Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

How do you change the game difficulty?

[Post New]by Katie318 on Jan 24, 13 3:40 PM
How do you change the game difficulty? The only time I've been able to select "hard" was when a box popped up in the middle of a game in the Original category.

BTW, I see this question has been asked before, but the answer made no sense. SO--I'll ask it again and hope for a more clear response!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:How do you change the game difficulty?

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 5:08 AM
Hi Katie318,

After doing some research it would seem that by clicking Esc this will bring up a dialog box that will allow you to access the game options, including the chance to change your difficulty level.

If this doesn't help and you feel like you might be experiencing a tech issue, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Jan 26, 13 7:59 AM
I very much appreciate the response, but on a Macintosh the "escape" key reduces the screen from full screen to windowed. The Game Options may be accessed by either a button on the Main screen or hitting the right mouse button, but there is no control within Options to change the difficulty.

If no one else has a solution, I will try Tech Support on Monday. Thanks again.

narf99
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

[Post New]by narf99 on Jan 26, 13 10:11 AM
I have a Mac to and esc key doesn't work. The graphics are so good for this game, you'd think in designing the mechanics of the game someone would have designed an option for changing difficulty level after you'd played once.
This is a real drawback in liking this game.

Katie318
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Katie318 on Jan 26, 13 2:33 PM
I now think it was a programming error when they ported it to Unix/Mac. It seems as though there would be an easy fix though. I agree, the game is a very good one but suffers from the lack of difficulty control.

[Post New]by kevinburk on Aug 24, 13 1:15 PM
Has this not been addressed yet? There doesn't seem to be any way to change the game difficulty or to access the "editor" feature on the Mac Version.

Go to: