yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

Re:Today's Daily Deal...January 25, 2013

[Post New]by yowzasma on Jan 25, 13 8:24 AM
joyce2121 & gingergirl described what I couldn't find words for
I bought the CE of this and loved it !
My 'puter had problems with it and I did the 'green envlope' with Dr. Felix report and Big Fish responded quickly but loving this game I just had to play it without further trouble shooting.
I read BF Tech articles and switched to 'run as administrator' because I just couldn't stand waiting LOL ..Well worth the trouble LOVE IT, beautiful game..bought the whole series but this is my fav!
So good a game [IMHO] that it is hard to believe that it is a DD..
The problem I had was black screen or slow to load that Valdy mentioned in her CE review..
If you haven't played it yet, Please give it a try..
Even with tech problems I'll give it out of 5 flowers
Happy Gameing fellow fishies

Edited on 01/25/2013 at 3:51:45 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 25, 13 8:50 AM
I love this series. I don't think I wrote a review for this one which now I do as it helps me to remember more details lol! It's not my favourite of all of them but I still enjoyed it. They aren't hard games and a lot of the puzzles may be easy (can't remember the type here) but it's still fun and very enjoyable and the settings etc are all beautiful and I enjoyed the gameplay. So if you are looking for a super duper challenging game then this isn't it but if you are looking for a relaxing good puzzle adventure with HOS then it's a lovely game.

Some games I play as I want a challenge, others I don't mind if they're not, if they are captivating and here I just thought it was a good fun game which is all you can ask for.

Think it's a good deal for a DD.

NIMHURCHU
Clownfish
Clownfish
744 Posts

[Post New]by NIMHURCHU on Jan 25, 13 6:34 PM
I have purchased and enjoyed all games in the Awakening series. As I look back on my notes on Moonfell Wood, I did mention that I "might play again, so keep in GM".

I began playing the game again today, to refresh my memory. I was bothered by the black bars on the top and bottom of the screen and the "decorative bars" on the right and left of my screen in full screen mode. It was not enjoyable enough to play through the entire game again today. However, below are some details/opinions that I noted to myself in terms of number and type of HOS, puzzles and graphics when I first played the game.

HOS: There are approx. 6 "find items on the list hogs"
6 pictorial hogs
13 "find so many of an item" e.g. 20 butterflies.

Puzzles: There are approximately 74 simple puzzles, with some having 3 to 5 levels per puzzles. Many puzzles are repeated, but I did not feel bored or stressed to complete. It seems to me that what is considered a "skippable puzzle" here might be considered a simple task in other iHOGs. Puzzles can be skipped in 30 secs in casual mode.

There is no map.

The journal has a goals section, with specific tasks to be completed. It also has a story section which includes "clues".

Overall, I would recommend this game. It is worth the $2.99, and I enjoyed playing the first time. However, I now expect my games to fill the screen automatically. I expect excellent voiceover and animation throughout the game.

Go to: