[Post New]by peglegann on Jan 24, 13 6:45 AM
I have not had the chance to try this yet but please leave your comments

Imberis
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,263 Posts

Re:Comment for Surface: The Soaring City Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Imberis on Jan 24, 13 7:30 AM
The reviews in the reviews thread all say pretty much what I'd have to say. I do like this game way, way more than the last couple of Elephant Games games. The story starts out a little boring, but it gets better pretty quickly.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jan 24, 13 7:31 AM
it is a good game and im sure you will like it.......................

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Jan 24, 13 8:03 AM
Where is my will power?. Summoning my willpower........ please come forth. I was not going to buy any more CE's but then this game comes along and I really like it. There seems to be a lot to do, and not very many Hos (so far), and the two I came across were fun. I think of the 3 prior surface games this is my favorite. No one does it better than Elephant games. .......ok I just talked myself in to it, and am off to buy. Woo Hoo.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Jan 24, 13 9:03 AM
Pretty good game. As someone else posted, no big challenge, but it is fun to play.

I thought this was neat - when I was going to back track into an area, the game told me that I needed to go forward now to accomplish the goal. I could of used the map, or a hint, but it had my best gaming interests at heart.

I am with you mhatfie, no will power....I have been trying to stay away from CE's, but with no real game to play, this one wore me down. Especially since it is by these dev's and has the extra's, like collectables and achievements.

My biggest complaint of late is getting a game that has no real adventure to it...just HO's to fill up a time span of gaming with a bit' of adventure thrown it to try to keep your interest. This game seems to be pretty balanced in regards to that, in addition the HO's are somewhat interactive, the puzzles are easy enough and have a good variety.

All in all, I would say at least give this a demo.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 24, 13 9:07 AM
I'm loving it, not so far as much as the first one and not played enough to know if better than the second one (I'm *fixing the air ballon*) as they have never with surface games put the extras in the SE have no problem buying it and even if they do (which I very much doubt it) I don't mind as I love this series of games and want to play the bonus.

The only thing I'd say is by trying to make the file size small so everybody can download it, some cut scenes have gone pixelated but you could tell the original uncompressed scenes were good. I love that the collectables are not as easy as noise she couldn't make which were so obvious.

I don't know what they are doing re puzzles as every single one has either been super easy or easy but let's hope they change that soon!

edit
- Actually if the extras would be available in the SE I'd think twice against buying the CEs so I do take that bit back I really don't think they will be which is why I bought it.

Edited on 01/24/2013 at 9:49:49 AM PST

spenny1
Catfish
Catfish
1,637 Posts

[Post New]by spenny1 on Jan 24, 13 12:18 PM
Well it seems we had a bit of a rough run on the CEs for a while, but Big Fish and Elephant have certainly been making up for it in the last week or so. I especially love my CEs to have achievements and collectibles. Now, can I wait for my GCC in a few days, or will I succumb to purchasing sooner? It would seem Elephant can do no wrong at the moment, long may it continue

Edited on 01/24/2013 at 12:19:34 PM PST

[Post New]by questo on Jan 24, 13 8:12 PM
It is a fantastic game. One of the best ce's in a long time. Loved the story line, loved the easy transition from scene to scene and overall it was a very interesting game. Congrats to BF. Highly recommended

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 25, 13 10:52 AM
Beautiful game, I think I like it even better than the first two. The graphics are amazing, definitely top of the line, excellent story, beautiful music, well acted and fun bonuses.

I have to laugh at the live actors though... they keep talking much longer than they would if they were speaking English. I'm assuming they're originally speaking in Russian or some other Slavic language... are words longer or something?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 25, 13 12:04 PM
I edited my comments about the puzzles as I am now replaying it and realised now viewing it differently I was a bit unfair in my earlier remarks in the light of this.

I have the last screenshot in the main game as my screensaver *sunset is stunning*. I have a big curser in the middle of it, so now replaying it I have to remember to take it again.

Sprattie
Herring
Herring
315 Posts

[Post New]by Sprattie on Jan 25, 13 6:45 PM
This is the first demo in ages that made me actually want to buy the game. I'm not much of a CE buyer but there does not seem to be a negative comment anywhere about the bonus game which is a first.

From the demo, I've encountered some interesting (but not very challenging) puzzles with clear instructions (woo hoo, that's a first). The HOs are fairly brief and painless although I needed a hint to find teeny objects.

The cutscenes were interesting and I actually sat through them for the first time. Yes, the characters are speaking Russian or Polish and the English is dubbed as well as they could do it. The comments and captions were literate and occasionally witty, with some awkward vocabulary and phrasing ("Call me precious, but I need a seat" and "he cut off his nose despite his face") that caused me some head-scratching.

Call me precious, but I think I may purchase this game. I don't want to cut off my nose despite my face.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Jan 26, 13 3:40 AM
Hello precious.

pvsquare
Guppy
Guppy
177 Posts

[Post New]by pvsquare on Jan 26, 13 6:20 PM
Elephant is one of my favorite devs. What can I say that has not already been commented by fellow fishes not much. This is a very good game. What a buy!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Jan 26, 13 10:58 PM
This was one of the best games I've played in a long time. The graphics, story and bonus chapter were all what made this CE so great.

My "only" real complaint is that BIG hint button that I kept hitting while trying to click on an item in the hidden object scenes.

shripch
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,952 Posts

[Post New]by shripch on Jan 27, 13 6:50 PM
this game is just incredible! Each scene is packed with delightful images, the colors and detail almost overwhelming. I just sit and stare as each new moment unfolds and find myself savoring the moment. The Nutcracker came close to this for me, but this is exceptional.
Does anyone else feel this way about this game? Yeah, I guess from some of the other comments that I am not alone. Good feeling!

Debby5322
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by Debby5322 on Feb 22, 13 1:00 PM
I love this game and the puzzles are just great and are easy to do I've been playing in the hard mode for the last 2 days like it the best !!

Go to: