tyler2
Squid
Squid
61 Posts

Feeling Stupid - Delete Player?

[Post New]by tyler2 on Feb 1, 13 2:09 AM
I have a horrible feeling I'm the only one who can't figure out how to delete a player. When I click on "change user" I don't see a way to delete a current one. I thought clicking on the X would do it, but it doesn't. It sends me back to the players screen. So, what huge, obvious thing am I missing? Thanks!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Re:Feeling Stupid - Delete Player?

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 1, 13 3:49 AM
Hi tyler2,

Well you can count me in as someone who can't figure that out also!

I have taken a look at this in the hopes that I would have an answer for you but while I can create lots of profiles, I don't see any way to delete them.

Unless I am also missing something, it would appear that the game is set up to accept enough profiles that deleting them is not entirely necessary.

Just to let you know, if you would like to remove all profiles on this game for some reason, you can reach out to Tech Support who will be be glad to help you do this!

I hope this helps a bit!

bfgBaikal

aymes
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by aymes on Feb 1, 13 7:23 AM
Hello tyler2,

No, not stupid at all! There is no way to delete a player profile from within the game.

The decision here was because I store each player's profile in a separate file (to avoid the risk of corrupting multiple player records) I didn't want to be performing any delete operations on user machines (I don't like deleting things!)

As bfgBaikai kindly points out, there is room for many profiles (I'm not sure there's an actual limit even, potentially hundreds of thousands could be created) to avoid the need for removing any.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 4:40 AM
Thanks for clearing this up aymes!

I created lots of profiles checking this out so I can certainly vouch that space will not be an issue.

Swim strong!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 9:45:59 AM PST

Go to: