bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 7, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 7, 13 1:54 AM
Can't get it to D/L again. I've removed my antivirus software as requested by BFGs, but still won't do it.
Macbook Pro running Mountain Lion. Games by these devs usually work fine.
Can't understand why all was well D/L games until last Sunday's CE, when I had the same issues.
In 2 hours only 5 MB have come in...sigh.

cami1203
Seahorse
Seahorse
20 Posts

Re:Post any Chimeras: Tune of Revenge Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by cami1203 on Feb 7, 13 2:00 AM
I'm playing on a PC and have never had any previous technical issues before, but this game is moving along way to slowly, the cursor is very difficult to target the area you want to click, and things open and move very jerky and slowly...I erased it and redownloaded, but still having problems...the whole game acts kind of jerky. What's up with that and and am I the only one having this issue? Someone let me know something...it's driving me crazy!

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 7, 13 2:03 AM
Heya belamba,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are getting hit with those download problems again!

Sometimes these kind of problems can also be caused when your Game Manager is getting a bit stuffed with games. uninstalling some of the games that you don't play anymore could help speed things up a little again! Also, uninstalling and Reinstalling the Game Manager could help improve your speed!

cami1203 - That definitely doesn't sound like very smooth gameplay! These kind of issues can sometimes be caused by outdated software that is necessary to play the game properly, even if you haven't noticed similar problems before. You can find some steps on how to get everything up to date by clicking here.

If this still doesn't fix it, our Tech Support Team
will be happy to have a look at the problem for you!

Keeping my fingers crossed!

bfgBiwa

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 2:12:43 AM PST

crispypot
Minnow
Minnow
272 Posts

[Post New]by crispypot on Feb 7, 13 2:10 AM
good morning to all, sorry your having problems with game, i downloaded pretty quickly this morning and the game runs very smooth , i`m on XP
hope you get it sorted very soon

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 7, 13 2:15 AM
Hi,
I've not got any games in my GM folder. as so few work on my Mac, I've finished them all ;-))
I reinstalled GM Sunday, to no avail. When that game finally installed, it wouldn't work. Just a square in the corner.
I've been in touch with BFGs and sent a Dr Felix report on Tuesday.
Uninstalled antivirus software, but still no D/L.
Very frustrating.
I've two wifi providers, and d/L won't work on either....

Edited to say my machine is 2.2GhZ and the game asks for 2.5GhZ. Could that be the issue?

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 2:19:44 AM PST

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 7, 13 2:24 AM
Heya again belamba,

You sure did quite some troubleshooting already, how frustrating!

I would definitely recommend that you stay in touch with our Tech Support and hopefully they can work something out for you. unfortunately we don't have any means to look into this via the Forums .

crispypot- Great to hear that everything seems to be going smoothly! Enjoy the game!

bfgBiwa

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Feb 7, 13 3:15 AM
Three hours ten minutes so far and still only 48% downloaded. Over the past couple of weeks we have exhausted all attempts to solve the problem and have established that the problem is NOT at my end. This is now way beyond a joke, it is getting to the point where I am seriously considering giving up on Big Fish altogether and buying direct from the developers.

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 3:16:01 AM PST

Vallarina
Guppy
Guppy
111 Posts

[Post New]by Vallarina on Feb 7, 13 3:16 AM
My DL is taking a very long time. Not sure why. Frustrating.

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 7, 13 3:46 AM
I gave in and D/L it on my husband's PC running XP. Took under a minute. On same wifi that took my mac 4 hours to d/l 1%. I gave up.
I hate using the PC, but when needs must.....
At least I've sorted out the things that aren't slowing my Mac d/ls.
Just wish I knew what was causing the games not to work on my Mac. I bought it for gaming, and so far very few games have run smoothly.
Thanks for your offers of help!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 7, 13 3:48 AM
Hi Fishies,

While CE games will take longer to install as they are typically larger than other games due to the bonus content and features included in them, I know that waiting for a game to a download can be frustrating if it takes an excessive amount of time and so I am happy to provide some advice today.

The first thing to try is to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to ensure it is working correctly.

Also, you can adjust your download settings to try and access our site in a different way. The help article here, has some tips on how to adjust your Game Manager settings and try the alternative download method.

If you have tried this already or if you like, us to take a closer look at this because this is affecting many games, please do reach out to us via email.

When submitting a support ticket, please run a Dr. Felix Diagnostic Report and then send that over to our Tech Support Team so they can get to helping you right away.

Finally, it is also worth noting that checking your service with your ISP can often help us resolve issues with downloads speeds as well, if only to eliminate that as a possible cause. Also, they can let you know of the best times to download games as there will be periods where demand is lower and hence the service is faster.

I hope this information is helpful!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 3:49:11 AM PST

belamba
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,058 Posts

[Post New]by belamba on Feb 7, 13 3:58 AM
The trial D/L in under a minute. Now I've bought it, it won't D/L. Got to 64% and stuck. Have deleted it, and trying your alternative method. If that doesn't work, think I'll myself.....
taken all morning just to try and trial a game. Our wifi D/L speed is 64 mbps. I tried D/L a few other BFGs and they shot in, so must be this game that's causing the issues.

lindaa1
Guppy
Guppy
142 Posts

[Post New]by lindaa1 on Feb 7, 13 4:01 AM
This game runs in slow motion for me. Changed to custom cursor but still very very slow, sticky and laggy. Not had this problem with any other games. Playing on up to date PC with Windows 7 Professional.

megwoman25
Clownfish
Clownfish
742 Posts

[Post New]by megwoman25 on Feb 7, 13 4:12 AM
Hey bel,

I have a Mac and I find with large games like elephant sometimes it's better to wait until the next morning to d/l them. Games get released at 12am my time and d/ling them later on in the day makes a huge difference. I think it's because elephant games are so popular that there's a stampede of people trying to get it and it slows everything down. Also when games get stuck, instead of deleting it, I can usually restart the CPU and when I open GM, it just needs a click to resume. Annoying but I prefer elephant games on the Mac as everything looks so life like and smooth. I don't get the same feeling on pc. Hope that helps

MinnieK
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by MinnieK on Feb 7, 13 4:14 AM
bfgBaikal wrote:Hi Fishies,

While CE games will take longer to install as they are typically larger than other games due to the bonus content and features included in them, I know that waiting for a game to a download can be frustrating if it takes an excessive amount of time and so I am happy to provide some advice today.

bfgBaikal

Thanks for trying to help but I have already tried ALL of those suggestions, and plenty more besides. I have had a long correspondence with the techies (YaniraL) and we/they still have not been able to resolve the issue. Until a few weeks ago my downloads were always very fast, it is only over the past few weeks that they have been so appalling.

Now four hours and ten minutes and 74%. Utterly ridiculous.

kglen1
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by kglen1 on Feb 7, 13 4:31 AM
I was trying the demo and when I picked up the third card in the ring of fire, the game froze and my system cursor appeared. Game wouldn't work at all and I had to log off the computer to get out of it. Then I saw an access violation notice. Do you think uninstalling and reinstalling will do any good?

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 7, 13 5:11 AM
Hi Fishies,

For those of you with slow downloads, if you have tried the suggestion myself and other Fishies have already offered, please do get in touch with our Tech Support Team so we can look into this for you.

kglen1 - An access violation message appearing while playing your game is generally related to your computer’s graphics configuration not matching what the game requires in order to run smoothly.

The best way of dealing with this is to have a look at the following help article and update any elements you can:

If you would like us to have a look at this with you though, we would be happy to do so. You can contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page and one of our Reps would be happy to assist you!

Hope this is helpful,

bfgBaikal

annetterider
Guppy
Guppy
194 Posts

[Post New]by annetterider on Feb 7, 13 5:27 AM
I am confused: I dont remember playing this game before, and it is meant to be a "New game", BUT after loading what I thought would be the trial what came up surprised me. It said: Trial expired. As I said I dont remember playing this game so can ANYONE tell me why this should happen???????

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 7, 13 5:30 AM
Hi annetterider,

This can happen if the game is unable to start up on your computer.

When a trial shows as expired like this, the best thing to do is to uninstall and reinstall the game as that normally helps.

If you are still having trouble though, you could try to update some of the elements that run this game as the computer having trouble loading a game is another reason that trial expired message will appear.

Usually one of the two tips I have offered will do the trick and make your trial available to you!

Hope this helps!

bfgBaikal

Edited on 02/07/2013 at 12:29:30 PM PST

Janeypat
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by Janeypat on Feb 7, 13 5:31 AM
Yet another problem! D/L has taken nearly 3 hours and yes I have un/reinstalled,but why should I have to keep doing these things just to get a game to play. When I see that others have the same problem I cannot believe we all have "problems" with our pcs.
There seems to be a few problems with the last few games but these are established devs - so why the problems?

Go to: