bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 2, 13 12:29 AM
A violent murder has awoken a small town with a troubled past. A town where evil was part of their history and fear was in their daily lives. They thought that chapter was over with. Investigate the murders and track down the killer before evil engulfs the town in Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth.

CelticCoco
Clownfish
Clownfish
514 Posts

Re:Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth

[Post New]by CelticCoco on Feb 2, 13 1:01 AM
This looks like a good game so far, lovely graphics. I may be putting this one on my to buy list!

CelticCoco

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 2, 13 2:16 AM
Morning, all

I remember beta testing this game. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. Crude graphics, junk pile HOS, of which there are many, and awkward gameplay. Map is included, but can't be used to jump.

Didn't have any technical problems though.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Feb 2, 13 3:46 AM
I thought this was a nice game. A definite buy for me.

edmee1947
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by edmee1947 on Feb 2, 13 5:20 AM
it is a very short one;according to the walkthrough ,i finished the demo in the middle of the game;however ,it is a good try from devs,just more difficulties perhaps and an history more elaborated and it 'll be a very good one!just like this ,worth a cc or one gcc

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 2, 13 5:56 AM
I have seen better efforts from this developer (Go gi i) but this one is not too bad. A lot of HO scenes though, a little bit of adventure. Sometimes the HO scenes seemed to be one after another after another! Rather junkpile and quite dark, had to use a hint once or twice which I rarely do. I thought vampire type stories were a thing of the past but apparently not! I am concerned about the length - I played 40 minutes of the demo and according to the walkthrough I am half-way through the game (I am at the castle gates)! I had no technical problems and my demo download was fairly fast (for me), just hesitating because of the length and the fact that the game is really not that challenging, at least so far. Think I will wait for this one to be offered as a DD............only because it is so short! As always, try for yourself, maybe I played faster than normal for me...........

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Feb 2, 13 6:04 AM
I feel kind of bad for once leading developers that seem to have fallen behind the rest.

shagwendy
Stingray
Stingray
4,926 Posts

[Post New]by shagwendy on Feb 2, 13 6:18 AM
None of the screenshots had an HO scene, so I thought this would be a nice little adventure game. Instead it seems to be the opposite. I just can't take too many HO scenes, no buy for me. If it's full of HOs, put up an HO scene for one of the screenshots

Micha1234
Clownfish
Clownfish
910 Posts

[Post New]by Micha1234 on Feb 2, 13 6:41 AM
Finished the demo in 33 minutes. According to WT that's half the game!!!
The graphics on this game really didn't impress me at all. Some of the HOG scenes were so dark you could barely make out what you were looking at.
I DO love HOGS but this was even a bit much for me. One at every corner....and then some.

I do have a bunch of Gogii games but this dev can do way better!!!!!

barbee44
Clownfish
Clownfish
667 Posts

[Post New]by barbee44 on Feb 2, 13 7:14 AM
DARK lore is right. The screen shots are so dark that I won't even demo this game.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 2, 13 7:17 AM
All I had to read was that it was junk pile "hos" laden so it is an automatic no buy for me.

margit50
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by margit50 on Feb 2, 13 7:36 AM
I just now finished the game. I very much enjoyed it. I did not think it was too dark. I am not young anymore and have eye problems. I did not have too many problems finding the items. Sometimes I did have to use a hint. Some objects are blended in with the scene. I like to read everybodies reviews, but always demo a game myself.

caput
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

[Post New]by caput on Feb 2, 13 8:18 AM
Just am not enjoying this game at all. Scenes are too dark and the whole thing seems to be amateurish. Add to that the play is rather jerky and it is a no buy for me.

SMQMC
Guppy
Guppy
129 Posts

[Post New]by SMQMC on Feb 2, 13 9:35 AM
Hmmmmm.....too many Hidden Objects in a Hidden Object game? Well, to each his own, but that's what I play; H0 games. I like them and so I'll keep buying them. If I want Adventure games, I'll look for that particular genre, but to knock a H0 game for being one is a little strange. Kind of like buying an apple and expecting it to taste like an orange! But like I said, to each his own.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 2, 13 10:07 AM
SMQMC wrote:Hmmmmm.....too many Hidden Objects in a Hidden Object game? Well, to each his own, but that's what I play; H0 games. I like them and so I'll keep buying them. If I want Adventure games, I'll look for that particular genre, but to knock a H0 game for being one is a little strange. Kind of like buying an apple and expecting it to taste like an orange! But like I said, to each his own.

I'm not trying to be contrary but from the description it sounds like it should be an adventure game to me. I guess I missed where it is written that this game is a hidden object game. I don't see that listed anywhere, I must be blind. Please correct me if I am wrong.

shorenuf
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,281 Posts

[Post New]by shorenuf on Feb 2, 13 10:10 AM
edmee1947 wrote:it is a very short one;according to the walkthrough ,i finished the demo in the middle of the game;however ,it is a good try from devs,just more difficulties perhaps and an history more elaborated and it 'll be a very good one!just like this ,worth a cc or one gcc

Good try? This dev has been around for quite a while. Their early games were terrific -- difficult tasks, HO searches were not junk pile, challenging puzzles, gorgeous artwork. I think they've stopped trying so hard. Sad.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 2, 13 11:05 AM
mhatfie wrote:
I'm not trying to be contrary but from the description it sounds like it should be an adventure game to me. I guess I missed where it is written that this game is a hidden object game. I don't see that listed anywhere, I must be blind. Please correct me if I am wrong.

You're not wrong re. the description or the screenshots. But the game's main category is Hidden Object game: Look on the game DL page above the game description -- in this case above the banner. As far as I remember: If you look on the game DL page at the bottom right, the "More...games" lists all (other) categories, where BFG puts a game in. In this case, also Puzzle and Adventure.

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 2, 13 11:49 AM
It's the first line I look at when coming from the main PC game page, even before the screenshots, for not getting my hopes up too high.

grabbinbugs
Minnow
Minnow
225 Posts

[Post New]by grabbinbugs on Feb 2, 13 12:18 PM
The game is definitely heavily ladened with HO scenes but have played others that had just as much. I didn't find the game overly dark or the objects impossible to find. The background in each room is very detailed which lends itself to an artsy appearance but a bit cluttered as well. I thought the voice overs were very well done and all of the conversing exceptionally well done. Some of the puzzles are unique and fun to solve. All in all not a bad game but may not be for everyone. I have a few coupons itching to be used so I gave this game a try and am enjoying it.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 2, 13 12:54 PM
_DD_ wrote:
mhatfie wrote:

You're not wrong re. the description or the screenshots. But the game's main category is Hidden Object game: Look on the game DL page above the game description -- in this case above the banner. As far as I remember: If you look on the game DL page at the bottom right, the "More...games" lists all (other) categories, where BFG puts a game in. In this case, also Puzzle and Adventure.

Ok thanks for that clarification. I never noticed that either. LOL.

Go to: