aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

Tribloos 2 - Gold Guide Part 2

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 26, 13 1:14 AM
Hello, this is the thread for the gold guide to Tribloos 2 (part 2). This time, the floating island levels!

Level 16:
Send 2 workers to the first woodpile below the chief hut and 3 to the woodpile near the sawmill.
They should finish about the same time. Send all 5 workers to rebuild the sawmill then.
Get ready for when it’s finished, then send all 5 to produce wood there.
Once they’re back, send all 5 to rebuild the first house.
When this is finished, send 3 workers to the next woodpile and 5 workers to the sawmill.
The sawmill workers should be on their way home while the woodpile gets finished. Send another 3 workers to clear the next woodpile. Then send the remaining workers to the centre house at the bottom.
Once this is rebuild you should be able to send 10 to fix the remaining house.

Edited on 01/28/2013 at 12:15:56 PM PST

Re:Tribloos 2 - Gold Guide Part 2

[Post New]by lcsdcl on Jan 27, 13 3:01 PM
Can we get some of the other levels too please? Level 25 is difficult and I have spent hours on it today and I am not even close !

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 28, 13 3:05 AM
Hello lcsdcl, absolutely! I'm doing these as I go (I don't have all of the level walkthroughs stocked up anywhere), Number 25 should be up any day now as I try to blitz this a bit more

tyler2
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

[Post New]by tyler2 on Jan 28, 13 4:48 AM
Hi aymes, I'll second the request and will look forward to some help! I'm loving the game, but some of the levels I just can't seem to get the hang of. I think it's a matter of doing things in the correct order (in a lot of cases), but I haven't been able to figure it out. Thanks in advance!

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 28, 13 11:13 AM
Hello Tyler2, glad to hear you're enjoying it!

I'll certainly do my best to blitz the guide over the next few days (it does take me roughly 20mins to do each level though, so it might only be 1/2 per day still) Anyway, here's...

Level 17:
There’s only one thing you can do to start with, so send 3 workers to the woodpile below the chief hut.
Once they’re finished send 3 to the next woodpile and two workers to the first house on the right.
The woodpile should finish first, send the 3 workers to the final woodpile. This should then finish roughly the same time as the house. Once the wood has been taken to the chief hut you can send all 10 workers to rebuild the sawmill.
Once this is built send 5 workers to gather wood. Then send another 5, send the first 5 to the last house to build it.
Send the remaining workers back to the sawmill when they’ve finished, the house will be finished soon after that.
As soon as you have 20 wood, send 5 workers to build the bakery in the bottom right.
Send some more workers to produce wood, then when they return send 5 workers to rebuild the first windmill in the bottom left. Send your remaining workers to produce more wood, then send them to the remaining windmill.
Keep track of the windmill progress because as soon as they’re built you’ll want to send a worker into them immediately.
When each worker finishes at a windmill, send them to the bakery to make a loaf.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Jan 28, 13 11:32 AM
Level 18:
Start by clearing the only available woodpile in the bottom left.
When this is cleared [Optional: you could send 3 workers to the other woodpile to make a start on it while the wood is being returned to the hut] and the wood is returned, send 5 workers to build the sawmill.
Once this is completed, send all 5 workers inside to gather wood.
When they return, send them to the nearest house to rebuild it.
Then, send 5 workers to the sawmill again and when they’re finished send another 5 to gather even more wood. When the first 5 return, send them to the toolshed to rebuild it.
The other 5 might return during this time, send them back to the sawmill, we’ll need plenty of wood in stock soon!
When the toolshed is built, send the 5 workers back to it to produce some tools (again keep producing wood with the other 5)
When you have your first batch of tools, send 4 workers to clear the rockpile in the bottom right of the level. (keep the wood production going!)
Keep your one left over worker free as when the rockpile is cleared he can help build the house that’s now available. (again, keep up the wood production!)
When the house is complete you should be able to send 5 workers to make some more tools straight away.
Now it’s a case of producing wood and making tools until you have 15 tools and 20 wood in stock (you should be able to get a bit of a production line going between the 3 groups of 5 workers).
When you’ve got these resources send 4 workers to each of the two available rockpiles. These should finish about the same time, so send another 4 to the final rockpile when it becomes available. As the rock is received at the hut, send 7 workers to rebuild the balloonage building in the top left of the level. When the final rock is received send 8 to the other balloonage building to build it.
Once each building is complete keep sending workers to them to produce balloons!
(if you want to clear that last woodpile, now is the best time to do it, but it’s not essential!)

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 28, 13 12:15 PM
Just swimming in to add a sticky to Part 2 of the Guide.

Thanks again for posting these, aymes!!

bfgMonongahela

amminnc
Guppy
Guppy
144 Posts

[Post New]by amminnc on Feb 8, 13 6:40 AM
Hi Aymes! Just wondering if you've had any time to work on the "gold guide" for levels 19 and above. Your guides are very helpful -- and I am so stuck on some of the higher levels!

Thanks for all of your expert (and badly needed) help!!

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 8, 13 8:06 AM
Hello amminnc!

Last week my computer blew up on me so I'm frustratingly behind with this! Hoping to have it fully repaired by tomorrow and I can resume the guide

Apologies for the delay everyone.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 11, 13 2:16 PM
Ok, back up and running here so I can finish this guide!

Level 19:
Clear the first woodpile above the hut, then send 3 more workers to clear the next woodpile but 2 to build the house next to the hut. You should be able to get the final woodpile cleared before the house is finished (send workers to help when all 3 are cleared).
Once you’ve got the house done, send all 10 workers to the sawmill on the far right and, as usual, send 5 of those to gather there the moment it’s complete.
As soon as they’re finished, send another 5 to the sawmill. Then send the first 5 workers to start rebuilding the toolshed.
You should be able to get at least 20 wood before the toolshed is finished. Send 5 workers to build the house in the top left and the other 5 to the toolshed to make tools.
Now start to get a production line of wood/tools going. Once you have at least 10 tools, send 4 workers to clear the rockpile on the far left, but keep the others making wood/tools.
When you have 15 tools stop making tools! Then send 4 workers to the top middle rock pile and 4 to the rock pile just to the left of it.
Make sure you have 30 wood before stopping wood production though!
At this point I had 2 workers left. I sent them to start rebuilding the house in the middle (once you start this you only need 20 more wood).
When the other rockpiles have been completed send 4 workers to the final rockpile in the bottom right of the level.
Now it’s time to start rebuilding the balloonage buildings. Send 8 workers to the balloonage building on the far right.
When the rockpile has been completed you should be able to send another 8 to the other balloonage building.
Once these are complete it’s a case of making balloons and tying them to the hooks as fast as you can! (start with the hooks the furthest away).

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 13, 13 1:22 PM
Level 20:
Send 3 workers to clear the woodpile on the far left of the level and 2 to the nearer woodpile to the left of the hut.
When they’ve finished, send all 5 to rebuild the sawmill on the left…and of course, send them to gather wood here when it’s rebuilt.
Next, get 3 workers to start rebuilding the house at the very bottom of the level and the other 2 to pickup the two toolboxes.
Once the house is complete, send 5 workers to the sawmill, 3 to the lower-right rockpile and 2 to the upper right rockpile. (you should be able to get two trips to the sawmill in here)
Next, send 5 workers to rebuild the bakery (hopefully you have 20 wood!) and the other 5 to the sawmill again (until you have 35 wood).
When the bakery is complete, send 5 workers to rebuild the house.
When you have enough wood (25 if the house is in progress) send 5 workers to rebuild the windmill.
After the house is complete, send 8 workers to rebuild the balloonage building on the left, and the other 2 to help with the windmill.
When each are done, start gathering at them immediately, remember you need 3 balloons and 1 bag of flour.
As soon as the flour is ready, send it to the bakery and as soon as each balloon returns back to the chief hut, send it to a balloon hook (starting with the furthest one from the hut first.)

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 16, 13 11:10 AM
Level 21:
Send 3 workers to the woodpile on the left and 2 to the one on the right.
Once the first woodpile is cleared, send all 3 workers to rebuild the bottom middle house. When the second woodpile is cleared, send those 2 workers to the woodpile next to that house.
Wait for both to be completed and for the wood to be returned back to the hut, then send all 10 workers to rebuild the sawmill on the left.
When the sawmill is complete, send 5 workers to it immediately to gather some wood, once they’re on their way home send the other 5 to gather even more wood.
When the first 5 return home send them to the house on the right to rebuild it.
When the second 5 return with wood, send them back to the sawmill.
Soon the house will be completed, send 5 workers to rebuild the toolshed on the left.
Keep sending 5 workers back to the sawmill when the other 5 are finished, we need to keep production going there as we’ll need a lot of tools!
When the toolshed is finished, send 5 workers to rebuild the last house, then send 5 to the sawmill again and the other 5 to the toolshed to start our tool production.
Now we need to make wood and tools until we have 20 tools in stock.
Once you have this, send 5 workers to each available scrap metal pile. Keep the other 10 workers making wood and tools.
As you gain enough tools, concentrate on clearing both scrap piles evenly – although there are more on the right, it’s much closer to the chief hut.

Here’s the big tip that helps with this level: Don’t worry about that toolshed on the right. It’s not very productive to have two toolsheds and one sawmill working as you’ll run out of wood too soon, stick to 1 of each until right near the end (you don’t even need to build it at all if you don’t want to!)

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 17, 13 3:00 PM
Level 22
Send 3 workers to clear the wood pile immediately below the hut, then send the other two to get some of the toolboxes in the bottom right of the level.
As there are only two woodpiles in this level you need to start working on the sawmill straight away after this rather than a house. Once it is complete send all workers to the sawmill and when they return get them to rebuild the house below the chief hut.
Once this is done send 5 workers to the sawmill again and when they return send them to rebuild the toolshed to the right. Send the other 5 to the sawmill, we still need more wood, so keep sending them back until the toolshed is finished.
Once the toolshed is finished send 5 workers to create tools there and the other 5 to gather some wood. Both should finish about the same time. Send 5 workers to the sawmill but the other 5 to the house just to the right of the toolshed.

When you get to the point when you have 15 workers, use 10 of those workers to create wood/tools and the other 5 to go out into the level and clear all 3 rockpiles.
Once all of the rockpiles are cleared, send those 5 workers to rebuild the foundry in the top right of the level.
While this is being rebuilt start clearing some of the scrap piles in preparation, preferably the ones blocking the final two houses. You don't have to worry too much about these houses, save your wood for tool production!
When you have 20 tools start on the furthest scrap pile, then when you have 15 again do the second to last one, then when you have 10 clear the final one (basically you don't want to create too many tools!)
From now on it's a race to get the scrap metal to the foundry and at the same time get some wood to rebuild the final two houses.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 22, 13 12:25 PM
Level 24:
This level introduces pipes that are much further away so you need to send workers that will pass these pipes only a couple of seconds after they start steaming.
Also don't worry about workers that pass through steam on a zipwire, they're going too fast to be hurt!
Start by collecting all 3 toolboxes, then send all 5 workers to clear the scrap pile on the left that is blocking the access to the ladder. When this is cleared send 3 workers to clear the woodpile to the left of that. Next we need to clear the rockpile blocking access to the sawmill. From the chief hut it takes about 3/4 seconds to get past that top left pipe so time your clicks based on that.
Get the sawmill built asap once the rockpile is cleared and get some wood! Once you have some wood rebuild one of the houses (the easiest being the lowest). Start a wood production line and get the toolshed built, then start making wood and tools until you have 10 tools. Start clearing the scrap piles in the top right and then the final two rockpiles (during the rockpiles, send 1 worker to clear the final woodpile). Once these are clear start rebuilding the foundry. Get your other workers to rebuild another house.
As soon as you can get some sheet metal made and choose one of the pipes to repair (which one depends on which one is bothering your rhythm the most!)
Get the final scrap pile cleared and turned into sheet metal and while the final pipe is being repaired rebuild the final house.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on May 17, 13 9:08 AM
I apologize for not keeping this going, I'm going to try and finish it again now:

It's also been pointed out to me that I've missed level 23! So here's that one first:
Okay so pipes!
Pipes have a seven second cycle (eg. They're off for 7 seconds, then on for 7 seconds, then off for 7 seconds, etc...)
But don't wait until the steam has finished to send your workers out, often this won't leave enough time for them to get past. For far away pipes I send workers 3 seconds in, for closer pipes 5/6 seconds (like in this level).
Okay, so start the level by clearing the nearby woodpile and sending the other two workers to the toolboxes at the bottom of the level.
Then send all workers to build the sawmill at the bottom. Once complete get some wood from there straight away. Use that wood to rebuild the house on the far right. Now we have a workforce.
Get 4 workers to clear the rockpile above the chief hut and send the other 5 to the sawmill (you'll probably be able to send them twice). Once the rockpile is complete send 5 workers to build the house above the chief hut – keep gathering wood with the other 5.
When the house is complete it's time to start getting that toolshed built. Wait 5 or 6 seconds while the pipe is steaming and then send 6 workers to rebuild the toolshed. Send 5 other workers to the sawmill and get another 4 to clear the woodpile next to the chief hut.
When the toolshed is finished send 5 workers there to create some tools and keep sending 5 workers to the sawmill!
When you get your first tools, send another 5 workers to make some more. Get 4 workers to clear the rockpile in the top right of the level – keep getting wood!
When you have 10 tools send some workers to clear the scrap metal pile in the top right. Send 5 workers to build the foundry below and you should have enough wood to continue tool production.
When you have another 10 tools clear the other scrap pile. When you have both scrap piles cleared and the foundry built, send 2 workers with the scrap metal to the foundry.
(look for an opportunity to rebuild the final house during these next parts)
When they return it's time to fix that pipe! Wait the usual 5/6 seconds then send as many workers to fix it as possible – don't worry about them getting burnt while fixing it, they'll persevere!

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on May 17, 13 9:34 AM
Level 25:
Firstly clear the woodpile below the chief hut. Once this has been cleared and the wood returned, build the sawmill. One this is complete send 5 workers to gather wood from it immediately.
The next thing to do is to build the house just to the right of the chief hut – we need workers! Once built send 5 workers to gather at the sawmill, and when they'ev finished send another 5 to the sawmill. Get the next house built (above the first house.) and start building the toolshed when the next load of wood is returned.
From now on you need to keep making tools with any spare workers as we'll need lots.
In the meantime, start clearing the piles of wood in the right middle of the level. When these are cleared start clearing the rock piles on the middle and lower right of the level. Then the next thing to do is to build the final house (you can probably start this while clearing the rockpiles.)
When you have enough tools start clearing the two piles scrap metal on the top row (the best timing for this level is to wait 5/6 seconds while the pipes are venting, then start any jobs past the pipes at this point). Then get the final rockpile in the top right cleared.
The next thing to start clearing is the scrap metal in the bottom right (but start with the group of 3 on the left of that platform).
Also get the foundry built as soon as possible.
Once the foundry is complete get all of your scrap metal converted into sheet metal. Once you have at least 4 pieces, repair either the top right pipe of the middle right pipe (clearing the furthest pipes makes timing your jobs a lot easier).
Next keep clearing the scrap around the levels so that you only have single piles left on their own (rather than groups of 2/3 together) This makes it quicker to clear the final scrap near the end.
You should be able to steadily clear the remaining scrap and fix the pipes. Remember to keep your tool production going until you have a couple of pieces of scrap left (I think you don't need all of the scrap but being a completionist I like to get it all anyway!)

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on May 17, 13 9:43 AM
Level 26
Start by sending 3 workers to the bottom left wood pile and the other 2 to the other nearby one. Then as the first is cleared, send a worker another to help with the other wood pile and another to pick up the tool box in the bottom right.
When the second woodpile is cleared, clear the final wood pile with 3 workers and send the other one to start repairing the house in the bottom right. Have the worker that picked up the tool box help with the house when they get back and assign all workers to the house when they are free.
Once the house is complete send 10 workers to repair the sawmill! As usual, as soon as this is completed send 5 workers to gather there. Send 4 other workers to clear the woodpile in the middle of the level (as this will free up a shorter path to the production buildings on the right.
The next priority is to keep gathering wood and to build the house next to the sawmill.
Once the house is built the next thing to rebuild is the toolshed (obviously keep gathering wood while these are being built).
Then gather 10 tools (that's all you need) and start clearing the wood piles as soon as you can. Once you've cleared one of them and the stone has been brought back to the chief hut, start rebuilding the vapour building at the top of the level (you only need 10 stone to complete it so you don't really need that final rock pile).
Once the vapour building has been rebuilt, send 3 workers to it 3 times to produce the 9 water vapour required.

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on May 17, 13 9:53 AM
Level 27
Clear the wood pile to the left of the chief hut first. Then send 3 workers to the next woodpile on the left and two to start rebuilding the house next to it. The wood pile should finish first, send those three workers to clear the final woodpile on the left. Then when all have returned home you should be able to send 10 workers to rebuild the sawmill. Once complete send 5 workers there immediately to gather wood.
Get the house above the chief hut rebuilt next and once complete send 5 workers to rebuild the tool shed (keep the other 10 on wood runs while this is being built). Then when it is finished send 5 workers to gather tools there, 5 to one of the houses at the top and the other 5 to the sawmill.
When the house is complete gather some more tools and wood. Send other workers to start working on the rock piles while your production line is in action. You should be able to be clearing two sets of rock piles at the same time.
When you have almost all of the rock piles cleared, make sure you have some wood in reserve and start rebuilding the vapour collectors at the top of the level. Get all workers working on these when all of the rock has been cleared.
When the vapour buildings are completed, send workers to gather from them immediately and also 5 workers at least to build the final house.
Keep gathering vapour until you have enough to win the level.

Go to: