bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any The Lake House: Children of Silence technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 23, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Error Message 4 or 5

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jan 23, 13 8:27 AM
I have tried to download this game and it stops loading. I have uninstalled and re-installed game manager. I have tried downloading it from IE and Firefox. Does anyone have a solution?

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

Re:Post any The Lake House: Children of Silence technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 23, 13 9:07 AM
Hey there Sante001,

I'm sorry to hear that the game isn't loading properly!

This help article here has some tips and tricks that you're welcome to try out to help with that.

Also please be sure to get in touch with Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. They'll work with you directly to help figure that out!

Just click here and submit an email to reach them. Live Chat Support is also available Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST if you're a Big Fish Game Club member.

Hope this is helpful!

bfgIzara

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 23, 13 9:09 AM
Hi Sante

Sometimes it's best to just leave it for, say, half an hour, and then try again. I had the odd stops at downloads from time to time, and always waited for a little while to try again, after which the games in question downloaded just fine.

If all that doesn't help, click on that green envelope at the right, and contact Customer Services. They may be able to help you.

Sante001
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
428 Posts

Solution That Worked

[Post New]by Sante001 on Jan 23, 13 12:21 PM
Hello All,

My solution was to pemporarily disable both my firewall and protection. This seemed to work.

This is the first time that I had to do this for Big Fish Games. We will see if this will be an ongoing problem.

-- Sante

[Post New]by grannyto20 on Feb 20, 13 10:42 AM
my game flickers thru the hidden object scenes and sometimes dissappears dont tell me to change comp settings i did and still no go

SueDee67
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by SueDee67 on Jun 28, 13 7:40 AM
I have the same problem as Sante001 does and it is an ongoing problem for me.
I have ESET and it just is not working well with Big Fish. A pain.

[Post New]by Patchbear on Jul 22, 13 12:40 AM
Seems to be a bug with the helium balloon in bonus chapter. Have filled it and used string (fuse) but it still says now tie it with string and I cannot pick up the balloon.

[Post New]by HopeReturns on Sep 21, 13 4:50 PM
I downloaded the free trial and after playing it for about 30-40 minutes, I bought the game. It redownloaded and my status says activated. However, shortly after continuing the game, I reached the point in the fisherman's house where it says "thanks for playing the demo version of the game". I tried redownloading but again it says activated and I get the same error. Any thoughts?

[Post New]by sofyaya on Oct 20, 13 6:43 AM
Hi, I am playing on a mac, and my problem is:

I played the trial version until the screen where you have to pay to go further came up.
I paid for the game and the screen said I had successfully paid in the app (I had to restart the application though as initially it said it had failed.
I then went on and tried to continue playing but I could not use the magnifying glass to click on anything, and the bit down the bottom (with the tip button, inventory and book) had disappeared.
I can still navigate around places but I can't actually do anything. I have reset the game and my computer but nothing changes.

Thank you, I hope to hear from you soon. I just paid for the game and can't continue!

Go to: