Gems

[Post New]by treepm on Feb 10, 13 12:00 PM
I only get purple gems. Some levels require red and blue gems. How do you get these. Are they only on the harder levels. I am playing on easy.

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

Re:Gems

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 10, 13 12:22 PM
There are only purple gems. I think you just have to have different numbers of them to unlock the extra tower spots. But for most levels, you can get 3 stars without unlocking the extra towers, so you might want to save your gems for upgrades.

SeaTurtle7
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

[Post New]by SeaTurtle7 on Feb 16, 13 8:14 AM
I haven't figured out what you do to get gems. I've played the same level many times with the same strategy and sometimes get 3 gems and other times get only 1. Any hints on this?

Thanks!

festclick
Minnow
Minnow
279 Posts

[Post New]by festclick on Feb 16, 13 8:26 AM
Gems are awarded randomly, but I think the more enemies you kill, the more likely you get gems. Some levels are fairly straightforward and tend to give many gems. 1-4 and 1-11 for example. So you can replay levels like this if you want more gems. I also found that I got around 40 or 50 gems for 2-20 even when I couldn't complete it. But once I had more upgrades I got less gems so that may also be a factor. Some people like to farm gems by replaying levels many times, but it's not needed to finish the game with 3 stars on all levels.

Go to: