bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 27, 13 12:34 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

Windows 8 Touch Screen

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jan 27, 13 8:46 AM
I have a new Lenovo Ideapad with a touch screen. It's running Windows 8. This is the only game, so far, that has had a problem using the touch screen. When I try to use it, the cursor is about 3 inches off to the right of where my finger is on the screen. Is this a conflict with the touch screen or with Windows 8 or is there a setting I need to adjust. The other games I've played have been flawless.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Linda.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Post any Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Jan 27, 13 11:18 AM
This game is exceedingly slow on the download. Not my computer, had it checked. Even got a new modem. All other games have worked just fine. Weird.

marypenn
Herring
Herring
314 Posts

Re:Post any Amaranthine Voyage: The Tree of Life Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by marypenn on Jan 27, 13 11:34 AM
dancemom1 wrote:This game is exceedingly slow on the download. Not my computer, had it checked. Even got a new modem. All other games have worked just fine. Weird.

I had the same problem this morning. I waited several hours and tried again. It wasn't slow then.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

Windows 8 Touch Screen

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 27, 13 3:56 PM
Linda_S_55 wrote:I have a new Lenovo Ideapad with a touch screen. It's running Windows 8. This is the only game, so far, that has had a problem using the touch screen. When I try to use it, the cursor is about 3 inches off to the right of where my finger is on the screen. Is this a conflict with the touch screen or with Windows 8 or is there a setting I need to adjust. The other games I've played have been flawless.

Thanks for any suggestions.
Linda.

Hi Linda,

Our Tech Support Team will be happy to take a look at what's going on with the cursor and see if there are any adjustments that can be made to get everything displaying correctly. You can contact them by clicking on the green envelope on the right to get to our Help pages. From there, click "Contact Us" on the left of that screen to submit a support ticket.

If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Jan 27, 13 3:58 PM
dancemom1 wrote:This game is exceedingly slow on the download. Not my computer, had it checked. Even got a new modem. All other games have worked just fine. Weird.

Hi dancemom1,

If you're still having trouble downloading this game, the suggestions in the article I'm linking below might help:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

Our Tech Support Team can also definitely see what else might be causing the trouble with this specific game. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by neednewone on Jan 28, 13 1:29 AM
the game freezes when I reach the fight between me and Queen Aleena. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall,didn't help. Have all the latest version needed, but every time I get to the fight it freezes. I played the rest of the game with no problems.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 28, 13 4:15 AM
Heya neednewone, welcome to the Pond!

i'm so sorry to hear that the game freezes for you during the fight.

As you have already tried to uninstall and reinstall the game it could be that some of the software on your computer needs some updating so this scene can be displayed properly. You can find all the steps on getting your system up-to-date here.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by SkieDragonlance on Jan 28, 13 5:04 AM
HI
I was not sure where to post this. Its the owls. Everytime I click on a zepher or butterfly I get a little box that pops up saying I have collected number so and soa out of 40. Sam thing with the butterflies. I looked on the achevments page and is says owls collected. But when i clicked on the owl that's been flying around or where my guide tells me where I should click to collect an owl no box pops up telling me I have collected it. Is this a glich in the game? If not. How do I collect the owls?

[Post New]by justhandleit on Jan 28, 13 1:18 PM
I'm using a PC with Windows 7. When I d/l the game it seemed to d/l okay but when the install started, the % doesn't go up. Over to the left the circle keeps going as if it was installing but nothing happens. Can anyone help with this?

Linda_S_55
Minnow
Minnow
236 Posts

[Post New]by Linda_S_55 on Jan 28, 13 7:22 PM
SkieDragonlance wrote:HI
I was not sure where to post this. Its the owls. Everytime I click on a zepher or butterfly I get a little box that pops up saying I have collected number so and soa out of 40. Sam thing with the butterflies. I looked on the achevments page and is says owls collected. But when i clicked on the owl that's been flying around or where my guide tells me where I should click to collect an owl no box pops up telling me I have collected it. Is this a glich in the game? If not. How do I collect the owls?

I noticed the same thing.

Linda.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 29, 13 1:39 AM
Heya Fishies,

Sometimes when an achievement can't be collected properly like it is happening here, it could help to uninstall and reinstall the game as this will ensure that all files are in their right place.

justhandleit - It sounds like the files that were downloaded have gotten damaged in the process, which could be why the Game Manager can't install your game. To solve this it might be good to remove the game from your Game Manager by clicking on the trash bin icon on the right. Afterwards you can re-download your game through your Purchase History.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/30/2013 at 1:40:14 AM PST

iamshiva
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by iamshiva on Jan 29, 13 4:41 PM
lags badly

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Jan 30, 13 1:25 AM
Hi iamshiva,

It sounds like your computer and game are not communicating as they should with one another.

The following help article has some general troubleshooting steps that have helped others to resolve similar issues:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

If those steps don't help, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

This will allow Tech Support to provide some advice tailored to your system!

Best of luck!

bfgBaikal

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jan 30, 13 1:14 PM
neednewone wrote:the game freezes when I reach the fight between me and Queen Aleena. I have tried to uninstall it and reinstall,didn't help. Have all the latest version needed, but every time I get to the fight it freezes. I played the rest of the game with no problems.

The same thing happens to me. I have been reading a lot of these posts and evidently BFG is insistent on blaming our computers. We cannot ALL have bad computers. I know mine is in good shape. I am going to request a "refund".

Also on the owl thing.....they were in every scene, but if I clicked on them, I just got an owl hoot.

Basically, this is a very poorly orchestrated game.

KathyGriggs
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by KathyGriggs on Jan 30, 13 1:21 PM
Linda_S_55 wrote:
SkieDragonlance wrote:HI

I noticed the same thing.

Linda.

Me too!

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Jan 31, 13 2:21 AM
Hi KathyGriggs,

I completely understand that your computer is working fine, and that it seems a little hard to imagine it could be the reason of the issues you're having with the game. We generally prefer to suggest, that sometimes just running some drivers updates could be really beneficial to improve the game performances for instance .

However, since it sounds like you've tried a few different things to get the game working, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Tech Support Team.

They will work on the best solution for you.

I hope that helps!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 01/31/2013 at 2:22:02 AM PST

[Post New]by mommo47 on Feb 5, 13 3:12 AM
Have followed the uninstall/reinstall procedure and then tried to play but my computer's safety features tell me that there is a corrupted and unreadable file in the game. " ce.exe" was quoted ???????

Didn't have trouble actually loading or beginning the game but, corruptions began to appear on the screen and eventually is seized my computer !!!!!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 5, 13 4:31 AM
Hi mommo47,

Welcome to the Pond!

I'm sorry to hear that you have had this trouble.

This is definitely something that our Tech Support Team can help you with though.

Sometimes, the save data can become damaged and prevents the game from playing correctly.

To get advice specific to your system, you can contact Support by first clicking on the green at the top-right of this page, and then on the Contact Us link that you'll find at the bottom-left of the following page. Then, after filling out the form, click Submit My Question button to create a help ticket.

I hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/05/2013 at 4:32:05 AM PST

[Post New]by ElliesMom07 on Feb 7, 13 3:01 PM
Played through the main game with no problems, started the bonus game with no problems. Had to quit partway through the bonus game thinking to come back to it later.

Now when I attempt to play the rest of the bonus game it loads the "Before Amaranthine" video instead! All the other bonus features work properly (pics, movies HOs etc). Even the "Before Amaranthine" video loads using it's correct flower button. Just the bonus game that won't load properly. Very disappointing.

I would really like to be able to finish it since I buy the CE for the extra gameplay!

I have already unistalled/reinstalled and same problem stil happening.

Go to: