mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

Location rewards (chests)

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jan 25, 13 12:18 PM

When you find items at each location, you're given rewards, either cash or green exp thingies, or other items that get used in collections like cards or medals and the like.

If you find a black box, it automatically shows up in your inventory when you've found everything.

If you find a treasure chest (always shown as open, in the location screen), you don't always get it, if ever.

I can't tell if the treasure chest is an addition to the amount of money you get for the location (hence the open chest, vs. the closed chest you sometimes get as a "completed" reward for places like the Pirate Ship), or if it's supposed to be treated like the black box but isn't, thanks to a bug.

Sorry if this has been addressed before, I tried doing an 'advanced forum search' but couldn't find anything on it.

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

Re:Location rewards (chests)

[Post New]by saxifraga on Jan 25, 13 1:59 PM
You are probably referring to the collectible "Chest of Captain Flint", which belongs to the collection "15 men for a dead men's chest". You can see it in the collections screen as part of the very first silver collection. It does not increase your amount of gold for a completed location, it is just another collectible like cards, stamps or medals.

This issue has been addressed and answered before, but I can't find the thread anymore either.

Edited on 01/25/2013 at 2:15:05 PM PST

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jan 25, 13 5:56 PM
No, that is not at all what I mean. Let me try again.

When you are in a location (wrecked airplane, pirate ship, tent, etc.), as you find things, you get a reward for each, money, a green exp thing, a coin, a postcard, and so forth. Sometimes you get a black box. Things like the collectable coins, postcards, and the black box are automatically put into your inventory, separate from the pile of rewards you get when you complete the location.

However in some locations, definitely the pirate ship, while searching for items you will occasionally get, amongst the postcards and green things, an open treasure chest. Unlike the black boxes or other items, I cannot find any correlation to finding one to whether you get one after completing the item search at the location, and no treasure chest automatically appears in your inventory (like the black boxes) after finding an open one.

Either the open treasure chest reward for finding a search item is supposed to be a money increase reward, or it's supposed to be a chest you get the same way as a black box. Either way, neither seems to be happening and I'm not sure what's going on.

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jan 25, 13 5:57 PM
Oh, wait, I see what you are saying now.

I have not checked for that correlation. Sorry, I will look closer at that. Thank you.

mizmoose
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by mizmoose on Jan 25, 13 8:48 PM
Yipes! My apologies, Saxifraga, that's exactly what I was finding. My apologies. Now I feel extra stupid! :-)

saxifraga
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by saxifraga on Jan 26, 13 9:33 AM
I'm glad I could help. Don't feel stupid, mizmoose, maybe my explanation was not precise enough.

Go to: