Mossy224
Lobster
Lobster
80 Posts

Quit game on Mac

[Post New]by Mossy224 on Jan 23, 13 9:27 AM
Using a Mac I cannot pause game using the mouse. How can I quit game without having to use esc button?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Quit game on Mac

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 3:35 AM
Hi Mossy224,

Great question!

I have done some research and I can see that for the PC and Mac version of this game, the escape key on your keyboard is the only way of exiting the game.

When you do that, a dialog box should appear giving you the option to return to game, go to main menu, or view help.

And I am copying a quote from another Fishie about the game mechanics below, in case that helps too:

louinator wrote:To get Hyperballoid 2 to pause on my mac, I had to press Command/Tab, then click once on game screen to bring up options menu. Hope this helps... I lost a lot of lives figuring this one out!

I hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 3:35:47 AM PST

[Post New]by 75snow on Apr 3, 13 8:02 AM
I play on a Macbook pro with Lion. Same problem: the esc key will not work. I can not quit this game. Also, the "cursor" (or whatever it is) at the bottom of the screen will not fully travel to the left side of the screen. Must be a bug with Macs. makes the game unplayable.

[Post New]by Serf2CavSpaniel on Dec 28, 13 9:41 AM
I play this on my 4 yr old iMac running OSX 10.6.8 and found it simple to pause/quit without forfeiting my game by doing this: Use a cheapie, PC style, two-button, USB mouse and simply right-click to pause or exit your game. Works like a charm! HTH.

Go to: