robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

Finished Big Family (6 wolf collections) Quest!

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 21, 13 9:11 PM
Finally! Finished the Big Family quest. It took 230 wolves.

So I would say if you feel discouraged by this one, ignore the quest and focus on the banish 300 wolves achievement. It's easier to see progress, and the quest should come automatically as you work towards the achievement.

Robin

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

Re:Finished Big Family (6 wolf collections) Quest!

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Jan 21, 13 10:25 PM
Wow! WTG!

euphoria
Herring
Herring
386 Posts

[Post New]by euphoria on Jan 21, 13 11:00 PM
I have a feeling that quest will be the last one I get done (along with the silly Vampire costume - there's always something better to spend my gift boxes on)!

Adevar
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Adevar on Jan 22, 13 4:03 AM
Awesome!

What does everyone think regarding what gives you more "bang for your buck" in going after the wolves: spending 1000 on hunters which can drop horns, arrows and clay tablets, or saving up for the 2500 horn?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 22, 13 6:47 AM
Adevar wrote:Awesome!

What does everyone think regarding what gives you more "bang for your buck" in going after the wolves: spending 1000 on hunters which can drop horns, arrows and clay tablets, or saving up for the 2500 horn?

I think different people will have different preferences, because it will depend in part on which frustrates you more!

I went for Hunters up until I was at Level 40 and still had a lot of other Quests going and had not yet earned the Shopaholic Achievement, since that way I was buying twice as many things.

Once I had the Shopaholic achievement and the 4th level of the banish Hunters achievement (Friend of Native Americans), I switched to buying horns to banish Wolves.

But that's just me, I get a lot of satisfaction out of the Achievements and I don't mind a Quest hanging around for months.

Robin

p.s. the hunter may also drop blood which you need to get into the Castle, so that was helpful when I had other quests requiring Castle visits.

Edited on 01/22/2013 at 9:40:31 AM PST

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Jan 22, 13 7:22 AM
Congratulations

I've also been playing the camp since it sometimes gives you a horn for the wolf. Still working on my 1st wolf collection. Need one more item.

[Post New]by crazybluegirl200 on Jan 22, 13 8:25 AM
My hunters do not give out horns yet. I can only get horns from the camp site. It took me forever to charge my first big family. I'm confident it will take almost 300 wolves for 6.

UPDATE: Apparently my hunters have horns I don't want to know how long because now I feel like and idiot.

Edited on 01/22/2013 at 8:29:56 AM PST

[Post New]by Catstevens6 on Jan 22, 13 10:52 AM
I've finally done it too. Took me 207 wolves banished. Now only have 3 quests left, one of which is 10 bunches of keys collections - I've managed 2 so far. So who knows when that will be complete??????

jcpowers1
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by jcpowers1 on Jan 24, 13 11:05 AM
The keys take a long time also. The hardest to get are the fire key (UFO) and the ghost key (vampires castle). I am now just waiting for my last ghost key and have been in the castle a lot with no luck. Also the tool box is hard since The Camp does not give out measuring tapes and you need them to finish the quest. I miss the other locations since I have been trying to get the final pieces.

Matahari24
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,046 Posts

[Post New]by Matahari24 on Jan 24, 13 8:43 PM
You see, it is different for everyone. Ghost and fire keys were very easy for me, whereas heavenly and water keys gave me a hard time.

[Post New]by DebbiW on Jan 25, 13 4:48 AM
I can't even get the wolves to give up anything useful for the Big Family collection! I've banished dozens of wolves but still haven't finished the first collection. Sounds like there is no trick to it - just keep going?

robin94122
Salmon
Salmon
2,810 Posts

[Post New]by robin94122 on Jan 25, 13 7:34 AM
DebbiW wrote:I can't even get the wolves to give up anything useful for the Big Family collection! I've banished dozens of wolves but still haven't finished the first collection. Sounds like there is no trick to it - just keep going?

Yes, just keep going. If you click on ACHIEVEMENTS on the right side of the screen, you'll see that one of the achievements has to do with banishing wolves. So that will shoq you an exact count of how many wolves you've banished since you started the game. There are 5 levels of prizes for the achievement. So if you focus on the achievement, you'll see progress with each wolf banished, and you'll collect the items for the Quest at the same time without the frustration factor.

Robin

[Post New]by Catstevens6 on Jan 25, 13 8:24 AM
jcpowers1 wrote: Also the tool box is hard since The Camp does not give out measuring tapes and you need them to finish the quest. I miss the other locations since I have been trying to get the final pieces.

That is one of my 3 final quests I have left. Getting a bit bored now, as keep exploring the same few places over and over again with no luck. If no new quests or achievements are added at the next update I don't think I'll be playing much longer.

Adevar
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Adevar on Jan 31, 13 4:35 AM
I finished it too, after banishing 193 wolves. Seems like it's taking everyone somewhere around 200 to get it done.

[Post New]by Squiffy1909 on Feb 6, 13 1:24 PM
I've finally finished it after 240 wolves.
Now just the keys, super computer and repair set to get rid of!

MaryLiLamb
Guppy
Guppy
164 Posts

[Post New]by MaryLiLamb on Feb 24, 13 2:43 PM
This quest ended up taking 201 wolves for me.

SirMitch
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by SirMitch on May 1, 13 12:29 PM
Squiffy1909 wrote:I've finally finished it after 240 wolves.
Now just the keys, super computer and repair set to get rid of!

It's interesting how much this game varies from one player to another. I finally finished this quest but it took me exactly 300 wolves to get that final item.

[Post New]by stickykeef on May 4, 13 7:13 PM
I've finished it with 230 wolves!
Now I only got 7 keys, 3 machines and a Sledgehammer to go...
Of course with new quests, thanks for the update.

I keep changing my avatar for floaters, entry items, collection items and so on.
Give me some blood...

[Post New]by Cer214 on May 22, 13 11:46 AM
I would suggest waiting until a quest for the hunting horns appear. This makes them appear almost every time you exchange with hunters or play the camp location. That definitely helped me beat that quest. Now 8 more keys 4 machines and 3 tool boxes

Go to: