bfgSeine
Stingray
Stingray
5,158 Posts

Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgSeine on Feb 1, 13 2:10 PM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

You can also view the previous technical issues thread here.

jimeezlady
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

Re:Post any Nightmare Adventures: The Turning Thorn technical issues here only

[Post New]by jimeezlady on Feb 1, 13 6:50 PM
No dice...tried uninstalling and reinstalling twice with the new "updates" and it's still a no-go for me. Game still freezes at the title screen but now I don't even have the background music anymore. I've tried everything I can think of and everything CS has suggested and nothing works. (Did a Dr. Felix report, Updated all drivers, downloaded to a different location, tried running game in "compatibility mode", changed DPI settings, resolution etc.) I (sadly) give up!! TOTALLY enjoyed the first Nightmare Adventures!

I just don't understand why I was able to play the game for over an hour and now (even with the "fixes") it won't load at all... *sigh* As much as I hate to, I guess I'll have to accept CS's offer for a refund. Hope everyone else has better luck!

[Post New]by WolfenRaindancer on Feb 1, 13 9:59 PM
The new install didn't work for me, either. Black screen at elevator scene, although it did give me the extinguisher...had already used it previously...and hint will sparkle and says use extinguisher here. I even tried to place it in the black screen just to try and move on...didn't work. So I am giving up and giving in. Will contact CS and let them know.

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 2, 13 2:49 AM
Black screen is more likely to be an issue with your graphics card / chipset drivers. Is there are recent update you could try?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 3:59 AM
Hi Fishies,

I just wanted to swim in and thank you for taking the time to contact Tech Support.

If you have already tried the advice offered on updates here, then the Team will be glad to provide further suggestions.

If you have the time, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

Thanks again for your continued co-operation, it is much appreciated!

bfgBaikal

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 2, 13 8:00 AM
Like others have un/reinstalled and am getting a different set of problems. As there were so many problems with this game before i honestly dont think we all have defunk pcs, more its the game has not been tested properly.
have just finished another game with no problems so i think its time for me to get a refund on this.shame as it could have been a good game

kjos
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by kjos on Feb 2, 13 8:25 AM
The new install didn't work for me. got half way through the game and it crashed went to start it again and it deleted my profile. will dump it.

nyc240
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

[Post New]by nyc240 on Feb 2, 13 9:47 AM
The monk's rope belt didn't go into my inventory--just disappeared after I clicked on it. Can't play any further--may try a reinstall. Also every time I open the game, it closes the GM--weird...

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 2, 13 10:50 AM
Thanks so much for installing that new build of the game, Janeypat and kjos.

Since the game is still having issue after the update it would be a huge help if you would write in to Tech Support with a Dr. Felix. The more information they collect about it the sooner the developer be able to find root of the issue.

Thanks again!

bfgIzara

[Post New]by KerstinLuetz on Feb 2, 13 2:27 PM
and again invisible items, even with the new update: in chapter 6 the folding chair from the interrogation room is not in my inventory, just a free space i'm curious what kind of advice the cs have ... a new start, at this point of the game ... ? to be honest - no way

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 2:33:08 PM PST

[Post New]by iluvgames55 on Feb 2, 13 6:45 PM
The fix didn't work for me either. The first time I was at the end of the game trying to open the box when the game crashed and caused my computer to blue screen.

As instructed, I uninstalled the game and downloaded the "fixed" version of the game. Of course my saved file from before was corrupt and it was deleted. So I had to start all over again. After creating a new profile, I got as far as entering the elevator then suddenly my screen went black and the game froze. (In the original version before the "fix", I didn't have any issues with a black screen, and the game didn't freeze until the end when I was working the last puzzle.) On the fixed version, after the screen went black and the game froze, I had to do a control alt delete to get out of the game.

Unfortunately, the fix did NOT work; in fact, it's worse now than it was before. The only thing that worked better was the "loading textures" message as it did load faster; however, nothing else is fixed. I'm not a happy camper at this point.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Feb 3, 13 2:07 AM
Great, I've just got to the end of Chapter 6: Containment and the meteorite has not gone into my inventory. So I cannot proceed. I now see we have a new version, wish I'd known a coupe of days ago, so I could have stopped playing then and reinstalled. I too thought it came up on the Game Manager, perhaps it was hidden behind all the pop-ups? I really do not want to lose all I have done and replay to the end of Chapter 6, just so I can finish by playing one more chapter. Maybe sometime next year because I can't play a game too many times on the trot without getting a little antsy.

So not a happy nellie. I'm not to sure if it's even worth downloading the new version.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 3, 13 3:25 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm so sad to see that some of you are still experiencing problems with the game even after the update!

It would be great if you could get in touch with our Tech Support Team once again to let them know that this is happening. By including a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report you will also help them to pin-point the problem as they will have all the information right at hand!

Thank you for your patience! We'll definitely be here to help you get your game up and running as soon as possible!

bfgBiwa

Tailteann
Clownfish
Clownfish
584 Posts

[Post New]by Tailteann on Feb 3, 13 4:12 PM
Complete edit of this post:

My tech issue turned out to be player error!

Edited on 02/03/2013 at 5:08:42 PM PST

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Feb 3, 13 8:26 PM
Half way through the game. It worked fine yesterday.

Today it dumped me back to the beginning of the game and lost all my progress. don't really want to replay it and have the same thing happen again.

Can someone here tell me where the savegame file is located?

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 4, 13 4:47 AM
Heya Fishies!

Seawave137 - When a game crashes suddenly like you describe it that often means that the computer has some problems to display the game past that point. making sure that all the software required to play the game with the steps here could already help to solve that problem.

Cuddlefish - That definitely isn't nice, how annoying! It sometimes happens that a program on your computer interferes with the game and damages the saved profile. I would definitely recommend you to get in touch with our Tech Support Team regarding this!

They will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

If you are a member of our Big Fish Game Club you can contact us without waiting through our Live-Chat, which is open for you Monday – Friday from 7:30 am – 4:30 pm PST.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by Cuddlefish on Feb 4, 13 1:28 PM
Thanks BFG Biwa. I sent Dr. Felix with an email to customer service before I posted here.

Have to say that it is real unlikely that half way through a game another thing on my computer could have interferred and reset my savegames back to 0. Especially when I am not the only one complaining of this. I do understand that it is possible though.

These circumstances are really annoying because I have been fighting with a puzzle and really wanted to beat it but am truly unwilling to play through again from the beginning to get to a puzzle that is winning!

Do you happen to know where the savegames for this game are lodged? I was unable to find them. It is possible that I can resurrect the game a bit farther back if I can find the savegames.

I am no longer a member of game club so I await the ministrations of customer support through email.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 5, 13 4:39 AM
Hi Fishies!

For anyone having issues, I would first encourage you to uninstall and reinstall the game to make sure you have the most recent version, as a new build was released on Feb 1st.

If the issues persist after installing the updated build, please do get in touch with Tech Support so that we can provide specific support and continue to track issues with this game.

Thanks for working with us, it is much appreciated,

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by ferfer on Feb 5, 13 4:02 PM
Got "Error reading PNG file: incorrecct data check". Can no longer play game. Does this mean I need to start over (uninstall/reinstall) and do I need to find the saved game and delete it?

Edited on 02/05/2013 at 4:04:30 PM PST

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 6, 13 4:12 AM
Hi ferfer,

Welcome to the Pond!

This error could be related to the graphic components. I suggest that you check first that the video card driver is up to date, as this can sometimes solve the problem.

If that doesn't help, please don't hesitate to write in to Tech Support Team by clicking on the green to the right of the page and then selecting the Contact Us link to the bottom left. One of our reps will be happy to work with you directly to try and figure that out!

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

Go to: