Royal Defense is quickly turning into a Royal Pain

[Post New]by RobynRenea on Jan 28, 13 4:20 PM
Does anyone have an idea where a walkthrough might be available as I'm to Level 11, on easy, the one that starts you out with nothing, no money or guns. Walkthrough would be nice.

Pixieydust
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

Re:Royal Defense is quickly turning into a Royal Pain

[Post New]by Pixieydust on Jan 28, 13 5:34 PM
I think I am on the same level. What I did was time my spells to get enough coin to build a tower....my problem on the next level is that the shaman can put your tower to sleep...you start out with 100 coins and no house that gives you coin. I can't do either level without loosing some hearts. I came on here to see what others were doing.

I like the game, not sure if I am going to buy it...I keep trying to hit the slowing spell and it asks me if I want to leave the tutorial. Does not make sense.

zbox12
Minnow
Minnow
271 Posts

[Post New]by zbox12 on Jan 28, 13 8:00 PM
The only time I had a tutorial was on the first level. I've gotten coin by using the marsh and the metor shower to get coin. I'm trying to pass the level that starts out with a bunch of mines and two entrances.

[Post New]by RobynRenea on Jan 28, 13 8:02 PM
I got the Leave the tutorial when I tried the spells too, it works, you leave the tutorial and you get to use the spells, go figure.

[Post New]by RobynRenea on Jan 28, 13 8:04 PM
to zBox, the only way I passed that one I had to sell almost all but one of the mines and the bigger the gun the better

Royal Defense is quickly turning into a Royal Pain

[Post New]by Dalohnfish on Jan 28, 13 8:25 PM
RobynRenea wrote:Does anyone have an idea where a walkthrough might be available as I'm to Level 11, on easy, the one that starts you out with nothing, no money or guns. Walkthrough would be nice.

I`ve made a walkthrough for you. Enjoy)

[Removed by Moderator]

Edited on 01/29/2013 at 1:56:39 AM PST

[Post New]by silenita2000 on Jan 29, 13 6:14 AM
This could have been an excellent game if only it was not SO difficult even on the easy mode. Unfortunately I bought it.
But what's the fun in buying a game you cannot play till the end? I do not mind not being able to play the hard mode but not even the easy one?
The developers of this game should take that into consideration and correct it.
I do NOT recommend this game unless it is revised.

Silvana85
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by Silvana85 on Jan 29, 13 6:29 AM
I don't even get past level 1 ...

What am I doing wrong ?
There are too much wolves at the beginning, and i get a lot of damage to my castle..

I too do NOT recommend this game..
Please Fish, some good games this time.. been waiting for a long time now..

[Post New]by smackem24 on Jan 29, 13 6:47 AM
I've made it to level 17 on easy mode. I was enjoying the game until this level. It starts out with nothing...no guns and there isnt a way to get enough money to buy one. I have worked at this for a few hours (trying new ideas) and no luck. This is the easy level? Please I've played other games the easy level has never been this hard. Wouldnt recommend this game, too bad I already bought it.

cosmoscos
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by cosmoscos on Jan 29, 13 7:01 AM
Just a few hints:

1 - It will give you up to 30 coins if you click on the symbol under the 'The next wave will begin' part. It will start the wave off early.

2 - You can build whilst it's paused, so start the wave off immediately, then pause it.

3 - Use your spells, particularly on the wolves. The swamp will kill off enough to give you the coin to buid a tower.

Good luck! It gets easier once you've got past level 16.

Also I've gotten to episode 2 - 12 or so and have yet to find building a mine useful.

saratt
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by saratt on Jan 29, 13 9:40 AM
smackem24 wrote:I've made it to level 17 on easy mode. I was enjoying the game until this level. It starts out with nothing...no guns and there isnt a way to get enough money to buy one. I have worked at this for a few hours (trying new ideas) and no luck. This is the easy level? Please I've played other games the easy level has never been this hard. Wouldnt recommend this game, too bad I already bought it.

I hear you, I too am stuck on this level. I would love to find a walkthrough or get some help since the moderators have removed the other walkthrough.

pjplanner
Guppy
Guppy
157 Posts

[Post New]by pjplanner on Jan 29, 13 11:24 AM
I have made it through to the very final level and WOW!! No amount of amo, guns, swearing, crying or general raving will get me anywhere near survival. If anyone gets there and comes up with a cunning plan then please share with me so I can LEAVE IT ALONE....! I have tried this level close to 20 times now and nothing but nothing will help me through. It's those pesky Shamen..

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Jan 29, 13 12:45 PM
I seriously have tried level 11 at least 15 times and cannot get past wave 2 or 3! This game is ridiculously difficult. It's set on EASY!!! Once again, I have bought a game and it becomes ridiculously difficult and I am unable to play it and feel ripped off!
I accept that I might not be the best player at this, I might just be rubbish, but a game should not get this hard when set on easy! The amount of people complaining about how difficult it is on easy, shows it's not just me. Making a game so difficult it's unplayable for so many people is just thoughtless and a p**s take by the developers.

cosmoscos wrote:Just a few hints:

1 - It will give you up to 30 coins if you click on the symbol under the 'The next wave will begin' part. It will start the wave off early.

2 - You can build whilst it's paused, so start the wave off immediately, then pause it.

3 - Use your spells, particularly on the wolves. The swamp will kill off enough to give you the coin to buid a tower.

Good luck! It gets easier once you've got past level 16.

Also I've gotten to episode 2 - 12 or so and have yet to find building a mine useful.

Tried all the above, I just die. Thanks, anywayx

Dalohnfish wrote:
RobynRenea wrote:Does anyone have an idea where a walkthrough might be available as I'm to Level 11, on easy, the one that starts you out with nothing, no money or guns. Walkthrough would be nice.

I`ve made a walkthrough for you. Enjoy)

<a href=http://forums.bigfishgames.com/faqs/list.page>[Removed by Moderator]</a>

What happened to the link? Do the mods not want us to be able to complete a hard level? Or was it a bad link?

saratt
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by saratt on Jan 29, 13 2:30 PM
I can walk you through level 11 but I can only pass it with one star but at least you will get past it.

First Wave: start the wave but hit pause. Let the buildings collect money once then start selling them off, sell all of them but one. Where you want to leave one is up to you, I find the upper corner on the right side is not as in dire need of a weapon but I have also left it on the castle but I think a gun here is more beneficial.
Build weapons in all the empty slots, I find that the strongest weapon, the fire one, is best near the castle and in the bottom left loop.

Start the wave and use the spells to injure the shaman, the fire weapon on the left won't be stunned and will shoot at them. Upgrade your weapons as you collect money but focus on upgrading the weapons on the left side of the screen because it is harder to kill the enemies over there since the route is so short.

Second Wave: Start the wave but hit pause and upgrade as many weapons as you can. Once you start the wave, use the hammer spell then use the freeze spell when they get close to the castle and continue to upgrade your guns especially by the castle.

Third Wave: Start the wave but again hit pause and upgrade as many weapons as you can. Use the spells on the shamen. Keep upgrading weapons.

Fourth Wave: Do exactly as in the second wave

I hope this helps!

Sulokitu
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by Sulokitu on Jan 29, 13 2:46 PM
What happened to the link? Do the mods not want us to be able to complete a hard level? Or was it a bad link?

I think the mods routinely remove links. If you search Royal Defense 1-11, it will lead to a video walk through. I didn't need to watch the entire thing to get an idea of how to beat the level. It took many, many tries though and lots of power ups!

I just finished Forgotten Fields 1 through 20 on easy. Whew!

HatesTimers
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by HatesTimers on Jan 31, 13 2:04 PM
I haven't had any real problems playing through the first campaign on easy, probably because I like to mill gems for upgrades. I use level 4 (easy) because it's an easy level and seems to give the most gems on average.

I expect things will get a lot harder for me in the second campaign. I've maxed out the most useful upgrades, so there's not much room for improvement.

(I posted how I did level 11 in the "Level 11" thread.)

Edit: I finished the second campaign. It didn't seem any harder than the first one, except for the final level which was a challenge.

Edited on 02/03/2013 at 11:39:07 AM PST

nivlem007
Guppy
Guppy
163 Posts

[Post New]by nivlem007 on Feb 1, 13 11:38 AM
I think the Moderator is a spoil sport. He should be removed so we can see the link for a walk through, it is needed as this is a very weird game and some tips would be helpful.

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Feb 2, 13 3:14 AM
saratt wrote:I can walk you through level 11 but I can only pass it with one star but at least you will get past it.

First Wave: start the wave but hit pause. Let the buildings collect money once then start selling them off, sell all of them but one. Where you want to leave one is up to you, I find the upper corner on the right side is not as in dire need of a weapon but I have also left it on the castle but I think a gun here is more beneficial.
Build weapons in all the empty slots, I find that the strongest weapon, the fire one, is best near the castle and in the bottom left loop.

Start the wave and use the spells to injure the shaman, the fire weapon on the left won't be stunned and will shoot at them. Upgrade your weapons as you collect money but focus on upgrading the weapons on the left side of the screen because it is harder to kill the enemies over there since the route is so short.

Second Wave: Start the wave but hit pause and upgrade as many weapons as you can. Once you start the wave, use the hammer spell then use the freeze spell when they get close to the castle and continue to upgrade your guns especially by the castle.

Third Wave: Start the wave but again hit pause and upgrade as many weapons as you can. Use the spells on the shamen. Keep upgrading weapons.

Fourth Wave: Do exactly as in the second wave

I hope this helps!

Thanks, I'll might give it another try. :-)

saratt
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by saratt on Feb 6, 13 10:11 AM
You're welcome! I also find that after I get more upgrades I go back to try and finish the levels I couldn't get gold on. Now if I can just find help for level 18!

[Post New]by ElizabethR1533 on Feb 6, 13 10:55 AM
Well I finally cleared level 11! After a LOT of restarts.
Now stuck on 16.
This is supposed to be an EASY level. Easy my arse.

Go to: