Quick Thank You to All the Reviewers

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Jan 22, 13 6:11 AM
I'd just live to thank Valdy, sassie, and all of the reviewers for their hard work. Due to slow DSL it take quite a while to download a game and you save me a lot of time by rooting out the real turkeys.

Gojira2006
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,183 Posts

Re:Quick Thank You to All the Reviewers

[Post New]by Gojira2006 on Jan 22, 13 6:42 AM
I rely on my own judgment concerning games . . .

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Quick Thank You to All the Reviewers

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 22, 13 8:36 AM
Old_Man_River wrote:I'd just live to thank Valdy, sassie, and all of the reviewers for their hard work. Due to slow DSL it take quite a while to download a game and you save me a lot of time by rooting out the real turkeys.

Thank you, OMR. I enjoy writing reviews, and if they help some gamers to make up their minds, then it's an extra plus for me.

Have a beautiful day.

Valdy

--- --- ---

And Gojira... I too only rely on my own judgement. But there are some people who can only download a limited amount of MBs each month, and rely on reviews to see if the trial is even worth downloading.

And then there are those people who prefer to first see what the majority of reviewers think of a game before making up their minds to download or not to download.

For example, if the reviews all state that there are a lot of HOS in a game, then those peeps who hate a lot of HOS in a game will often not even bother to download the game. Not everyone wants to just rely on their own judgement.

Take care.

Valdy

gbo1
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,979 Posts

[Post New]by gbo1 on Jan 22, 13 9:04 AM
Hello, Old_Man_River, Gojira, and Valdy

I want to add my thanks and gratitude to all the fantastic reviewers. I never download or play a game before I read all the reviews. I've been here since January 2008 and I've learned long ago how to judge a game from the reviews. The reviews help me make the decision "do I need to demo this today?" I've found a system that works for me.

Thanks to the great detailed reviews I will not be downloading this game. Since I started with HO MCF: Prime Suspects (it's great) I've become enthralled with the HOPA's. A lot of HO scenes now only break my concentration and slow down the game. I do like the HO's that are highly interactive. They're like little mini puzzle games. I've over 35 unplayed games. I just don't need this.

To all my fellow fishies who love numerous HO scenes have a fun time playing this game. I personally love the art I saw in the screen shots.

Keep swimmng, swimming, swimming. . .

gbo

Edited on 01/22/2013 at 9:05:28 AM PST

steelerlady1
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by steelerlady1 on Jan 22, 13 9:16 AM
I hafta say Thanks too!!! You guys otta be Professionals!!!!!!!!!(well you are in my book anyway!)

Paige63
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by Paige63 on Jan 22, 13 9:32 AM
I also read all the reviews. If a game is rated highly, I will always try it. If it gets a majority of bad reviews then I know it's not a game I would enjoy. Thank you to all of you who take the time to write comprehensive reviews. I appreciate it!

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

[Post New]by linda43416 on Jan 22, 13 9:57 AM
I also would like to thank the people that take the time and effort to write such great reviews. There are some that I always rely on because there is such a great mix of different ways of looking at a game, and i get that with those fishes. I still in the end use my judgement as well, but their reviews help me tremendously in deciding whether to purchase game, wait for an se instead of buying the ce, that sort of thing! Never buy a game without checking the reviews, so all your work is really appreciated here.

Bpup
Manatee
Manatee
3,891 Posts

[Post New]by Bpup on Jan 22, 13 9:59 AM
Count me in with the crowd thanking the regular reviewers. I've always read the game reviews here in the forum before I buy a game. When I was on a slower internet connection, downloading the demo wasn't a realistic option so I learned to pay attention to reviewers whose taste in games seemed to be similar to my own. While I always make up my own mind regarding games - and I have liked games that the majority of reviewers have disliked - I've found that the reviews give me good clues as to whether or not the game is likely to appeal to me.

In addition, the information provided by the reviewers regarding the CE games definitely does at times help me to decide whether or not it is worth buying, or if I can wait for the SE version without losing anything important in the gameplay.

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Jan 22, 13 12:20 PM
I agree with Bpup, these reviews help me to decide a, do I want to download and b, CE or SE? I also make sure to check out the tech thread, if a game has a lot of glitches I usually wait for a fix. It is also nice to know what a game is about, sometimes the *official* description is inaccurate. Thank you to everyone who takes the time to try these games and then write a review, your efforts are very much appriciated!

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Jan 22, 13 12:50 PM
You guys are all welcome. I hope you are enjoying the game as much as I am. And if I can help more please don't hesitate to ask.

Sassy

tejasgal
Manatee
Manatee
4,062 Posts

[Post New]by tejasgal on Jan 22, 13 3:06 PM
To add my 2 cents worth here: I appreciate the reviews. I always read them to see if I want to try a game. I may or may not always agree with the reviews, but they DO help. Valdy, I usally agree with your reviews and always look for yours, since I can count on it to be fair and cover all the important stuff.
We are lucky to have a free and open forum to state what we think of a game.
When I review, usually add that others should try it for themselves, if I don't care for it. That's why there are so many different types of games. Each to their own
Thanks again for all the great reviews and keep it up.

[Post New]by chatton531 on Jan 22, 13 5:05 PM
I rarely post, but, I too would lie to thank all of the reviewers, particularly Valdy...I always look first for Valdy's reviews and then I'm pretty sure what I'm going to experiece, Thank you all!

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Jan 23, 13 12:10 PM
Reviews do help but I always check out the tech problems as well as reviews then I play and decide. Every little bit helps in seeing if the game has snags after the trial period.

KatzRKaren
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by KatzRKaren on Jan 26, 13 7:44 AM
I, too, would like to thank Valdy, and all the reviewers for the time and effort in writing their reviews and giving us their opinion. I have been with Big Fish since 2008. I really think the IRS should allow me to count BFG as a dependent as I spend so much money each year downloading games! I have come to trust the reviewers. Of course, everyone can decide for themselves. Play on Fishies.....

aalaurie
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by aalaurie on Jan 28, 13 12:42 PM
KatzRKaren wrote:I, too, would like to thank Valdy, and all the reviewers for the time and effort in writing their reviews and giving us their opinion. I have been with Big Fish since 2008. I really think the IRS should allow me to count BFG as a dependent as I spend so much money each year downloading games! I have come to trust the reviewers. Of course, everyone can decide for themselves. Play on Fishies.....

My sentiments exactly! BFG definitely needs dependent status with the IRS. I once got a call from my credit union asking if these were my purchases!!!!!

Since then I have slowed down, but I have many, many games to play! It is a wonderful form of entertainment. The reviews are a lifeline to what is chosen. I do depend on certain reviewers that like the games I like. This helps tremendously! Thank you all a hundred times over for your great help!

cbellcrm
Clownfish
Clownfish
818 Posts

[Post New]by cbellcrm on Jan 29, 13 4:12 AM
A special thanks to Valdy who always takes the time to see how long the hint and skip buttons take to charge.

I have a few hard and fast runs when it comes to game purchases. I never purchase a game if it takes more than six clicks to exit the game. I never purchase a timed game if it takes more than one click to pause it. I never purchase a game with a hint or skip button that takes more than 60 seconds to recharge. I really dislike being told I can't play the game I paid for, especially since it is usually due to their poor graphics or vocabulary. While waiting on the hint button to recharge, I spend the time imagining I have an assault rifle and am at their company headquarters. I see no reason for a recharging button in casual mode. If anyone has a clue why they do this, please enlighten me. It seems solely designed to insult their customers.

So even if I don't read the reviews, I scan down to Valdy's to see the timing of the darn hint button before I download.

candycreme
Clownfish
Clownfish
548 Posts

[Post New]by candycreme on Jan 31, 14 1:12 PM
I have not posted in a long time but I cannot pass the opportunity of thanking all the reviewers ,they do a fabulous job and I cannot image buying a game without at least having an idea of what the game is about from someone who has played or have an idea about the game ,I rely on them for information about hints maps, lengths skips and any other info I can get ..so.......Thanks a million reviewers and keep up the good work

BlackWaterRules
Shark
Shark
10,153 Posts

[Post New]by BlackWaterRules on Jan 31, 14 10:58 PM
Even though I demo every game and form my own opinion
I wanted to thank all the reviewers for their input.
It's good to know what other people think about the game
especially since most reviewers may notice things that I don't.

So I also wanted to thank all the reviewers.

Go to: