mrbroadway1
Flounder
Flounder
2,168 Posts

SE Version really has no ending? How does it actually end?

[Post New]by mrbroadway1 on Feb 3, 13 2:39 PM
Hi everybody,

Just finished playing Grim Tales: the Bride SE and as most of you know, it has a dismal abrupt ending, if you can even call it an ending. It left too many loose ends: Who, why, when, and what happens now? I understand the bonus game does a better job filling in some of the loose ends. Would someone be kind enough to respond and tell me how this game actually ends. I loved the game. It would have been even better if it had an ending. Thanks much.

Re:SE Version really has no ending? How does it actually end?

[Post New]by RowanGolightly on Feb 5, 13 8:32 PM
Even in the CE it doesn't have a very satisfactory ending; just one frame of the back of the carriage with "newly Married" on it.

The bonus game really didn't tie up loose ends, it just created more and also had a very unsatisfactory ending.

PLEASE tell me, Devs, when you spend SO much time on lovely artwork, games and scenery, WHY do you not flesh out the story just as much? It's like doing only half your job and quitting just as the progress was coming along.

I read the reviews on the SE and bought the CE instead, hoping it would be so much better.

VERY disappointed in this one as set by the high standard of the other Grim game series.

mrbroadway1
Flounder
Flounder
2,168 Posts

[Post New]by mrbroadway1 on Feb 5, 13 10:05 PM
Hey Rowan, Thanks for the response. I've written several complaints to customer service about the infamous non-endings of some SEs. Just before playing The Bride, I played the SE of Shiver: Poltergeist and that one was even WORSE! I mean it just ends. I understand that in the CE version of that game, all the loose ends are tied up. (If you know how that game ends, I'd appreciate another post.) I told customer service: "Imagine buying a book only to find out that the last 5 pages were missing and then you are told that if you want to read the last 5 pages you have the buy the Collector's Edition of the book. It would be absurb and unacceptable yet that's exactly what's happening with these SE's that have no ending. Big Fish should tell the developer's that if their SE games do not have complete stand alone endings, then they will not buy and promote that game. Watch how fast the developers start putting real endings on their games when they starting feeling it in their wallets.

[Post New]by RainbowExplorer on Jun 10, 13 4:59 PM
The Bonus Content Shows the bride and groom driving off after finally having gotten married. The old family mansion is sold and a new family moves into it. However, it's still haunted by evil and tons of locks. How you end up back in the house, exploring the place where a new family is living isn't explained.

Hands down, this is the WORST CE I've EVER played! The most BORING plot (really NO plot to speak of!), not to mention a sickening overabundance of HOGS filled with tiny, dark images in ultra-crowded scenes (creating severe eye strain, regardless of one's usual visual acuity level). There are at least 50 - 60 HOGS, in this game, not to mention at least 30 different puzzles, many of whom have poor instructions, so are nearly impossible to understand, let alone complete.

There's almost no music to speak of and the pace of the story is so incredibly slow (since you're stuck having to complete HOG after HOG after HOG, every 2 - 3 minutes, or so), that I was DESPERATE to have it come to an end! The fact that there are at least 50 different rooms or scenes, for one to have to keep walking back and forth between (without a map or "jumping device" included to simplify the process), added to the misery and tedium of the game. This is TRULY a "GRIM" affair, quite unusual for the Elephant Team to have royally BOMBED on.

Go to: