bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

Post any 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 10, 13 12:33 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

nomatt
Herring
Herring
377 Posts

Re:Post any 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by nomatt on Feb 10, 13 3:39 AM
Game doesn't run. All I get is the AppWndTitle error. I've only had this with a couple of games over the years. No amount of driver updates etc fix it. Game deleted.
Mods, please don't advise me to do this or that to fix it, I don't want to appear arrogant but I know what to do and already tried it. I last had this with Safecracker, after all this time and eveything updated it still doesn't run. Some games just conflict. End of.

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

Re:Post any 9: The Dark Side Of Notre Dame Collector's Edition technical issues here only

[Post New]by froggie10 on Feb 10, 13 5:41 AM
The game just keeps Validating over and over,yesterday's game did the same thing????Can't play either of them!!!

grannyann_
Starfish
Starfish
51 Posts

[Post New]by grannyann_ on Feb 10, 13 7:04 AM
froggie10 wrote:The game just keeps Validating over and over,yesterday's game did the same thing????Can't play either of them!!!
This happens to me, sometimes i just restart my computer and it then says ready, so then I just click on it and it finishes the process.

Edited on 02/11/2013 at 2:28:55 AM PST

froggie10
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by froggie10 on Feb 10, 13 8:05 AM
Thanks grannyann,I tried that but it still validating over and over!

[Post New]by kenswinehart on Feb 10, 13 8:20 AM
Bigfish help---When I start the game up there is no cursor. I've restarted my computer several times and it's still the same. This has happened on another game I tried to play last week also. I purchased this game bast upon the reviews.

redknight
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by redknight on Feb 10, 13 1:58 PM
When placing the 9 in the Mirror of Inspiration, the game pauses and says to click anywhere to continue but, when I do, the game freezes and I get a runtime error message. This has happened numerous times now.

bfgBiwa
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,458 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBiwa on Feb 11, 13 2:39 AM
Heya Fishies,

I'm sorry to hear about all the issues you are facing with the game!

froggie10 - That sure is odd! It might help help here to uninstall and reinstall the Game Manager to make sure that there are no errors that keep you from validating your games!

kenswinehart - Welcome to the Pond! As the cursor is a visual aspect of the game it could be that some of the drivers and software on your computer are in need of an update to display the game properly. You can find some easy steps on how to do that here.

redknight - It sounds like your computer is having some problems to process the game after that point. Making sure that everything is up-to-date with the steps you find here could help in this case as well so you can finally go on!

nomatt - I can definitely understand how frustrating all that must be for you! It could help to try and run your game as administrator if you haven't tried that yet.

If this doesn’t help, our Technical Support will be more than happy to have a further look at this with you so you can enjoy your game again! To get help faster it would be a great help if you could include a Dr. Felix report. You can contact them 24/7 by clicking on the green envelope at the top-right of this page. On the next page you can find the Contact Us link on the bottom-left.

I hope this helps!

bfgBiwa

[Post New]by kenswinehart on Feb 11, 13 7:40 AM
bfgBiwa,

I've tried everything you suggested and I still do not have a mounse pointer -- I called it a cursor. ANy other suggestions?

Ken

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 12, 13 1:59 AM
Hi kenswinehart,

Thanks for trying the steps offered by bfgBiwa. As the issue persists though, you can contact our Tech Support Team for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page, one of our Reps will be happy to help you.

Good luck!

bfgTokoro

bribling
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,396 Posts

[Post New]by bribling on Feb 13, 13 9:11 PM
Once again (I had the same problem in Chemeras) The Hint is stuck on one clue and, although I have done that and gone beyond, it is the only clue I can get. Stuck on, "Go to the souvenier shop and pick up the statue in the chair...". I have the statue. I really only need a Hint to know where to go next. All the back and forth running around in these games is why I quit Adventure games years ago. Seems I may have to give up HOGs too. It is tiresome looking through the SG to find out where I am going. The Map only covers the cathedral. No, I am NOT going to uninstall, reinstall and start over!

[Post New]by lizardsgecko on Feb 14, 13 11:34 AM
I am at the location where I have to use the utility knife to cut out the butterfly...problem: my game doesn't have the utility knife. I've checked the strategy guide to see where it's supposed to be and I just don't have the knife. I uninstalled and reinstalled...still no knife!! Help please

bfgBaikal
Marlin
Marlin
8,624 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBaikal on Feb 15, 13 3:36 AM
Hi Fishies,

bribling - I'm real sorry that you have had this trouble with this game and another previously.

I am not too sure why your game is not operating as it should and although you would prefer to reload the game, I do think uninstalling and reinstalling the game is the best thing to do in this instance. This will ensure that all the game files are installed and running correctly.

The good news is that uninstalling the game, will not cause you to lose your place - the save data is saved in a different location so once the game is reinstalled, you can pick up right where you left off!

If the error persists after doing so though, please contact Tech Support for further assistance by clicking on the green to the right of the page. One of our Reps will be happy to take a closer look at this with you.

lizardsgecko - I found a post here with some advice on the utility knife.

I really hope that helps!

bfgBaikal

NYDanielle
Guppy
Guppy
176 Posts

[Post New]by NYDanielle on Feb 15, 13 4:13 PM
I have no bonus chapter, even though it's the Collector's Edition. I've finished the game, but nothing. I've installed, and re-installed the game. Has anyone else had this problem?

Thanks.

bfgTokoro
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,111 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTokoro on Feb 16, 13 2:56 AM
Hi NYDanielle,

It's odd that you have no bonus chapter in your Collector's Edition. Let me lend you a fin.

So here are some information I gathered to help you:

The Collector's Edition is composed of 8 chapters, plus 1 bonus chapter. There is an in-game Strategy Guide. Other extras for this Collector's Edition are unlocked after the main game is completed:

• Extra Game Play
• Soundtrack
• Wallpapers
• Concept Art

I also did some research in the Forum and I found this post, that could interest you, warning may contain spoilers!
The Bonus game is not necessary to finish the story. The bonus game is a "prequel" ...

I hope this helps!

bfgTokoro

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 2:56:40 AM PST

[Post New]by pendle_witch on Feb 16, 13 8:44 AM
Hi,

I've downloaded the C E version today and when I click play in my game manager it just re-starts my computer , please help.

bfgIzara
Flounder
Flounder
2,151 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIzara on Feb 16, 13 11:48 AM
I'm very sorry to hear about that, pendle_witch! The computer definitely shouldn't be crashing when trying to play your game.

If you'd like to try some troubleshooting steps, running the game as an administrator may help with those issues and make sure the game has the correct permission from the system to play.

One of our Tech Support Reps will also be happy to work with you directly to figure out what may be causing those issues. Please be sure to include a Dr. Felix - our diagnostic tool - so they can investigate further.

To reach them, please click on the green to the right of the page and then select the Contact Us link to the bottom left.

I hope this is helpful and best of luck!

bfgIzara

Edited on 02/16/2013 at 11:49:19 AM PST

[Post New]by Chaunceyspal on Feb 17, 13 2:35 PM
I am playing the game ok except i must have done something to lose my bottom the menu bar where everything is like inventory, map, gladiel, and hints. Any idea you can come up with please help.....I hope I dont have to restart with another player or redownload let me know

Ruthanne

[Post New]by cantonminor1279 on Feb 17, 13 2:53 PM
I am getting stuck at the dungeon hidden object scene.I got everything found and it appeared that I got the hexagon thingy, but it is not in my inventory.Each time I try to go back to do the scene,it is still glowing but all items have been found.I could use the help!Thanks!

bfgMonongahela
Manatee
Manatee
4,448 Posts

[Post New]by bfgMonongahela on Feb 17, 13 4:44 PM
Hi Chaunceyspal and cantonminor1279,

With both of your issues, the first thing I'd suggest is uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This is usually get these sort of issues straightened out. We go over that process in our help article here.

If that doesn't help, please get in touch with our Tech Support Team. They'll be able to take a look at what's going on and work with you directly to get everything straightened out. You can contact them by clicking here to submit a support ticket via email. If you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can also connect to Live Chat Support Monday-Friday 7:30am-4:30pm PST.

Hope that helps!

bfgMonongahela

Go to: