Cjb58
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

Level 24

[Post New]by Cjb58 on Jan 21, 13 7:49 AM
Please, I really help with this level. I have tried getting everything my people would need first. Built 3 houses, then when they reached the max, I built 3 more. I still can't seem to get any further. My games usually freezes and I need to start over. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have been playing this level for days. I look all the time at the posts and have gotten suggestions for earlier levels.

hyperbole
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

Level 24

[Post New]by hyperbole on Jan 21, 13 2:56 PM
Cjb58 wrote:Please, I really help with this level. I have tried getting everything my people would need first. Built 3 houses, then when they reached the max, I built 3 more. I still can't seem to get any further. My games usually freezes and I need to start over. Any help would be so greatly appreciated. I have been playing this level for days. I look all the time at the posts and have gotten suggestions for earlier levels.

I've been following the same formula for most of the game and it hasn't failed me yet (I'm just about to tackle level 29).

First, some building tips:

1. The only thing that needs to be connected to your main road is your Trade House. Everything else can be tucked away in some far off field. Your Harbor doesn't need to be connected to anything but water.

2. Your production buildings only need to be connected to prefectures and any warehouse, not to each other, so you can have several unconnected production sites if that seems easier for you.

3. Homes are useless for anything other than reaching your level goal. Build them last.

4. You can never have too many prefectures.

I start by building a Trade House or (if I can) Harbor. I then build a prefecture, warehouse, and whatever production buildings will earn me the most in trade. As I trade I build more production buildings and prefectures. By the time I'm ready to start building my actual "city", I have a large area of support buildings, a good cash income from trade, and thousands in built up supplies. Then I just put down the needed city buildings in a grid and put the houses down last around the outside of the grid. Lately, I've been building two grids and surrounding them with houses just to make sure that all of the houses are close enough to all of the buildings.

For level 24 try fulfilling the wine goal first, then grapes, and before you build your houses you should be able to send Rome the money it wants. The higher the level of the house, the more resources it uses so it really is worth it to just wait and build them all at the end.

Hope this helps.

Go to: