bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 12:37 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Edited on 02/01/2013 at 2:19:36 PM PST

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by dobbiemijnboekje on Jan 26, 13 12:49 AM
I pick up the halv amulet but it's not in my inventory. Have to start over.

Anyone else???

Tacy8
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Tacy8 on Jan 26, 13 1:18 AM
I picked up the little key in the mirror and it did not appear in my inventory. I restarted the game. and the same thing happened. Will not be buying this one. At least the bugs show up early

flowerchild44
Marlin
Marlin
8,348 Posts

[Post New]by flowerchild44 on Jan 26, 13 1:51 AM
I have played about 4 minutes of the game, when it crashed.
Tried again, but just sits on loading, with nothing happening.
Also the cursor separates and then stops moving altogether.
I think I may have to re install,

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 26, 13 1:58 AM
Hi Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear that the items picked are not going to the inventory, this is not normal indeed.

In this case the first thing to do, if you haven't tried yet, is to uninstall and reinstall the game and start over under a new profile.

If the issue persists, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and send that over to our Tech Support Team, so we can get to helping you right away.

flowerchild44, I suggest that you check first that the video card driver is up to date, as this can sometimes be the cause of a crash.

If that doesn't help, please don't hesitate to write in to Tech Support Team by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

[Post New]by Schmohawk on Jan 26, 13 2:10 AM
I'm in Chapter 4, Level 3, and after I opened up the locker with the "Ravens" password, there was no game disc to be found, so consequently I'm stuck and can't move forward past this point in the game. I'm going to try to start over with a new profile and see if it happens again... hopefully NOT!

Thanks,

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 26, 13 2:35 AM
I'm having an inventory issue too. Not long after the stuck elevator I replaced all the buttons on the key pad at the Security Checkpoint door and used the red access card and got the prompt "you need to replace the keys first" (I just had) and the card didn't go back into inventory, it just disappeared.

I will try again w/ a new profile after reload but not crazy about that idea. If it happens again this is clearly a no buy. Sad as it looks to be a good game.

Oh, and per request at top I am playing on a Windows 7 system custom built for gaming so lots of power and I just updated video drivers about a week ago.

***UPDATE***

Yeah... not sure what to do now because the demo ran out before I could replay to the point the bug happened. Am *extremely* reluctant to buy knowing the same thing could happen again. Still I do have a coupon and it's relatively near the beginning....

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 3:03:52 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 3:07 AM
Hi Fishies,

Schmohawk - thank you for starting again with a new profile, hopefully, that will do the trick but if not, please be sure to contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Great username by the way!

Poodlebear - if you have tried the suggestions offered by bfgTokoro above, creating a new player profile could help help, but keep in mind that doing this would require you to start over from the beginning.

If you would prefer not to do this and to receive more specific troubleshooting, again the best thing to do is to reach out to Tech Support who will be glad to help.

Hoping this works out for you both,

bfgBaikal

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Jan 26, 13 3:12 AM
bfgBaikal - yep, if you read my Update above you'll I did the uninstall/reinstall as suggested. The old profile still had the glitch. Restarted w/ new profile but did not reach the same point in the demo before time ran out. I had a coupon and picked it up anyway. We'll see.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Jan 26, 13 3:50 AM
I have one minor niggle. Turning off the subtitles ... doesn't.

rosiekb
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by rosiekb on Jan 26, 13 4:03 AM
I can't even get past the 'loading' screen before Microsoft tells me there is a problem and has to close!! Grrrrr. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing to no avail. Double grrrr.....!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 4:22 AM
Hi Fishies,

Poodlebear - thanks for trying that already, sorry I didn't spot that. If you have any trouble with the purchased game, please do let Tech Support know so we can work this out for you. I would hate for you to be left with a game you can;t play!

Mr_Russ - I will certainly pass that info about the subtitles along, thank you for it!

rosiekb - Have you tried the advice in the following help article to see if there are any updates that you can run?

I would recommend trying that as even a few simple updates can make a vast improvement to how your computer handles the game.

If the issues persist after checking out that article, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Thanks!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 01/26/2013 at 4:22:47 AM PST

Mart1n0940
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by Mart1n0940 on Jan 26, 13 5:34 AM
Good game spoilt by being too buggy

Had 1 crash caused by an access violation and also when I got the access card from the lady in the elevator it went in the inventory OK but I couldn't pick it up to use it in the card reader.

I exited the game and just re-played it from where I was up to and this time I could pick it up OK

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 26, 13 6:14 AM
Hi Mart1n0940,

An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our Reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by myetta1 on Jan 26, 13 6:15 AM
Hi

In Chapter 2, when I went to put the tape on the electrical wires I could pick the tape up from the inventory but couldn't get it to go on the wires. Anybody else had this problem.

Lettie

Wakame
Catfish
Catfish
1,584 Posts

[Post New]by Wakame on Jan 26, 13 7:22 AM
Picked up the paperclip from the living room but when I needed it it later my inventory was empty.

sollys
Guppy
Guppy
109 Posts

[Post New]by sollys on Jan 26, 13 8:00 AM
I downloaded this game in 7 minutes,played the complete demo without any problems.

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Jan 26, 13 8:16 AM
IN chapter 1 I had some inventory problems. When I clicked on items on the inventory and tried to use them on items it was static and didn't move. By clicking on either the item I wanted it on as it said USE or the item I eventually got it to respond (but it never moved it was like the items in inventory was frozen in the bar)
It was only when I reached chapter 2 when inventory items responded normally,(click on item then click where you want it to go and it also moved with you to the item you wanted to use it on) like what you expect them to do, that I realised it was buggy in chapter 1.

It wasn't just that it was static it would take me loads of clicking on it then place where I wanted to use it for it to respond (not always most most items) then sometimes it only worked if I kept clicking on the place first then the item.
That *statue with red disc puzzle was a nightmare to get through to try and move the red discs as sometimes it wouldn't respond and yes I know how the puzzle works*

So far a bit into chapter 2 everything seems to be responding like I expect a game should.

I'm on windows 7 (nvidia card)

Bluecassie37
Guppy
Guppy
123 Posts

[Post New]by Bluecassie37 on Jan 26, 13 8:23 AM
At the intercom I picked up the match and it never showed in the inventory. I can start again, but I think I'll wait til the bugs are ironed out before buying this one.

jaylake
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by jaylake on Jan 26, 13 8:24 AM
Could anyone help please. I mistakingly pushed the strategy guide button. Now the game will not load and says reloading textures and all i then get is the music. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall.

No joy there. Good taxing game but this again has spoilt it for me. hope someone can get me back in.

Go to: