bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 12:36 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

oldchris
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

Re:Post any Dark Lore Mysteries: The Hunt for Truth technical issues here only

[Post New]by oldchris on Feb 2, 13 12:38 AM
Can't get download to work. Stops at about 11%. Tried starting again - same again

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 2, 13 12:43 AM
When I go in to the room with the horse and carriage, I check the horse's hoof, close the box and the game freezes. I can't even do a CTRL+ALT+DELETE, I have to totally shut down my comp I have uninstalled and re-installed the game and then put it under a different profile, nadda, zip zilch man, it's froze. Thanks

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 12:58:10 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 12:47 AM
Hi oldchris,

While this could be caused by a number of different things, it may be a good idea to ensure that application is working correctly. Generally, uninstalling and reinstalling your Game Manager sorts this out!

In addition, the following help article will guide you through the most common fixes for download issues:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

If you continue to have trouble though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 12:47:27 AM PST

Nilosh
Clownfish
Clownfish
590 Posts

[Post New]by Nilosh on Feb 2, 13 12:57 AM
Download did not work, I got message that there was no room left on my hard drive which is very unlikely. I checked and even doqwnloaded another game. Cheers

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 1:09 AM
Hi Fishies,

sassylassie - I just installed and played to that point and didn't have any trouble so I am not too sure what may be causing this freeze.

Hence, my best suggestion is to check if there are any updates that you can run?

Nilosh - have you tried the advice I offered for downloading above? If not, trying one of those tips might just do the trick!

The Moderation Team are very limited as to the type of technical support we can offer on the Forums so if would like some more specific help with your issue, please contact Tech Support by clicking the green to the right.

I hope this helps and bit!

bfgBaikal

sassylassie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by sassylassie on Feb 2, 13 1:13 AM
I had it happen to me both on my desktop and my laptop. After you check the dead body, you walk into that room with the horse and carriage, check the horse's hoof, walk out of that room, and then walk back in that room again, and when you try to back out the second time is when the game freezes. It froze on the same spot on both of my comps. Both of my comps are running on Windows 7 64-bit.

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 1:16:09 AM PST

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 1:36 AM
Hi there sassylassie,

I have tried playing this game under a number of different profiles and on different machines, and I have not come across that issue at all.

In case it helps at all, after taking the stool, checking the horse's hoof and upon exiting that scene, the next thing I did was investigate the cart to the right, taking the telescope eyepiece from under the wheel, and then zooming into the river HO scene to the far right.

Perhaps trying things in this order may help?

If that doesn't work, I am unable to offer any further suggestions other than checking for updates to combat the freeze or contacting our Tech Support Team so they can look into what is going on and make some further suggestions.

I really hope this may be of use though,

bfgBaikal

soussic
Squid
Squid
71 Posts

[Post New]by soussic on Feb 2, 13 6:28 AM
same issue for me
tried to escape / ctrl + alt + del but that did not work either.
I stop playing and uninstall the game

sgtsedlak
Seahorse
Seahorse
39 Posts

[Post New]by sgtsedlak on Feb 2, 13 6:38 AM
I downloaded the game and got past the horse scene with no problem, but when I attempt to go back to the tower with the telescope the game becomes totally unresponsive. Have tried to change options & difficulty to see if that makes a difference, but no luck so far. Will try to uninstall/reinstall to see if that helps.

trikemoma
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by trikemoma on Feb 2, 13 6:39 AM
game system-pc
lately most of the games I have tried to play download just fine and then will not open and I cannot figure out the problem. Today's game is another, downloaded just fine and now will not open for me to play. I have the latest game manager installed, have tried all the suggested fixes, this is getting very frustrating. BF what can we do to resolve this problem, I'm losing money here, but today's was a freebie.
Thanks

debbie1001
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by debbie1001 on Feb 2, 13 6:43 AM
I had to change my screen resolution to get the game to open and run. changed it to 1024x768 hope this helps if you are having trouble getting the game to open.

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 2, 13 6:45 AM
Hi Fishies,

For most of the issues described I would suggest updating some of the components that help run your game. The advice in the following help article will help you to do that:

If after updating you are still having trouble with the game's performance, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page.

Similarly, trikemoma as you have issues with more than one game, please get in touch with us so we can provide advice for each game, or at the very least, ensure that you are not left with game(s) you cannot enjoy.

When contacting support, please run and include a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report in that mail so that we can start helping you right away.

I hope this information is helpful and best of luck!

bfgBaikal

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Feb 2, 13 7:53 AM
I progressed to entering the castle when the game froze with black screen and cursor all that was showing on the screen. "Escape" didn't work nor did C-A-D. After many tries I was able to get to the task manager to close the game.

In checking the walk-through - by scrolling down to the area the game froze - I found I was nearly halfway through the game (about 40 minutes into the demo).

I did enjoy the part of the game I was able to play, but due to the length and the "freezing" of the game, I won't purchase it. It is a fairly nice and somewhat easy game though and I am sure many will enjoy it.

[Post New]by NancySusan on Feb 2, 13 8:14 AM
I had some glitchy play during the 40 or so minutes I played of the demo -- some slow down during scenes, particularly the scene when the carriage returned from the "morgue" to pick up the "constable." The scene was pretty jerky, moving in slow stages until the carriage stopped and the picture finally resolved itself to a normal scene. I also had a new one for me: I noticed that at the left and right sides of the screen, it appeared that the game extended slightly beyond those areas. This didn't stop gameplay at all, but was disconcerting, especially when I looked for something in the HOS's, and only part of it was shown. Because I didn't finish the demo (too many HOS's for me), I didn't have an opportunity to see if the glitches worsened with the castle, as someone reported.

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Feb 2, 13 9:21 AM
Download went okay. Message popped up saying I might need xxxxxxx(yep, forgot what it said) or the game might be slow. Opening the game took a while but the steps to click something was usually 30 seconds. Uninstalled and reinstalled but warning never came up again and game did not change. If anyone knows the name of the thing I needed to speed it up please post.
Bessie Mae

csmith116
Guppy
Guppy
137 Posts

[Post New]by csmith116 on Feb 2, 13 10:29 AM
"Install latest open GL Video Driver" is the message.

csmith116 wrote:Download went okay. Message popped up saying I might need xxxxxxx(yep, forgot what it said) or the game might be slow. Opening the game took a while but the steps to click something was usually 30 seconds. Uninstalled and reinstalled but warning never came up again and game did not change. If anyone knows the name of the thing I needed to speed it up please post.
Bessie Mae

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 2, 13 10:49 AM
Hey Fishies!

Thanks for letting us know about those issues! If you'd like to try some troubleshooting steps for those freezing and slow game issues I would first check for any video card driver updates. This is one of the pieces that helps the game to run properly.

NancySusan: That screen size issue may mean that the resolution is not set correctly for the game. Please check here for instructions on trying those adjustments.

Thanks for posting the message, csmith116! Usually that message indicates that the video card driver needs to be updated. You're welcome to try those steps on your own (click on the blue text for instructions), but I would also definitely share that message with Tech Support so they can offer some specific troubleshooting steps for you.

Best of luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 02/02/2013 at 10:50:18 AM PST

Rozanne
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by Rozanne on Feb 3, 13 7:49 AM
Tried to play the demo 3 times now and game just freezes at the place where the horse and carriage is! I give up.

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 3, 13 1:03 PM
Hi Rozanne,

I'm sorry you're having trouble playing the demo!

As bfgIzara says above, when a game freezes that way, it could mean the video card and graphics driver need to be updated. We go over how to check on that in our help article here. This might affect other games too, so it's a good idea to do a quick check if you can.

Our Tech Support Team will also be happy to take a look at what's going on and work with you to get things resolved. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: