SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

How do you play?

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jan 22, 13 8:46 AM
I'm not used to trying a game here with no instruction whatsoever. I assume you had to play the previous 2 versions of this game to know how to play this one? The first puzzle comes up and I have no idea what I'm doing. The question mark on the title screen leads to no where and I find no instructions within the mini-game itself. I find myself clicking random buttons without any idea on what I'm supposed to be doing. A little blurb of instruction wouldn't go amiss. I don't want to spend coins to have the game played for me so I can figure it out.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:How do you play?

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 22, 13 11:30 AM
I haven't tried the others either and I agree it's a weird set up. I figured out that with the page with the beakers you then select what page you want in that grid then go to bottom and there is a big enter key hitting that brings you to a puzzle and to get info on the puzzle hit the F1 key.

It's a shame as I like puzzle games that are varied but the interface of it, is annoying maybe one day I might like it or get it or try it again but not today.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Jan 23, 13 2:10 AM
I agree, the interface of this series isn't user-friendly. But I enjoyed the first PW and was glad to see this new one come out yesterday. However, the new "anagram" puzzle had me stumped. I managed to find the instructions but that didn't help at all. No matter what I tried, I couldn't make any of the words fit into the graph. If anyone knows the secret, please explain. In the meantime, it's a no-sale for me. A big disappointment ..................

Edited to add: I went ahead and bought the game, after all, and am loving it! Lots of variety.

Edited on 01/29/2013 at 4:34:28 PM PST

IBmeWhoU
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

[Post New]by IBmeWhoU on Jan 23, 13 10:19 AM
There are instructions for each puzzle in the ? box or as you click on each number there is an explanation to the right of the "enter" or "start" button. I was hoping for more detailed information .. for instance.. a picture to tell me this is how you play this instead of trial and error to get through them.

[Post New]by kit_meer on Jan 24, 13 7:25 AM
the lower case i is the information button

i = information in this puzzle game

click on the puzzle but not open into the game just a single click

then go down to the bottom of the page

click the i use the arrow buttons to scroll up and down the game information things

click the one you want

then click the up and down arrows when each information page opens as there is usually further instructions below

Kit

Go to: