkshire (Skipton was randomly picked so I could use the map on the laptop, I am thinking more Yorkshire Dales looking at the screenshots)..

I suppose in the overall scheme of things, taking into consideration the size of the USA, 60 miles may well be 'a township (small town/village) near Blackpool'.

That's true. I live in a small town which I identify, and consider, as being "near San Francisco" and it's 60 miles away.

Ha. That reminds me of a trip to England I took w/ husband and son in 1990. We decided to fly into Shannon, Ireland because I was afraid of terrorism (e.g. Lockerbie) and I was pretty sure that nobody would commit terrorism on a plane heading into the Republic of Ireland, given that they had been fighting against the English, with terrorists of their own, for centuries.

Shannon is on the west coast of Ireland. We had never been there. But looking at a map, it's only about 150 miles across Ireland from Shannon to Dublin. That's about a 2.5 hour drive here in California. Then you take a ferry across the water about 50 miles to Wales, and then it's another 150 miles or so to York, which was our destination. Given that you can easily drive from Sebastopol (my "village") to Los Angeles, which is about the same distance, in 5 or 6 hours (if you really push it on the freeway, which you do), we thought that since we landed at Shannon at 9 am, we could reach York by that night.

We waltzed up to the rental car counter and informed the woman that we were planning to drive the car to York by that evening. She gave us the strangest look. I didn't understand why...

...until we discovered that there is no freeway from Shannon to Dublin, at least not at that time. It was a 2-lane road (although treated as 3 lanes, since cars drove down the middle in order to pass the trucks which also use the same road). We got about 20 miles and stopped to spend the night. It's a long flight and we were really tired. We were also getting the idea that perhaps it wasn't going to be quite as easy to get to York as we had thought.

In the end, it took us 4 days. The roads in Ireland, Wales, and England are nothing like those in California. They are narrow and go through the middle of towns, cities, and villages. And of course every few miles there is some historical or beautiful spot worth seeing.

calsmom2001
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,785 Posts

[Post New]by calsmom2001 on Nov 25, 09 2:13 AM
WOO HOO!!! OK , I went to bed just before the flurry of posts about early D/Ling and at first I was bummed when I started reading them, thinking "Darn! I could have had this hours ago!". BUT, now I have had about 5 1/2 hours of sleep. Grab some breakfast, shoo my daughter out the door to work, and get busy! Can't WAIT (and almost don't have to!- YAY!).

Thank you Picman and !

See you all in the forums!

P.S., thanks for the answer Jananae, unfortunately I hit the wall pretty much immediately after posting the question

ETA: I'm a MINNOW!

Edited on 11/25/2009 at 2:14:03 AM PST

minxs
Clownfish
Clownfish
615 Posts

[Post New]by minxs on Nov 25, 09 2:14 AM
(continued because the forum thought my post was too long, and it probably is, but I'm downloading...)

We spent 3 nights in Ireland (1 near Shannon and 2 in Dublin) and 1 night in Chester, just over the border between England and Wales. We reached York late in the evening of the following day. So it was really 5 days, I suppose. And we should really have allowed twice that much time so as not to push ourselves and be able to stop at a few more places which we would have liked to see.

Actually, we went back twice more, once to England again and once staying in Ireland, to do more exploring.

So yeah, calling a village in York "near Blackpool" is pretty ridiculous given the reality of the situation on the ground, but US west-coasters can easily make that mistake because it's so fast driving up through California, Oregon, and Washington on the freeways we can use all the way here. You never have to pass through a town if you don't want to.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 2:15 AM
castellerin wrote:What time is it in Australia? Is anyone there playing yet lol

Seriously? You do realise it doesn't matter what physical numbered time it is, everybody gets the games at the same time? At 12.01am PST, it is 8.01am UK time and that's the time we can d/l.
Just making sure you understand time zones.

[Post New]by JanTheNan55 on Nov 25, 09 2:16 AM
Smellnroses you asked exactly what I came to ask so thank you.

My ISP would have a hissy fit if I downloaded something this big.

Thanks.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 2:24 AM
MsFreddie wrote:I thought this games was going to be around 600 megabytes and therefor available on back up CD. When I go to buy the game it says it's 943.78 kb (?) and it looks like it's too big for a backup CD. Can someone please confirm the situation cos I would love to have it on CD as well.

I know this has been cleared up now, but MB is BIGGER than KB! 1000 times bigger! So 600MB is 600,000KB.

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 2:51 AM
Poodlebear wrote:
calsmom2001 wrote:
1goodmom wrote:Hi Rose, where on the east coast are you? In in VA

Hi 1goodmom, I'm in the Boston area - 2 hrs 23 mins and counting!

Sorry guys, but it launches at 12:01 Midnight PACIFIC time, that's 5.25 hours from now.

I know PB, I can't understand how people struggle with this! 12.01am going by the time stamp on all forum posts! It's no different to any TGT launch.
It's now 2.50am PST. Look at the time stamp.

I really hope my game has d/l, it was on about 10% after 40 minutes d/l time. Started about 12.10am PST. It may have picked up as hubby should have quite his d/ls.

Edited on 11/25/2009 at 2:52:37 AM PST

bgoracke
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by bgoracke on Nov 25, 09 2:58 AM
i am already done with 4 chapters IT IS GREAT I LOVE IT and to
ROSE thank you very much for your help HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL IN THE POND

Purplerabbit
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
18,590 Posts

[Post New]by Purplerabbit on Nov 25, 09 3:07 AM
calsmom2001 wrote:
Rose427 wrote:
1goodmom wrote:Hi Rose, where on the east coast are you? In in VA

Hi 1goodmom, I live in Florida You probably have some nice cold weather in VA! I would love some cold weather here. Later on in my life, instead of moving to Florida for retirement, I will be moving out of Fl

Move here, that should take care of any longing for cold weather

Or to the UK!

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 25, 09 3:09 AM
I just finished the game and wanted to post for all those on the fence about buying the CE or waiting until December. It took me 5hrs and 52min to beat the game so go from there on if the CE is worthwhile for you. It was fun and spooky and definately replayable. Just wanted to let anyone who was interested know!

Edited on 11/25/2009 at 3:10:39 AM PST

Go to: