bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 10, 13 12:29 AM
The Festival of Fools is in full swing in Paris when the gargoyles of Notre Dame Cathedral abduct a festivalgoer in plain sight. What was assumed to be a festival stunt turns out to be something much more foul. You are hired by the Paris Police to work the arcane angle of the case in this fantastical reimagining of Victor Hugo's classic tale.

This is a special Collector's Edition release full of exclusive extras you won't find in the standard version. As a bonus, Collector's Edition purchases count toward three stamps on your Monthly Game Club Punch Card!

The Collector's Edition includes:

* Bonus Chapter
* Integrated Strategy Guide
* Achievements
* Beautiful Concept Art and Wallpapers
* Musical Soundtrack

Edited on 02/10/2013 at 12:37:11 AM PST

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

Re:9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 10, 13 1:23 AM
Just a quick post to say that I love this game. It has lots of things I like: widescreen, achievements, clear and clean graphics, also in the HOS, which I love in this game, and fun gameplay. There is also a map, which can be used to jump, and a couple of other extras are added.

A really fun game!

Sept24
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by Sept24 on Feb 10, 13 2:21 AM
I liked it and was enjoying the demo so much I couldn't believe my time was up. Seemed like a good combination of adventure, hidden objects and puzzles. Will try to wait for SE tho as I have others to finish, including starting Nightmare Realm In The End over after being at least half way as when I got to where the last piece of The Dark Robe was supposed to be, it just isn't there. Anyone else out there have a problem with that? I know I was in the right place and double checked with the SG etc. Also reloaded the game, but it is just missing.

[Post New]by JackieRuhl on Feb 10, 13 5:04 AM
Valdy: Nice to see you back have been missing your reviews.

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 10, 13 5:18 AM
JackieRuhl wrote:Valdy: Nice to see you back have been missing your reviews.

Hi Jackie...

I am still "gone", in the sense that I am still taking a break from writing reviews. I am moving at the end of the month, and have a lot of packing and other things to do. So that takes priority at the moment.

Have a lovely Sunday, Jackie, and everyone.

Valdy

bradalex
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by bradalex on Feb 10, 13 5:58 AM
Hi Valdy
So pleased to read your post! I thought we had lost you for ever.Please hurry back when you are ready, I rely on your lovely clear reviews.

mcscooby
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by mcscooby on Feb 10, 13 6:42 AM
Great to hear from you Valdy - miss your reviews! Have a great move, if possible, and will look forward to you posting your reviews again soon!

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 10, 13 8:50 AM
I too like this game. There is a nice blend of puzzles, adventure and Hos. Nice clear graphics and since I have a soft spot in my heart for Paris its a buy for me.

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Feb 10, 13 9:27 AM
bradalex wrote:Hi Valdy
So pleased to read your post! I thought we had lost you for ever.Please hurry back when you are ready, I rely on your lovely clear reviews.

Hi Valdy,

I can ditto the above comments. I have been wondering where you have been. It seems odd that I don't get your game reviews each morning. In the past, I had come to rely on your concise reviews. Look forward to seeing you back when you are ready.

tophen
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by tophen on Feb 10, 13 9:42 AM
where did the lady go who rated games is in pigs?valdy hers in your reviews i look forward to

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 10, 13 10:18 AM
tophen wrote:where did the lady go who rated games is in pigs?valdy hers in your reviews i look forward to

Thanks everyone, for your well wishes for the move. It's stressful, it's tiring, it's a real pain, and I am getting too old for all this. LOL

Tophen, the lady who rates reviews with "Fine Swine", etc, is the lovely LovetoMissLisa. I can't speak for her, but you could always PM her and find out why she isn't reviewing.

Valdy

Edited on 02/10/2013 at 10:19:17 AM PST

read61
Salmon
Salmon
2,775 Posts

[Post New]by read61 on Feb 10, 13 11:03 AM
Whenever a second game comes out I usually re-play the first for a refresher. Is this one as dark as the first? I found the HO scenes quite challenging as I could not see much of anything in the background on them. Please tell me this one is easier on the eyes! I enjoyed the first game but the eyestrain was something else..........

love2so
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by love2so on Feb 10, 13 11:14 AM
I too have missed Valdy reviews. They are so detailed and I usually purchase a game according to her reviews. Have a great move and hurry back!

rockey69
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by rockey69 on Feb 11, 13 5:31 AM
Valdy wrote:
tophen wrote:where did the lady go who rated games is in pigs?valdy hers in your reviews i look forward to

Thanks everyone, for your well wishes for the move. It's stressful, it's tiring, it's a real pain, and I am getting too old for all this. LOL

Tophen, the lady who rates reviews with "Fine Swine", etc, is the lovely LovetoMissLisa. I can't speak for her, but you could always PM her and find out why she isn't reviewing.

Valdy

I was wondering what happened to you too Valdy, so glad to hear from you and find out you are ok. Good luck with the move, they are very stressful, hope it all goes well and looking forward to seeing your reviews again, I have missed them

NiceZombie
Guppy
Guppy
165 Posts

[Post New]by NiceZombie on Feb 11, 13 11:49 AM
I am loving this one so far - nice visuals, crystal clear HO scenes with fun interactive items, and love the cute little gargoyle Also nice music and love the atmosphere in the Notre Dame, very pretty.

Plus lots of achievements, a map, and a red crystal that helps you like in the first game!

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 11:53:51 AM PST

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Feb 18, 13 9:05 AM
hey VALDY, did not want you to miss this game!!!!!!!!!!

Terry742
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Terry742 on Feb 18, 13 9:21 AM
Well, I spent many of my "free" minutes searching in vain for
the drain. The strategy guide was of no help, since it showed
only a close up of it. I have no idea if I will like the game enough
to buy it.

oscar66
Herring
Herring
307 Posts

[Post New]by oscar66 on Feb 18, 13 9:20 PM
Not sure what drain you are looking for, there is one right after you see the car and the policeman. left side of the screen. The key to Notre Dame is in it, you need to build the fishing rod to get it.

This is a fantastic game!

Valdy
Marlin
Marlin
9,383 Posts

[Post New]by Valdy on Feb 20, 13 8:14 AM
I have now finished the game, and can truly say that if I hadn't played the bonus game, I wouldn't have missed anything. It was short, and it ended so abruptly, I thought the bonus chapter had closed down on me before the finish. But then I realised that "this was it".

On the whole, this was a good game. I am so grateful for the map with which I was able to hop from one place to the next, otherwise I would have torn my hair out in frustration, because there is quite a lot of area to cover.

The one thing I found weird and wrong was the voice of my "baby" gargoyle. Sounded like an old man who smokes too much. LOL I certainly expected something softer and higher in tone. Oh well... he was helpful, on and off.

Go to: