LadyFaiel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

Fisherman will not take boot

[Post New]by LadyFaiel on Jan 23, 13 9:39 PM
Do I have a glitch or something? The fisherman will not take the boot to give me the fish for the antidote. I have the boot in my hand and click on the fisherman and it keeps telling me my detective skills are wrong. What am I missing here?

DragonLadyOz
Shark
Shark
12,214 Posts

Re:Fisherman will not take boot

[Post New]by DragonLadyOz on Jan 23, 13 10:48 PM
Hi there LadyFaiel,
Yep, most of us thought he needed a boot, but you give the fisherman the recipe note first and then he will ask for the boot.
Cheers

[Post New]by BlackKnight_UK on Jan 25, 13 11:26 AM
Thanks for that, just had a cry for help from my other-half, she thought it was a bug and started the game again, only to find the same problem.

She's playing something else now but as soon as I told her your reply she said "oh yes!"

LadyFaiel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by LadyFaiel on Jan 25, 13 9:26 PM
DragonLadyOz wrote:Hi there LadyFaiel,
Yep, most of us thought he needed a boot, but you give the fisherman the recipe note first and then he will ask for the boot.
Cheers

Thank you so much!

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Jan 26, 13 12:56 AM
It is a little confusing, especially if you are following the strategy guide. On page 32 it has you give the antidote recipe to the fisherman, then it has you do at least 2 more pages of tasks before you find and give the boot to him.

[Post New]by hoopstar on Feb 12, 13 6:23 AM
I did give the recipe to the fisherman and it is in the journel. THE FISHERMAN WENT TO SLEEP AND WILL NOT TAKE THE BOOT

WilJul
Stingray
Stingray
5,670 Posts

[Post New]by WilJul on Feb 13, 13 4:30 AM
hoopstar wrote:I did give the recipe to the fisherman and it is in the journel. THE FISHERMAN WENT TO SLEEP AND WILL NOT TAKE THE BOOT

Hi hoopstar! Welcome to the pond!
I'm sorry you're having this trouble! This may possibly be a glitch. There are a couple of folks in this thread: http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/235441.page having the same problem as you. (Copy and paste the URL in your browser.) Also at least one person reported it in the tech thread. The moderator's advice was to try uninstalling then reinstalling your game. If that doesn't work go ahead and get in touch with tech support.

To see how to uninstall/reinstall a game copy and paste this URL:
http://bigfishgames.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/492/kw/uninstall%20reinstall%20game

To reach tech support you can click on the green envelope to the right of these posts. When you get to the next page, look in the left column for "Still need Help? Contact us" and click on that to get to the report page.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

obo12
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
2 Posts

[Post New]by obo12 on Feb 25, 13 12:10 PM
i´ve been having the same issue, now i know thanks!!

Go to: