bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any Royal Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 28, 13 12:22 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:Post any Royal Defense technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 28, 13 4:46 AM
Heya TroyeMB1,

How frustrating, i#m so sorry to hear about all the issues you are having with the game!

As it seems that you have already tried quite some troubleshooting yourself I would definitely recommend that you get in touch with our Tech Support Team and to include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report with your message. This way they can investigate the issue further to see if you can't get the game to run as well. Please make sure to let them know exactly what you have already tried to get the game to run.

You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left. If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

SilverBranch
Minnow
Minnow
232 Posts

[Post New]by SilverBranch on Jan 28, 13 6:53 AM
TroyeMB1 wrote:Game manager opens, I click on Play Game... Game manager closes... Royal Defense (not responding) shows in toolbar at bottom of screen... Screen goes black (with whirring cursor)... Desktop reappears - no game listed in toolbar at bottom of screen... Game manager reopens - doesn't show any time missing from trial, but I wouldn't be surprised if it burns a few minutes each time...

never get a chance to do anything with the game... *sigh*

drivers are as updated as possible (new update shows as available, but when I try to download it, it says "not compatable with this computer" - despite being the driver update recommended by this computer... *sigh*)

caches are cleared...

tried going from 32 bit to 16 bit graphics - no luck...

tried using Open as Administrator - no luck...

tried disinstalling and reloading the game - no luck...

really wanted to try this, as I love Tower Defense games --- but all I get to do is look at the game on the game manager screen...

any more ideas???

PC - Vista Home - 32 Bit... meets system reqs as best as I can tell...

Same here! Only difference is I'm running Windows XP for my operating system and my drivers are as up to date as can be without any showing as needing more installed.

Edited on 01/28/2013 at 6:55:19 AM PST

dueler
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by dueler on Jan 28, 13 7:35 AM
Same here, clicked on download button, went to GM, clicked on install, once done clicked play (demo only), GM said "come back soon" and then went off and that was it !!, tried again same thing, uninstalled/reinstalled and got the same thing again.
I run windows vista (64 bit), everything is upto date.

[Post New]by catastrophic1 on Jan 28, 13 8:01 AM
Same here...
running Vista myself. Wife is running windows 7 and it works fine. She had to download it twice though, but it is running. Game looks great, wish I could play it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 28, 13 8:06 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sorry to see that more of you are experiencing these crashes!

If you haven't done so yet, it might still be a good idea to check if all drivers are up to date with the steps that you can find here as new drivers and software are being released constantly and it might just be that the update that is missing fixes the problem!

Should you still encounter the problem or have tried several steps already, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team as described above so they can have a closer look at that for you!

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 01/31/2013 at 4:50:48 AM PST

[Post New]by heatheranne on Jan 28, 13 3:35 PM
Same here. I am running Windows 8 pro. No problem with any other games. I bought it too with a game credit as I know I like these games but it will not run. Games manager just keeps closing down and reopening.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Jan 28, 13 7:57 PM
My Game Manager closes but then the game starts in about 30 seconds. I'm up to level 11 and enjoying it.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Jan 29, 13 1:55 AM
Heya heatheranne, welcome to the Pond!

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing those crashes as well.

If you have already tried the steps mentioned above, like uninstalling and reinstalling and updating your drivers, I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team so they can investigate this further.

Keeping my fingers crossed!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by tracey_l_lough on Feb 7, 13 6:03 PM
I'm having the same issue, which is very weird since I buy at least 6 games a month and they all work fine. I tried the suggested fixes but they are not working. I guess I'll just have to skip trying this game and move on to something else.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 8, 13 10:36 AM
Hey there tracey_l_lough,

Thanks for trying out those suggested fixes!

If you'd like to give it a go, one of our Tech Support Reps will be happy to work with you directly to see if any troubleshooting steps will help with the crashing issue. To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this helps and happy swimming!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by gdutcher on Feb 10, 13 3:12 PM
SilverBranch wrote:
TroyeMB1 wrote:Game manager opens, I click on Play Game... Game manager closes... Royal Defense (not responding) shows in toolbar at bottom of screen... Screen goes black (with whirring cursor)... Desktop reappears - no game listed in toolbar at bottom of screen... Game manager reopens - doesn't show any time missing from trial, but I wouldn't be surprised if it burns a few minutes each time...

never get a chance to do anything with the game... *sigh*

drivers are as updated as possible (new update shows as available, but when I try to download it, it says "not compatable with this computer" - despite being the driver update recommended by this computer... *sigh*)

caches are cleared...

tried going from 32 bit to 16 bit graphics - no luck...

tried using Open as Administrator - no luck...

tried disinstalling and reloading the game - no luck...

really wanted to try this, as I love Tower Defense games --- but all I get to do is look at the game on the game manager screen...

any more ideas???

PC - Vista Home - 32 Bit... meets system reqs as best as I can tell...

Same here! Only difference is I'm running Windows XP for my operating system and my drivers are as up to date as can be without any showing as needing more installed.

Me, too. I run Windows XP Professional. I am completely puzzled. I buy lots of games and have almost no trouble. Also, I tried starting from the shortcut on my desktop and all it does is tell me another game is running. I uninstalled/reinstalled thinking it might be some weird fluke.

I see you have been referring people to tech support but is it possible for someone to post the fix here on the forums?

Thanks!

ginger

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 10, 13 4:36 PM
Hi Ginger,

I'm sorry you're having trouble with this game now too!

While we Mods can offer some general troubleshooting steps that will often help get issues resolved, the Forums are really not the place to handle more in-depth problems. Our Tech Support Team has the tools to take a look at how the game is running on your particular system and then work with you directly from there.

That's why we ask that you get in touch with them if our first suggestions don't help. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Thank you!

bfgMonongahela

[Post New]by helpgameproblem on Feb 17, 13 11:51 AM
my problem is snowfall mountain the one after forgotten fields, it wont unlock and ive beat every forgotten fields map with three star full 60. ive uninstalled and restarted and beat it again with three stars 60 full. kinda annoying i cant unlock next part the game had alot potentional it shame they didnt deliver.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 19, 13 4:57 AM
Oh gosh - that sounds really disappointing helpgameproblem!

As it sounds like you have exhausted the general troubleshooting for this, please run a Dr. Felix report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team.

Of course the Team will be happy to assist you with some further troubleshooting and provide some other options to you also.

Thank you,

bfgBaikal

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Feb 20, 13 8:47 AM
There's a thread titled "How do you unlock snowfall mountain campaign" that may help.

http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/238475.page

Edited on 02/21/2013 at 5:49:20 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 21, 13 5:48 AM
Just swimming in to make that useful link clickable!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by helpgameproblem on Feb 21, 13 11:20 PM
im using ipad version. It also has no options to select difficulty is this a bug?

update fixed it now thanks. but now desert bobes wont unlock lol ive got 90/90 stars.

Edited on 02/23/2013 at 1:29:23 AM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 17, 13 9:29 AM
I've been playing the game just fine for a couple of weeks & suddenly now it has been crashiing constantly the past day. Everytime i play it just crashes. I dont know if it has something to do with the level I am on or if its just coincidence or what.
I have not made any changes to my system.

I am playing on a Mac. I would give more info but its just so odd that the whole game has played fine for me with no crashing til now and now it is shutting down unexpectedly around... I'm not sure the exact level, but its within 7 or 8 from the end of that first campaign.

So I thought maybe I could ask if there is some kind of a known issue with that. I have not had any other problems with other games or programs or utilities & no other issues with this game in particular.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Mar 23, 13 1:56 AM
I played fine for the time that I posted that I think...about a week ago? until now, and it has been crashing a lot in the day or so since I've picked the game back up. It plays fine for over half an hour at a stretch and then shuts down.
I wonder if playing the game straight from the game file & not the Big Fish games manager would help?

It does not have to do with the level, as I posted on my original comment.

Go to: