bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

UPDATE! New PC version available! February 28, 2013

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Jan 24, 13 11:42 AM
Hey there Fishies,

Good news! There's now an update available for the PC version of Ancient Rome 2!

This new version:

1. Reduces the number of fires and adds hints
2. Automatically saves levels
3. Adds a Sandbox free play level (available next to the 'villa' button after six tutorial levels)
4) Fixes text and font sizes in certain parts of the game

The update is available in the Game Manager or by uninstalling and reinstalling the game. Feel free to take a look at the following help article for some specific instructions:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If there are any questions or further issues please don't hesitate to contact Customer Support. To reach them, just click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

Happy gaming!

bfgIzara

Edited on 02/28/2013 at 1:31:02 PM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available! January 24, 2013

[Post New]by Valdy on Jan 25, 13 2:09 PM
Oh great!! I was just checking the list of updates for this month, and saw the one for this game.

I am really glad that there are less fires, and that it automatically saves levels (so we don't have to play a whole level through?), AND we get a sandbox to play in!!

That's more like it. Off to install the new version.

[Post New]by 27colleen on Jan 26, 13 12:42 AM
Yipee!!
Of too play for 2e time!!!

1941grandma
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by 1941grandma on Jan 26, 13 12:04 PM
It's fun now, insread of a bind! I have had a couple of days of playing the new version, and it is great to know that I am not stuck on a level for 2 hours straight

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Jan 26, 13 2:38 PM
... Y I P P E E ! ! ! ...

Thank you for listening devs, the save option is really gratefully received and I am sure I will enjoy playing in the sandbox .

I am also sure that all my prefectures will enjoy having more leisure time and not having to buy so many pairs of running shoes and that my soldiers will enjoy living for a few days longer .

I loved the game before but these additions will mean that my cake has icing on .

pp p
pp
p
p

pp

p pp ppp
p
pp
pp p

▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇ ▇

The chocolate is for non drinkers

I wonder why the Game Manager didn't notify me that an update was available?

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Jan 26, 13 8:03 PM
Wonderful! Thank you, devs, for a sandbox!

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Jan 27, 13 9:36 AM
Many thanks to Lyndy for the heads up.
Like Cherb I wonder why my GM didn't alert me. I even manually ran it to see if it would pick it up and it didn't. I was never bothered by the amount of fires but the save and sandbox is a BIG plus!
Ah well...

...off to build Rome!

Happy Gaming!

HemiGamer
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by HemiGamer on Jan 27, 13 10:23 AM
Thank you much from me also. I quit playing and was waiting for this update. I'm planning to start building immediately. Thanks again devs for listening.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Re:UPDATE! New PC version available! February 28, 2013

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 28, 13 1:30 PM
Hi Fishies,

Great news! We have another update for you.

This new version fixes the issues some players were having with the auto save not working correctly. You are also able to save progress on all levels simultaneously.

As before, you can get the newest version by uninstalling and reinstalling your game. Here's the link to our help article with more information on how to do this:

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game

If you have any problems with the game, please contact our Tech Support Team and they'll be happy to help. Just click on the green on the right to get to our help pages, and if you still need assistance, click Contact Us on the bottom-left of the screen to submit a help ticket.

Happy gaming!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: