napapen
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

correct English word

[Post New]by napapen on Feb 6, 13 3:33 PM
I find this in so many games - the pipe is "busted" This is not proper english - the pipe is BROKEN!! This is repeated over and over again.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Re:correct English word

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 7, 13 2:20 AM
Heya napapen,

Thanks for pointing this out! Not being a native English-speaker I wouldn't have been aware of this as it seems to be a rather common expression these days.

We'll definitely keep an eye out for these kind of mistakes and if you like, you can always get in touch with our dedicated Customer Support Team. They'll be happy to forward this for you directly!

Thanks again!

bfgBiwa

Mr_Russ
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,662 Posts

[Post New]by Mr_Russ on Feb 7, 13 3:23 AM
It's American English. 'nuff said.

lnorris101
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lnorris101 on Feb 8, 13 5:53 PM
Busted is perfectly fine, honestly.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Feb 12, 13 2:15 PM
ohai guys!
A broken leg is a fracture of the leg or fractured leg, not a fraction which is a smaller portion from a whole, as in mathematics.....1/2 is a fraction.

lnorris101
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by lnorris101 on Feb 13, 13 6:24 PM
It's a GAME, not a master's thesis. Obviously the game developers are not native speakers, if you look at all the surnames. So stop being a bully. They wrote a fantastic game for us, and they did a great job.

[Post New]by SherlockGirls on Feb 22, 13 10:31 AM
Thank you, Twinsoniclab ! I agree 100%. It not only irritates me, it distracts me from what I'm doing in the game, pulls me out of the story, and reminds that I'm just playing a game, not living the adventure.

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Mar 15, 13 3:27 PM
I'm afraid I have to agree, the correct word is important, but it did not take away from this great game. Actually busted is a perfectly good, albeit slang, english word (American English that is.

Go to: