bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug available!

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 8, 13 12:42 AM
One hint couldn't hurt right!

Check out the free walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug on our blog!

You can find our Blog by clicking on the link Blog at the top of this page. Then, click on the tab Walkthroughs where you can enter some keywords to search for your game, or you can use the alphabetically ordered list under the search option.

Or you can click on the link below:

Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug Walkthrough

If you’re looking for a specific item or puzzle, try using your browser’s search function by pressing keyboard keys CTRL and F at the same time, bringing up your search bar. Enter a keyword like “SPOON” and hit enter to jump to sections containing that word.

Happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

Re:Walkthrough for Dark Tales: Edgar Allan Poe's The Gold Bug available!

[Post New]by copper_season on Feb 20, 13 11:26 PM
Where can I post if I'm stuck in the game? I'm at the part where you get the fishing line for the fishing pole (The Pirate Ship) but there's no bait. I can't find it and I'm going a bit nuts. Thanks!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 21, 13 5:34 AM
Hi copper_season,

No to worry - we have all been there!

I searched the walkthrough and I could see that the bait is to found in the reeds by the pier - the boat is to the right and it is hidden in the reeds to the right.

In case it helps, I have included a screeshot below which marks the bait with the letter O:

Screenshot

And before I go, I wanted to let you know that a good tip for using the Walkthrough, is to use the search function of your computer by pressing Ctrl and F together . Then in the box that pops up, search for the word 'BAIT' for example. This will allow you to skip to all the relevant parts of that Walkthrough and hopefully locate the part you need along with some help!

Hope this helps and happy gaming!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by copper_season on Feb 21, 13 6:59 AM
Thank you!

I feel sheepish. LOL!

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 27, 13 2:37 AM
No need to feel sheepish - it happens to us all, trust me!

I'm just happy I could help and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your game.

Swim strong copper_season!

bfgBaikal

[Post New]by spookie60 on Mar 24, 13 1:39 PM
Help me! I can't get the boot on the fisherman!

[Post New]by CoosYellowknife on Apr 29, 13 3:28 PM
i have this pie pan with a design in it no where i can see in the big fish walk through does it show that or how to solve it nothing i seem to have works i am stuck can anyone help also want to get back to that fortune tellers box to finish it also could not find the fortune tellers body the chest of drawers in the hote do not work and where is the combinations to the lock in the hotel. lost of ways i am stuck can anyone help???

[Post New]by CoosYellowknife on May 1, 13 9:56 AM
also we are suppose to use a drill to drill through the barrel with the third light house lense yet htere is no drill around the barrel nor does it mention in the walk through a bout how to get one i went back to the beginning examining every sceen and no drill where do i get the drill so i can drill a hole in the barrel to get that third light house lense??

[Post New]by Taylormae on Oct 23, 13 1:09 PM
The walk through tells me that I need to put the fortune tellers body, head and ball on top of the box which is on the table and then use the wind up key in the hole in the box. I have all of these items but it won't let me put the things on the table or the box in any order they keep on returning to the inventory. Please help.

[Post New]by sammiboy on May 7, 14 9:58 AM
I'm stuck can.t get the fishing line, nor can i figure out how to move the bushes to the right of the fishing boat. Where is the oar?

Go to: